Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SPEED

well if you got a lot of time and money also an idea
of what you wanna do you can make any truck fast
Old 02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
bneterasedmynam

my friend has a gt2 with the same engine and it beat me in a drag race tonight against my vxl rustler im still trying to figure that one out.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Losi8TP3
Banned
My Feedback: (-3)

Hey guys dont forget the XTM x-cellerator....I mean for $219.00 that truck rocks.For the price its the best r/c i have ever bought.I still have it,its been over 2 years since ive bought it and ive rebuilt it twice and beat many jatos,losi xxx-nts,gt2s whatever.Its all about the set up,tires,adjustments,and etc.People who start forums like this dont race regular,they just buy RTRs and run them on the street,woods,sand whatever else they can find.But put them on a Race Track for the first time with Adam Drakes Losi 8 or 8T and they will suck!!!So theres a lot of different way to answer a question like this without arguing.Trust me i am a girl and get made fun of and put down at the track until i beat everyone.I dont allways win,but i am pretty damn good for just racing in the summer time.Gill Losi Jr offered me to move to California and race for them full time.But i didnt go to school for 6 years for nothing!But maybe someday!!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 AM
mallethead

I own a GT2 , I bought my son a rustler . It is fasttt. I need advice on upgrades to GT2 to keep up . What gear ratio and bell housing does any one recomend ? Staying wit plastic because the more metal and aluminum the more gets broken down the line
Old 02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
bneterasedmynam

what kind of rustler are you trying to keep up with? if its the vxl you will need a .18 at least currently my vxl has only been beatin by the one gt2 and it has an os.18 in it prolly a tz not sure on the gears i would guess 24 clutch bell and a 49-51 spur would do it.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Oliver_Klozov

what the clutch bell numbers from that last post b/c the internal gear ratio is very different from a vlx so you might look at it this way with a 32 pitch cb you will see about 10mph top speed increase by changing your clutch bell froma 15 to say an 18. I put a 24/56 on my rc10gt and it would take 4 runways to hit top speed it's geard so high... i used a 19/58 or i think to hit 55 mph and it got there fast. if your racing over a 100 feet or less go with a bigger spur gear or smaller clutchbell to get more excelleration and top your car out real fast.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 AM
mallethead

Thanks , I have ordered several different set ups to try . It will be fun testing and finding the gears fo me .
Old 02-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Oliver_Klozov

have fun man when changing gears and testing it always puts a smile on my face
Old 02-25-2008, 02:04 PM
bneterasedmynam

ORIGINAL: Oliver_Klozov

what the clutch bell numbers from that last post b/c the internal gear ratio is very different from a vlx so you might look at it this way with a 32 pitch cb you will see about 10mph top speed increase by changing your clutch bell froma 15 to say an 18. I put a 24/56 on my rc10gt and it would take 4 runways to hit top speed it's geard so high... i used a 19/58 or i think to hit 55 mph and it got there fast. if your racing over a 100 feet or less go with a bigger spur gear or smaller clutchbell to get more excelleration and top your car out real fast.
my gt2 has that exact gear ratio on it thats why i suggested it, mine has no trouble accelerating at all in fact its geared to low for the 3.3 i have in it.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Oliver_Klozov

im talking about the gears in the dif mine has a 2.02 ratio im not sure about the rustler but i know the jato has like a 3. sumthin dif ratio so the clutch bell and the spur mean nothing when you try to compare two cars unless you know the dif ratios