Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

WiTCH ONE?RC10gt?Losixxx-nt

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
SENMERI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WiTCH ONE?RC10gt?Losixxx-nt

WITCH ONE WOULD YOU THINK IS BEST FOR THE TRACK????
THANKS
Old 02-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Toki

Default RE: WiTCH ONE?RC10gt?Losixxx-nt

gt2
Old 02-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Chris_RC

xxx nt
Old 02-15-2008, 10:29 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Go with whichever one your local shop supports the most. Chances are whichever car has the best driver will win when comparing trucks that are both nice.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 AM
misasi

my vote go to the gt2, the gt's track record says enough and the gt2 picks up where it left off.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:09 PM
XXT-CRer

losi all the way. it must be pretty good or ae wouldnt have copied it so closely designing the gt2.

i also had both and raced both. i had the drake trucks first, then when the gt2 came out i got the ft kit and raced it for a few weeks. i sold the gt2 but have since bought another one, but i only race the losi's.

i was consistently faster with the losi

i own 3 of the team orion pro lsc lap timing systems, so i time eevn my practices, and the losi is definitly easier to drive faster for me.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:30 PM
RC 01 KID

If your pretty serious about racing then theres no doubt you need to get the Losi AD2 kit...Ive heard nothing but good things about its racing capabilities on here....
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: misasi

my vote go to the gt2, the gt's track record says enough and the gt2 picks up where it left off.
Yeah,and acceleration is better then speed in a curvy,rough track.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
XXT-CRer

ORIGINAL: RC 01 KID

If your pretty serious about racing then theres no doubt you need to get the Losi AD2 kit...Ive heard nothing but good things about its racing capabilities on here....

ya, its awesome. like i said above i had both. i prolly make it sound like its night and day difference, but to be fair, thats not the case.

i was faster with my losi's than my gt2 according to my orion pro lcs timing system with surprising regularity. but theres really more to it than that. owning both and being able to set them down side by side allows you to see little things that you would never notice without the advanatage of comparison.

details..... like everything is just a little beefier on the losi. like the hub carriers and spindles. the chassis bracing and servo mounts are much less rigid on the ae than on the losi.

as far as racing, its hard to explain my experiences, but i will try. you will see what i mean about being able to compare them and see little things. ihn fact, i am sure if i had the gt2 first, i would have never percieved a reason to get the losi. hear me out here before you flame on me.

i was practicing with the gt2 about a month after i built it and everything was fine. i was running fast laps and always ran fast enough to be near the front of the pack. i was able to maintain consistent lines just as easily as with my ad2's. i could make all the jumps that i could make with my losi's too.

right before the start/finish straight was a short little straight with little rollers at the end and a tight hairpin left. like ridges on ruffles, about 2 inches tall each and maybe 6 inches between them each. about a ten foot section of them all the way into the last turn. everyone would brake before them and coast through them so it was normal to consider them as the same for everyone.

i crashed after practicing for about an hour and broke the header off on my gt2 an hour before i was to race. i grabbed the losi and discovered that the rx pack was completely dead, so i decided to set the truck up as closely as i could to the gt2 while it charged.

when it was ready i started it and set it on the track, really just to redial in the radio settings, and it was like the little rollers in the last turn were gone. i had to stop the truck and squint my eyes just to look down there to see if the track crew had scraped them flat or something, but there they were, just like before.

i was able to blitz through them so fast, and brake so much later, i couldnt believe it. the losi just floated through a lot better for me.

this is what i mean when i say i wouldnt know if i didnt compare like that. it was almost by accident that i discovered this. someone may have a similar story of being faster with their gt2 than with their losi, and i wouldnt doubt they were telling the truth. this is just the way it happened with me. the lap times were about 60-80 thousanths faster with surprising regularity after this revelation, which is really when i started timing myself against myself, if that makes sense, lol.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
bneterasedmynam

get the gt2 its the best track truck iv ever had, and as far as the losi's go i had an electric one and all it did was break every single time i used it even the transmission twisted apart.
but the gt2 has held together the entire time iv had it and i run a 3.3 in mine and still the transmission stays intact.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:15 PM
XXT-CRer

ORIGINAL: bneterasedmynam

get the gt2 its the best track truck iv ever had, and as far as the losi's go i had an electric one and all it did was break every single time i used it even the transmission twisted apart.
but the gt2 has held together the entire time iv had it and i run a 3.3 in mine and still the transmission stays intact.

see, your going to get intelligent feedback supporting both candidates.

but keep in mind we are comparing nitro to nitro here.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:20 PM
XXT-CRer

ORIGINAL: DRAKE-ULA

i cant say the losi is better for everyone. there are going to be ppl that are faster with the ae no doubt. but with your statement about "BREAK EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU USE IT" your kinda shooting the credibility of your comparisons in the foot because you have done something wrong with your losi. all trucks can break but you make it sound like the losi is made of balsa.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
125cchyperman

