Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: supastar1568

hey all,

could someone help me out. I went off a pretty high jump yesterday and now it seems as though when i give the jato throttle, the the carb bumps the EZ start motor quite a bit. The contact is in the area of the LSN, and when I give it gas, it pushes against the EZ start motor at least a quarter of an inch.

Also, my EZ start motor no longer spins the engine over, I'm thinking it may have become unseated. Has anyone else had this issue before?
    it sounds like u may have knocked some things off line. Everything fits real snug with the motor size and ez start together. U prolly have 2 take the motor off the truck and take the ez start off And check the gears that turn the ex start. Once u have it all off u will prolly find the problem and get everything 2 line back up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

ORIGINAL: supastar1568

hey all,

could someone help me out. I went off a pretty high jump yesterday and now it seems as though when i give the jato throttle, the the carb bumps the EZ start motor quite a bit. The contact is in the area of the LSN, and when I give it gas, it pushes against the EZ start motor at least a quarter of an inch.

Also, my EZ start motor no longer spins the engine over, I'm thinking it may have become unseated. Has anyone else had this issue before?
    it sounds like u may have knocked some things off line. Everything fits real snug with the motor size and ez start together. U prolly have 2 take the motor off the truck and take the ez start off And check the gears that turn the ex start. Once u have it all off u will prolly find the problem and get everything 2 line back up.
    Yup, I just did that and found that the two M2.6 flat head screws that mount the EZ start motor to the plastic had backed out almost the whole length of the screw. Tightened them back down and things are good to go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

quietnas 1 how do you remove the battery box so i can put on my rear arms can not figure it out i took out the 2 screws in the battery box still wont come off please help[:@]
    Man I had the sae issue when changing my arms, I really pulled,twisted,and everything, got mad, left and came back, did the same thing again, before I finally realized it was alot more I needed to take apart before the box would come off....(laughed at myself)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i did not see the backward screw but i got it done, waiting on brake leaver and front bumper, fixing to install 3 speed in my schumacher finally got all the parts , the parts for it are very hard to find but it is a rush it should be quick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How are those Schumachers compared to the Jato?
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a 21 xtr single speed the jato will suck it up, but the three speed is rated at 70 mph we will see pretty soon i will keep you posted ,they have 1 thing in common they both like to ride on the wheelie bar, i will say the one i have is tuff its been though hell and back still runs real good and holds a tune, but ilove my jato, just hard to get parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow can you imagine a 3 speed on a Jato? Hey take some pics and post it in the Showoff Your ST thread.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i will post some pictures ,it probaly would run 80 or more with your set up the have, i wonder how hard it would be to use the tt trans in a jato,i have a extra tt trans you have gave me a thought.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol do it! Anything can be done in this hobby. Do it! Just trying to give some motivation.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey ya guys...I just picked up a new Jato 3.3, I was wonderign you guys had any good first time Jato owner tips. I have already broken in the engien and all that jazz, added a fail safe (would've threw in the other reciever for my spektrum radion I have, but I was tooo lazy for that), tossed the wheelie bar and battery box, and stuck a Rx pack in mid mount location. I plan on running it on road, and aside from picking up some foam tires, what is good for on road as far as springs and shock oil and diff fluid goes?

Thanks!
    Losi Ten T...E Revo BL w/MMM+CC2200kv...Losi LST2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kamicowzi

Hey ya guys...I just picked up a new Jato 3.3, I was wonderign you guys had any good first time Jato owner tips. I have already broken in the engien and all that jazz, added a fail safe (would've threw in the other reciever for my spektrum radion I have, but I was tooo lazy for that), tossed the wheelie bar and battery box, and stuck a Rx pack in mid mount location. I plan on running it on road, and aside from picking up some foam tires, what is good for on road as far as springs and shock oil and diff fluid goes?

Thanks!
    The stock springs and shock bodies are fine. I run my Jato low when its on road so I use 50wt oil up front and 70wt oil in the back. Makes for a nice stiff well handling ride. For the diff I also use the same 70wt shock oil and the Jato hooks real nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All I have is 50wt shock oil and I refilled all four with it last night.....I am also going to refill the diff with actually diff fluid....is it really hard to get to the diff?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is a bit of a pain but not that hard at all. Look a little further back in this thread. Should be this page or the previous page that I explain how to get to the diff. Good Luck,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks man.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, got a problem, well actually two.

1) I bought a new ez start moror and ez harness to replace my old ones (damaged) fitted it, seems to work... well it spins the motor anyway but does not work on the glow plug which is also brand new, got 4 plugs of which none work with the EZstart but do with the glow starter.

2) I primed my engine too long, so I followed the procedure as normal but no fuel came out of the engine, put the glow plug back, tried again but it still seems to be flooded.

Just to give you an idea of the condition of my jato, its a year and a half old and has been driven no more than 5 times from new, Stupid me crashed it in final part of break in, replaced the rear suspension arm, next time gave it a v.good run apart from the collision with the curb (cracking the bulk head and partially damaged top chassis), Third drive took Very long to get the engine going (its probably not used to being run) once going it was fine till battery for reciever run low, Took home and forgot to do after run procedure, (I know what your thinking, this guy should not have a nitro car) I really do love them despite how it may sound.

Anyway since then I just can't get it going.

Please Please Help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jatoman.

if the easy start is flippin over the motor just get yourself a glow ignitor. d-cell size lasts the longest. your starter wand will last longer too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jatoman
    I would check needle seetings go back to factory
    Check tank for crack/leak (check O ring on lid)
    make sure carb has no leakin around neck where it mounts to crankcase
    check to see if any leakin around easy start
    Check carb needdle and make sure no dirt allowing too much fuel in
    Plugs need replaced after breakin

Hope this helps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jatoman- Also check that the ground wire is still attached to the motor mount and tight. And make sure your ez start battery is charged.
    you think your stuff is fast, till you run me and i dog your a**.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quitenas1 what glue do you use, i was running real good when i had a tire come loose ,i have glued them using ca glue does not stick good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yo, r u supposed to break in the motor or run it easy for a few tanks after you change cooling heads? i have no clue.[&o]
    Next Best Thing to a real car! )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if the motor is broke in before you changed heads it should be fine .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

quitenas1 what glue do you use, i was running real good when i had a tire come loose ,i have glued them using ca glue does not stick good.
    Oh man I forgot to answer you the 1st time you asked. Sorry about that. I dont like CA Glue. I have always used Super Glue. It comes in a yellow bottle with a red cap on it. Grips like hell. Just the tires are harder to take off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry Jato lovers here is that video of my storm vs a jato. These were close, but there is another video that I need to edit down that I leaned out the low speed 1/4 turn and just blow him away by 15 feet at the end. There will be more to come soon with a rc 10 gt with a 18 tz in it. [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6dLf-xhFk[/link]
    -SS MODS-
    The road to greatness is paved one mod at a time!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if the motor is broke in before you changed heads it should be fine .
    THANKS!!! i'm going to run the crap out of it when i get home. lol
    Next Best Thing to a real car! )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry first time posting liks it's [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6dLf-xhFk[/link]
    -SS MODS-
    The road to greatness is paved one mod at a time!

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast