Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need new tires...

The stock tires on my GTX went bald after only about 1/3 gallon of use. I want to replace them with some all terrain tires that I can still get good traction on the hard packed dirt track. What is a good tire that won't weigh down and slow the truck down? I am runnning a .12 motor. Should I keep the front ribbed tires or swap out all four?
    Savage X w/LRP z28 spec 3
    Bash Big or Go Home!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need new tires...

Get 4 proline dirt hawgs
    great for all terrain and last a while
    RC10T4 W/MM 7700 and bunch of RPM parts, hopped XTM XT2, Thunder Tiger ST-1, Savage X 4.6. Also i\'\'m actually 14 not 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've seen those on thier website. They look like they have a nice tread design. I've also seen twomanytoys advise for the the hpi geolanders. I guess my biggest concern is whether or not the weight of this type of tire will slow the truck down.
    Savage X w/LRP z28 spec 3
    Bash Big or Go Home!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the dirt hawgs will probably not add any weight, maybe a tiny bit but not noticeable

if you are concerned about weight stay away from moabs,mashers, big joes and stuff like that

the dirt hawgs sound perfect for you

i run dirt hawgs on my brushless T4 and they are great tires
    RC10T4 W/MM 7700 and bunch of RPM parts, hopped XTM XT2, Thunder Tiger ST-1, Savage X 4.6. Also i\'\'m actually 14 not 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no, get the geolanders.....the moabs also work good but i think onroad they slap the ground with the bulky tread
    rc\'\'s: ae sc10 4x4, miss vegas, rio ep
    real cars: a couple of f-bodies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get 2 sets of tires, one for the road and one for the dirt..........those big Geolanders and Moabs will make that .12 drag like hell. When you hard on tires there isn't much you can do because they all wear differently. Pins wear out the fastest. These are all choices Dirt Tires and Street Tires if you want to use the 30 series tires you will need Rims adn Adaptors good luck and Merry Christmas
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more