Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ya man let me know something, i can pay the shipping or something. Im just not looking to spend 20 plus bucks for a new one if I can get one for a lot cheaper. And i know a lot of guys pretty much toss the stock gear anyways, I plan to do the same after some hop ups.

BTW my steering is so fast to the left but SLOW to the right. I checked the gears in the servo and everything. Seems to be no binding on the steering system. So what gives? Is the steering system run on bushings or bearings? Im think that could be a problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok well here is some pics of the fuel tank in the jato. I hope they work out, i think they are quite big.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67655.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	1215956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa85220.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	1215957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl20152.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	1215958  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks slednut87 for the pictures i need a bigger tank for my jato also can anybody tell me how to post pictures on here

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At the bottom of the screen where you type your message like this post. you should see a link to click that says Click here to upload images and files!, click that and then you can browse files on your computer and click upload, it takes a while for mine to upload them. and then they should be their.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So thought I'd share a few pics with everyone. Just bone stock jato, had to buy quite a bit to get it running but all in all well worth it. Have a new spectrum system coming so can't wait for that to get here so I can run this beast!

Well I was wondering if anyone knows where you can find a cheap Roll cage for this thing at!!! I dislike running bodies, Figure I can throw some scrape lexan on the sides but ya anyone with any ideas lmk!!! thanks well heres the pics!! My soon mods will be RPM arms, OS .18tz (ported by AB Mods, Since he lives right down the road from me!!), Jaco foams and the roll cage....and some good servos!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why is your battery strapped to your front shock brace?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

keeps the shoes on the ground! haha. dont ask how but it does. im not big on the wheelies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man those black rims make a nice differance on the appearance.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its a lovely truck! or car? whatever you wanna call it. I need a good body thou, I dont wanna dish out 80 bucks for a roll cage but I hate spending so much time on a body and making it look GOOD only to get trashed when it rolls over. I should have this thing running again by tuesday at the latest! picked up a new spectrum radio for 110 shipped. love those last min. bids on ebay haha. Think I'm gonna set down tonight and take this whole thing apart and give it a good cleaning....With my diff would it be ok to use HPI Super Black Grease? (belive thats the name of it) It came with my rs4 and I can tell the diff needs to be cleaned up a lot after I removed the rear bumper thing, just hated that look!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the diff takes oil in the back. You can use different weights of diff oil to lock it up like an LSD.I did read in another forum that some one used Mobile 1 synthetic grease to lock up the diff with good results and I have been thinking of trying that but haven't just yet.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WellI havent been on in about a week. Finally got moved into my new apartment so I have been really busy. Im not 2 happy with the new area as far as places 2 drive the jato. Most of the lots around here are a slick kinda surface and I cant get any traction. WhenI get on the gas the back end just slides all over the place. I'll have 2adjust the slipper a bit.I did find one lot about 10-15 min drive with some nice sticky surface but its on a maid road in the city. I was almost at full speed and started 2 break and turned the wheel. I must have hit a bump cuz the thing took a nasty flip or 3 and ended up on its lid right in the middle of the main road. I ran as fast as I could b4 any cars came and I was able 2 get 2 it in time. Didnt mess anything up at least..

I did find out I have a pretty nice hobby shop but its 30 mins away. I'll have 2 stop by when I can 2 get some new engine bearings cuz the air leak is really starting 2 become an issue. It hasnt made tuning any harder but I did notice the bottom end isnt as powerful as it should be. when it gets going and hits the higher RPMs the ABmodded work really screams and come 2 life. With new bearings it'll be insane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HELLO I NEED HELP IV NOT TOUCHED MY JATO FOR A LONG TIME NOW. AND NOW ITS NOT STARTING ITS NOT SUCKING IN FEUL TO THE ENGINE ANY1 HELP ME PLS..
    THNKS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check your fuel lines for leaks if no leaks check glow plug , did you prime it if not put your finger over the muffler hole and spin it over it should prime up

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY LEAKES AND AND MINE IS A EZ STARTER I DONT NO WHAT TO DO HELP PLEASE PAL
    THNKS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

plug easy start in and hold finger over muffler hole till you see fuel going to the carb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what i always do after the engine has been sitting for a while is wd40, take out the glow plug and hand turn your piston to the bottom of the cylinder and spray a couple shots of wd40 in, then slowly crank the piston for 3 or4 strokes, after that turn it upside down and use the ezstart to get the rest out, also before you do that take off the air filter and hold wide open throttle so the slide on the carb is fully open and shoot a couple blast of wd 40 in there allow the slide to close and open a few times working in the wd40 after all that put a clean air filter on put the glow plug back in and you should be in buisiness, hope that helps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

who has the best price on alluminum a arms for the jato? is rpm the only company that makes them?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RPM does not make aluminum. There is a company called GPM that makes some good aluminum and at a good price. Here is the link. http://www.gpmparts.com/shop/index.php. They even make parts in Gold Anodized which looks really cool. Good Luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im looking at buying a Jato 3.3 kit as something to do before collage and i was wondering if any of you knew where to get it from as a kit an roughly how much will it cost. I have had cars for ages but always HPI after bein given an old Traxxas Nitro Hawk (20 years or so old) and it still works after unseasing the engine i herard they were much better made than HPI's. Is this right and is this a good car to buy for someone who wants something new and fast. Iv seen they pop weelies is it easier than the firestorm? Any other info you can give me about this car will be apriciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: davidpope1993

Im looking at buying a Jato 3.3 kit as something to do before collage and i was wondering if any of you knew where to get it from as a kit an roughly how much will it cost. I have had cars for ages but always HPI after bein given an old Traxxas Nitro Hawk (20 years or so old) and it still works after unseasing the engine i herard they were much better made than HPI's. Is this right and is this a good car to buy for someone who wants something new and fast. Iv seen they pop weelies is it easier than the firestorm? Any other info you can give me about this car will be apriciated.
    Well The Jato comes in RTR form not a kit but it is one bad truck. It is very durable and worth the money. I have owned a few different brands and so far this is the best truck I have had.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks, i hoped that it would be good, i have been told it can be brought as a kit....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i know this is nitro i have a rustler xl1 converted to vxl ,bearings and all steel transmission, my frriend has 11.1 lipo gonna see how quick it is

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got the jato running today. I wasn't able to get many runs in thou due to the weather. Ended up blowing out the rear wheels. Plan on picking up some new tires and rims thursday or sometime this weekend when I'm off. Will try to get some vid up this weekend, found a nice little bashing spot near the house were getting ready to move into. Should be pretty sweet with the right set up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive had my jato for about a year now and am going to do some maintenance on the diffs, what oil do you suggest I put in? I have 2000wt in the rear diff of my Ofna Hyper7, is that OK? Or should I go with just grease?

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know it comes stock with 3000wt. I use 5000wt now but I'm actually going to use Mobil 1 grease to lock my diff like an LSD on a real car. I have seen some guys do it with monster trucks with good results and it should work the same with the Jato.

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast