Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

i went to you tube you car sounds awsome i am going to save money and get os 21 tm that thing sounded awsome

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol thanks. Sorry for the shakey video also. My daaughter was working the camera and I also had tranny issues cuz I was not paying attention and installed the diff backwards. I working on trying to get some better video.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

Can anybody recommend me some Off road tires/wheels?
    Proline Badlands. Awesome off road tire.
    I see, and wheels/rims?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anybody recommend me some Off road tires/wheels?
    Proline Badlands. Awesome off road tire.
    I see, and wheels/rims?
    Proline 2.8 inch 30 series Torque wheels. They look great. Check out the SHOWOFF YOUR ST THREAD and check out the first posting. Got pics witht the Badland tires and Torque wheels.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a list of mods I did b4 the CVD's.
    1) OS .21TM
    2) MotorSaver Air Filter
    3) RS4 2 Header
    4) Buku Power Muffler (And man is it sick on the this motor)[sm=thumbup.gif]
    5) Futaba Servos
    6) Novak Receiver
    7) RPM Front Bumper
    8) RPM A Arms all the way around
    9) Center Mounted Battery Pack
    10) Integy Steel Spur
    11) GH Racing Aluminum Brake Arms
    12) Hot Racing Dual Steel Brakes
    13) Jaco Foam Tires (for the street)
    14) Pro-Line Racing 30 series Badlands tires (for off road)
    15) Dubrough Fuel Filter (dont know if I spelled that right)
    any specific model numbers on those servos and receiver, forgive me im a rookie at this [&o]
    OH! and whats a good radio

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The reciever is a POLARIS AM RECEIVER from NOVAK which they dont make anymore. I actually originaly bought it as a spare for my RC10GT but never ended up using it so I installed it on the Jato. As far as the radio I use a Futaba 2PH AM Radio. Nothing fancy. With the radio and receiver combo I get awsome range for what I do. I can run it so far I cant tell what direction the Jato is going. In case you ask I dont use a fail safe. In 15 yrs I never have even though I know I should. Pretty sure my luck will run out one day. The servos are Futaba S3003 for throttle/brake and steering. Anything else you would like to know pimpala 50 just ask. Good luck man.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcphanatik

alright, i will never let ANYONE else drive my jato again. i BELIEVE that a friend overheated the motor by doing donuts for over 10 seconds at full throttle. right after he finished, the truck shut off. i took it home and took the cooling head off, and found the little orange ring that is normally attached to the bottom of the head was disconnected.
    1. the jato does start, but dies soon after or at any touch of the throttle.
    2.the tuning was correct when i was running it (i think).
    Oh man. NEVER EVER let anyone drive your RC unless they have experience with it. Donuts are ok but only for 2 or 3 seconds and not at full throttle. Your head could be warped from the heat. Did you notice any smoke coming from the motor?. Also check your Glow Plug.
    dude, this is weird, youu got it exactly right. that is exactly it. i went to a friend's today and exchanged heads on a 3.3, and the car drove awesome.
    jeez, that guy was an idiot.
    now i feel like an idiot too. when i drove it with my friend's head i didn't have the shell on and 6 inches of the antenna was torn off. my range is SERIOUSLY impaired. do i need a totally new reciever? if i do, what should i get? stock?
    Next Best Thing to a real car! )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a list of mods I did b4 the CVD's.
    1) OS .21TM
    2) MotorSaver Air Filter
    3) RS4 2 Header
    4) Buku Power Muffler (And man is it sick on the this motor)[sm=thumbup.gif]
    5) Futaba Servos
    6) Novak Receiver
    7) RPM Front Bumper
    8) RPM A Arms all the way around
    9) Center Mounted Battery Pack
    10) Integy Steel Spur
    11) GH Racing Aluminum Brake Arms
    12) Hot Racing Dual Steel Brakes
    13) Jaco Foam Tires (for the street)
    14) Pro-Line Racing 30 series Badlands tires (for off road)
    15) Dubrough Fuel Filter (dont know if I spelled that right) <u didn't spell it right. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what color compound jacos do you have and what size quitenas1 thanks once again

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright, i will never let ANYONE else drive my jato again. i BELIEVE that a friend overheated the motor by doing donuts for over 10 seconds at full throttle. right after he finished, the truck shut off. i took it home and took the cooling head off, and found the little orange ring that is normally attached to the bottom of the head was disconnected.
    Oh man. NEVER EVER let anyone drive your RC unless they have experience with it. Donuts are ok but only for 2 or 3 seconds and not at full throttle. Your head could be warped from the heat. Did you notice any smoke coming from the motor?. Also check your Glow Plug.
    dude, this is weird, youu got it exactly right. that is exactly it. i went to a friend's today and exchanged heads on a 3.3, and the car drove awesome.
    now i feel like an idiot too. when i drove it with my friend's head i didn't have the shell on and 6 inches of the antenna was torn off. my range is SERIOUSLY impaired. do i need a totally new reciever? if i do, what should i get? stock?
    You do not need a new receiver. You can replace the wire for like 98 cents and some solder.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol glad I could help. Happy you got it up and running again. As far as the receiver goes it would be best to go with stock if your running with the stock Traxxas remote. I noticed when I installed the Novak receiver the crystals from the stock receiver did not fit. Thats why I went out and bought the Futaba remote.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

what color compound jacos do you have and what size quitenas1 thanks once again
    These are the ones I use on my Jato. Part number JAC2020 (front purple) and part number JAC2040 (rear pink). These fit the JATO, NITRO RUSTLER, and NITRO SPORT.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ha! never thought that it would be this handy to have a parts car. i have a seriously busted redcat tornado that hasn't run since last summer that i yanked a reciever out of, and it works! now i just need an engine head.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.rbinnovations.com/category_s/52.htm Check out these heads from RB INOVATIONS. they are really nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dude, those r sweet! i got the hourglass head from that page. i can't wait until it gets here!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah the hourglass ones are nice. I would get them but they dont fit my motor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey anybody ever use a supercharger on a nitro motor the link to where you can get the head has them 160.00 bucks wonder if it works

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dont get the supercharger. Very hard to tune and it will destroy your motor. Look up some guy that goes by the name of squirrel on youtube. He has an in depth 4 part video about them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yTADlRuF0 Here is a link to the 1st part. It is actualy a 2 part video.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no need to look i trust u man ,my rpm control arms came in today fixing to put them on , got a little sunshine today maybe i can run today,i have enough problem tuning let alone something to make it more difficult than it already is thanks for the help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quietnas 1 how do you remove the battery box so i can put on my rear arms can not figure it out i took out the 2 screws in the battery box still wont come off please help[:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You have to remove the diff cover as well. You have to remove the 2 screws that are located on the bottom of the chassis at the very rear. Then you have to remove the other 4 screws that hold in the diff cover. Once the diff cover comes off you will be able to remove the arms.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks you are a rc computer i finally got them on they look killer .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol thanks. Glad I could help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey all,

could someone help me out. I went off a pretty high jump yesterday and now it seems as though when i give the jato throttle, the the carb bumps the EZ start motor quite a bit. The contact is in the area of the LSN, and when I give it gas, it pushes against the EZ start motor at least a quarter of an inch.

Also, my EZ start motor no longer spins the engine over, I'm thinking it may have become unseated. Has anyone else had this issue before?

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast