Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

new to stadium trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 PM
oneofakindtrini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to stadium trucks

ok i am fairly new to the off road and stadium truck racing . i have very good expirence with on road but i am looking into off road . i have two choices in mind the hpi racing mt2 or the traxxas jato. which one would be better or do you guys have any other suggestions but nothing over $450
Old 03-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: new to stadium trucks

do you want to race, bash, speed runs onroad? what?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:10 PM
[email protected]

jato blows and i don't like firestorm too much i either firestorm or ruslter not jato .
it takes to much to make it become a real stadium truck instead of an on-road.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
bneterasedmynam

the only thing it takes to make a jato off-road is new tires, if you really want a good off-road stadium truck go with a gt2 they will out perform almost any other st there is.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 PM
jumpanddrop

all the jato is good for is high speed parking lot runs. that it realy, not good for the track at all. i have an mt2 and its a good st. very happy with it. the gt2 is good 2
Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM
oneofakindtrini

i want a truck that i can take into my backyard where i have alot of grass and space and also at the same time i need to be drive able on road as well . and i want good speeds also
Old 03-16-2008, 10:02 AM
[email protected]

well then the nitro rustler or you could get a t-maxx 2.5 buy i am gonna say this you don't need something too fast espiciaily if your just begining.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Alex570

If you want to race the RC10GT2 would be a good choice.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 AM
[email protected]

but for bashing/ and a lil racing. rustler or firestorm
Old 03-16-2008, 12:05 PM
125cchyperman

If the grass is to high then a st wont go real well in it, the ride height isnt all that great in these st's. So if you like your grass a little high then a MT or a 1/8th scale buggy would be better for you. But if you keep your grass low cut, then a st will do fine, if you want to race then aTeam Losi XXX-NT2 or the Team Associated GT2 are you best choices. Jato are good, but arent the best though at handling. Mainly good for straight line runs on pavement. The experience that I've had witht he mt2's (not mine just helping th ekid up the street) is that there not the best. Now this may have been a lemon from HPI also(not saying that it wasnt), just he had more problems with it then anything really.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 PM
fatcat332

my jato rips... ive driven a rustler and its crap compaired to my truck...
[email protected] has no idea what hes talkin about. the 3.3 is horrible 2 so look on ebay for a 2.5 jato or swap motors out
Old 03-16-2008, 02:29 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: 125cchyperman

If the grass is to high then a st wont go real well in it, the ride height isnt all that great in these st's. So if you like your grass a little high then a MT or a 1/8th scale buggy would be better for you. But if you keep your grass low cut, then a st will do fine, if you want to race then aTeam Losi XXX-NT2 or the Team Associated GT2 are you best choices. Jato are good, but arent the best though at handling. Mainly good for straight line runs on pavement. The experience that I've had witht he mt2's (not mine just helping th ekid up the street) is that there not the best. Now this may have been a lemon from HPI also(not saying that it wasnt), just he had more problems with it then anything really.
"The kid up the street"is probably a newb,which explains why u said that the mt2 had more problems.
BTW,aren't you guys a little tired of these threads?,somebody should post a sticky thread on ST capabilities and strength/weakness'.That way anyone looking for a ST that has,for example: Durability and off-road capabilities,can easily pick the truck that fits there liking.
Everyone who posts on threads like these will always recommend the truck that they own,and will degrade other trucks simply because they want their truck to "win".If you don't know much about other trucks besides your's,please hold your tongue.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:40 PM
windowlicker

well said NitroNate
Old 03-16-2008, 05:06 PM
oneofakindtrini

thanks but i really like the jato . and i have driven one b4 but does anyone know if there is a adjustable wheelie bar for it
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
fatcat332

yeah theres tons out there i think traxxas makes one too new era check towerhobbies.com
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
jumpanddrop

yea i dont like traxxas. they just seem like all there little fancy gagets always break on them, like the estart and reverse[:@]
Old 03-16-2008, 10:58 PM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

"The kid up the street"is probably a newb,which explains why u said that the mt2 had more problems.
BTW,aren't you guys a little tired of these threads?,somebody should post a sticky thread on ST capabilities and strength/weakness'.That way anyone looking for a ST that has,for example: Durability and off-road capabilities,can easily pick the truck that fits there liking.
Everyone who posts on threads like these will always recommend the truck that they own,and will degrade other trucks simply because they want their truck to "win".If you don't know much about other trucks besides your's,please hold your tongue.
No he wasnt exactly a newb, But did have the inteligence of a 4 year old, but he couldnt get it to run right. And I helped him get it up and tuned. But as soon as I leaned it out and awakened the nitro engine up a little things started to break in the drive line. So even though it he did have the inteligence of a 4 year old it wasnt his fault, believe me I would gladly admit it if it was his fault. I dont exactly think to much of this kid, but was willing to help him out. But as I said this may have been a lemon and have heard a lot of good things about HPI. I'm just stating that my experiences with them was not the greatest though. But I try and be as informational and factual as I can be. And I try not to bash certain vehicles, just state what there good for. If he want to go strictely on road then the Jato would be awesome for him. But is he might see some type of racing in the future then the Losi or the AE would be better suited for him. By the way I'm a TEAM LOS GUY saying that an AE would also be a good pick for racing.

But even if there was a sticky the threads would still pop up though. And this type of thread isnt exacly as bad as the"LOOK WHAT I FOUND, DO THESE SUPERCHARGERS WORK" type threads. Personally yes they are kinda annoying though.