As Drake-Ula the Losi must have been good enough that Ae wanted to copy it's design. Personally with a good driver either will win but I have to go with Losi on this one, and not because I just own one but I also noticed the differences that Drake-Ula stated. If AE copied it's design then it must be a dang good truck, and it is!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:25 PM
bneterasedmynam

that is true i havnt had the nitro version of the losi truck but the gt2 is nitro, my comparison was more just a company vs. company thing plus the parts support for losi didnt seem good to me, it took 5 weeks just to get 2 gears for the transmission, my real problem with them was the manufacturing quality of the truck the ball bearing dif actually twisted apart inside the ball bearings literally ground away the plastic slots they sit in.
i have never seen any other truck do that especially one that was made for brushless motors, where as the gt2 which i have put a much larger engine that what it is designed for still holds together, it just seemed to me that the ae stuff was manufactured out of better materials, as far as the design of both they were about equal for balance and performance.
but again i dont have the nitro version of the xxxt so im not sure it might be made better than the electric one.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
XXT-CRer

that is true i havnt had the nitro version of the losi truck but the gt2 is nitro, my comparison was more just a company vs. company thing plus the parts support for losi didnt seem good to me, it took 5 weeks just to get 2 gears for the transmission, my real problem with them was the manufacturing quality of the truck the ball bearing dif actually twisted apart inside the ball bearings literally ground away the plastic slots they sit in.
i have never seen any other truck do that especially one that was made for brushless motors, where as the gt2 which i have put a much larger engine that what it is designed for still holds together, it just seemed to me that the ae stuff was manufactured out of better materials, as far as the design of both they were about equal for balance and performance.
but again i dont have the nitro version of the xxxt so im not sure it might be made better than the electric one.

thats pretty bad for sure about the waiting 5 weeks for sure. ive never heard of anything like that. i can see where you might hold a grudge. never go to the factory for parts, just call stormer or horizon or someone like that and you can get them no prob.

as far as smoking your diff gear, ive had tranny failures in my losi's but never the actual diff gear. the idler is the one that always has gone first in my experiences. but its always well past rebuild time when it happens. but that is very rare and only in the electric model.

the xxxnt tranny is absolutly bullet proof, with its stepped idler configuration. in fact, the gt2 tranny was completly redesigned using losi's stepped idler setup. before the original gt used the standard idler setup and went to the losi design after seeing the toughness of the losi's diff setup. if you look at the gt2 advertisments, when they cover the tranny, they dont say they designed an all new tranny with a stepped idler setup, they say they "adopted" it. take a guess from what tranny they "adopted" it, lol.

this is a debate that will never have an outcome, and like hyperman said, they are close enough that the best driver will likely win. but having owned both at the same time. i accidently found that im better with the losi.

my driving style is very aggressive (although not as much so as it was 25 years ago), and i think the losi lends itself better to guys who drive on the edge. but the gt2 is no slouch for sure, and with its adopted stepped idler setup, the tranny is indeed very tough.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Mugen Mbx5

RC10=a lot more durable transmission Losi=A little better handling........Its a shame the Mst-1 didn't catch on,as it was the best of both worlds!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
derk8.0mgt

hey guys i have a question. i am just getting into the nitro stadium truck racing, and i bought an ad2 truck with a novarossi c12 it also came with a picco rc speed 12 engine and a novarossi rex r12 if anybody has any info on all 3 of these engines can u please let me know thank you
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 PM
SENMERI

Does anyone know if the XXX-NT2 Parts are the same As the XXX-NT??? And would anyone know on where i can find a wing for the factory body? it looks like it can be glued on with double sided tape....
Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Chris_RC

yes, they are interchangeable.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
rclynx

You want to know which one? They both have good qualities about them accept when it come down to the people who back them. Associated products are watched over and quality is inhanced by nobody but Associated on the other hand Losi is owned and controled by big business and the ones who control over 70% of the products handled in the Hobby field. I happen to like the small guy who makes good products like Associated. I don't need to make a fat cats pocket any fuller thank you

GT2 all the Way[:-]
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
SENMERI

What about that back wing for the stock body? Do you know were i can purchase one of those? Mine is missing?!!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Chris_RC

what stock body?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 PM
SENMERI

The stock body on the xxx-nt from losi? i am looking for the back plate... It's the back wing for the body...
Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
bte214

Saying AE copied Losi is the oldest, most tired arguement when it comes to the GT2. There is only so much innovation that can be done and if a design works why not use it. It's done all over R/C. Look at 8th scale buggies or TC's. There isn't much radical design work. I don't know much about the whole history of R/C but I'm sure Losi "adopted" some things from the original RC10. As for adding to this thread, either truck are capable of winning; period. It really depends on your driving style and how the cars are set up. Look for parts support first. Neither truck is good if you have to wiat for parts to run it. If you think you'll need setup help from the guys at the track, get the one that is most popular there, or if you think you can do better get the less popular one and prove them wrong. Finally flip a coin. You can't go wrong either way. AE and Losi are tops.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: rclynx

You want to know which one? They both have good qualities about them accept when it come down to the people who back them. Associated products are watched over and quality is inhanced by nobody but Associated on the other hand Losi is owned and controled by big business and the ones who control over 70% of the products handled in the Hobby field. I happen to like the small guy who makes good products like Associated. I don't need to make a fat cats pocket any fuller thank you

GT2 all the Way[:-]
Ummm I believe that Associated is owned by Thunder Tiger or some other larger company. And since they have started manufacturing parts else where I believe either in China or Taiwan the product's have gone down in quality and tend to break more often then they did before. So dont think that your doing some small company a favor, cause in the end there all big wigs and all have fat wallets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.