Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Nitro Engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Engines

I have a xxx-nt sport II in the mail, and it has a gallon thru it. When it gets to about 5 gallons, I'm gonna change the engine and get a new one. I want it to be under $130. I want one thats easy to tune and is reliable. And I want a upgrade of the orinigal Mach .15RE. I was looking at OS engines, but the .12's are square, and they look horrible! Is there one with a round cooling head, a CV, CV-R, or CV-X ???? Also, what engine is this? look below Is it good or is it expensive. They are using it in the Losi AD2 kit, so it must be good. thats 2 questions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70870.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	835823  
Old 12-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Nitro Engines

^^^^Are the Fantom's FR12's good? If they are, just give me a link to a new one.^^^
Old 12-28-2007, 03:48 PM
rcdudegermy10

if you're getting a used engine in the mail, you'll probably have to dish out some dough as soon as you get it, chances are the person lied and gave you a bad motor...hopefuly you didn't pay too much for it...

anyways, if it were me I'd go w/ this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNHG8&P=ML
O.S. makes some of the most powerful and reliable engines out there...I think this would be the best...
Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Chris_RC

No, I'm getting a XXX-NT sport II that comes w/ them mach .15RE
Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
madmaxvtx

I have had several fantom RF12 engines and raced then when i was in southern california. yes they dont last very long. i got 6-9 gallons through them but they do have tons of power if you add the fantom pipe to it. i raced the losi xxxnt and had great success with the combonation.. i even had one addapted to a blower i bought on line, that was way to much torque for the transmission and i blew up bearings and casesleft and right but it was a ton of fun when it did run. the 300.00 price tag for the engine is steep. if your looking to race it i would say invest . if you just plan to play with it then its not worth the investment