Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Need new tires...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need new tires...

The stock tires on my GTX went bald after only about 1/3 gallon of use. I want to replace them with some all terrain tires that I can still get good traction on the hard packed dirt track. What is a good tire that won't weigh down and slow the truck down? I am runnning a .12 motor. Should I keep the front ribbed tires or swap out all four?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Matt (12 year old rc fanatic)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need new tires...

Get 4 proline dirt hawgs
great for all terrain and last a while
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen those on thier website. They look like they have a nice tread design. I've also seen twomanytoys advise for the the hpi geolanders. I guess my biggest concern is whether or not the weight of this type of tire will slow the truck down.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Matt (12 year old rc fanatic)

the dirt hawgs will probably not add any weight, maybe a tiny bit but not noticeable

if you are concerned about weight stay away from moabs,mashers, big joes and stuff like that

the dirt hawgs sound perfect for you

i run dirt hawgs on my brushless T4 and they are great tires
Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 AM
motorhead91

no, get the geolanders.....the moabs also work good but i think onroad they slap the ground with the bulky tread
Old 12-13-2007, 10:16 AM
rclynx

Get 2 sets of tires, one for the road and one for the dirt..........those big Geolanders and Moabs will make that .12 drag like hell. When you hard on tires there isn't much you can do because they all wear differently. Pins wear out the fastest. These are all choices [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15&zenid=8b691ff86d23f00b50c468e644c45c18]Dirt Tires[/link] and [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16]Street Tires[/link] if you want to use the 30 series tires you will need [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=19]Rims adn Adaptors[/link] good luck and Merry Christmas