Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:29 PM
txnative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

Need some Help I broke my stock rear control arms and replaced them with the ones that RPM sells. But when I got done installing them my left rear tire is cocked more than my right. I there somrthing I can do to strighten it out. Please help.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:54 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean cocked? Is it your toe angle or the camber. Some pics would help a lot.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
txnative

Here is a picture of my jato with the RPMcontrol arms. I was just wondering if the rear tires are suppose to be like that or is there something I can do to strighten them out thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93824.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1368613  
Old 02-26-2010, 02:23 AM
DukePiles
My Feedback: (21)

thats the way they go it helps keep the truck straight when you give it gas
Old 03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
thats what she said

where did you get the parts and instructions to do that? I have JATO that I'm getting today and I plan to make this my first mod.

thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: thats what she said

where did you get the parts and instructions to do that? I have JATO that I'm getting today and I plan to make this my first mod.

thanks!
Which parts are you talking about?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
spartacuslv

If Ihad the chance to buy a Spektrum DX 2.0 controller would that be a good choice for a jato. I have only 1 car and do not plan on getting another. The guy is asking $75. can I just turn that on and use it or will I need to buy something else?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 AM
quietnas1

If your running the stock remote and receiver then you would need to get a 2.4ghz spectrum receiver as well for the new remote.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 AM
jetsprintbasher976
My Feedback: (-1)

hey traxxas guys take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrb_m9kL7BQ
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM
fastandloud

ORIGINAL: jetsprintbasher976

hey traxxas guys take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrb_m9kL7BQ
Seriously??

And to add to the thread, Just recently broke in my friends 3.3 conversion and was definately impressed with the power. He continually outclimbed my firestorm on the 100yard sand dune climb. Plus he would just laugh as i ripped my pull start and he just hit the button all quick....brAAAAAp!!!! lol good times

Old 04-04-2010, 09:39 PM
frit91

I got a few ?'s, I just put talon tires on my jato 3.3 which makes it flip and tumble alot more and as soon as i put the talons on it, it is burning out glowplugs like crazy. Is this due to all the violent movemebt in the flips and tumbles and if so, which plug should i run so that it lasts more than an hour, seriously, I went thru 4 plugs in 2hours today. The jato is also sluggish on takeoff but comes alive right away (about a sec or so after cracking the gas) and lifts the front skyward. What do I need to adjust to get better throttle response, the lsn, the hsn, or both? Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
quietnas1

LSN for better throttle response. You may be burning plugs bcuz of running to lean. Or also running to rich. If your LSN is set to rich then fuel will puddle in your engine. That may be why when you take off its a bit sluggish then it comes alive toward the top. That will alsokill your glow plug. Go with a medium plug it will last longer also.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
frit91

I got my jato to stop burning plugs, but it is still sluggish takin off and it sticks in second gear. My son has a rustler 2.5 and it almost keeps up with the jato, till the jato hits second. It seems that the 3.3 should just smoke the 2.5 but it is so sluggish takin off that is is a fair race. Can anyone tell me how to set the lsn and hsn to get it back to running right. after it shifts to second, it doesn't always kick back down to first. I ran it today and it was stuck in second for nearly 3 minutes, it just putted along till i got pissed and shut it off. Any help would be appreciated. I tuned my sons rustler and it runs great, cant figure out what is the deal with the jato. thanks
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
devo208

frit91- go to www.traxxas.com and check out there tuning guide or use the video that comes with jato.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:32 PM
jbrobertsonjr

tuning a 3.3 is real touchy, tune in very small adjustments cause it dont take much to get it out of wack, keep trying set hi needle first then the low side needle
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM
frit91

thanks for the advice guys, i got the lsn out about one and half turns, hsn out about three and half turns and she lifts the wheels and flies again, but after about 3 minutes of running it starts to get sluggish again, not as bad as it was though and it sticks in second gear. So I am swapping in the single speed kit since I dont do a lot of full blast high speed topped out runs. any suggestions on whether I should change the spur gear or clutch bell and add or remove teeth for different gearing or should I just wait and see how the stock pieces work with the one speed tranny. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, which way do I go to increase top end, more teeth or less teeth, cause i dont really know and its just easier to ask than to buy parts and not get the desired results. Thanks for the help
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
frit91

Ok, I spent some time last nite and sealed the engine plates for the e z start, the exhaust, and the carb. Then I checked the gas tank and fuel lines for leaks-all was good. Got home today andtook the jato outside for a run. Ran great for 3 minutes and fell on its face again. Then I decided to check the plugs on the side and end of the carb and they were so loose I was surprised they didnt fall out. Well, one did tighten and the other is stripped. I am guessing that these would be the air leak I was told that I had by the guy on the traxxas help line. So I am going to try to seal the stripped plug and see what happens. If this doesnt fix it I will just put it on the shelf and buy a new one, or just save a little money and buy a new carb. I just want to thank the guys that responded to my questions and tried to help me out. Your suggestions are much appreciated and respected. Hopefully my next post will be a lilltle more enthusiastic and I can tell you all about how well it runs and that I love my Jato. Right now its a love/hate relationship. Once again thanks for the advice fellas and happy RCing.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
frit91

forgot to ask, any opinions on changing it to a one speed tranny or should I try to figure out why it stick in second gear often. I dont make alot of flat out runs so I think the single will work out okay, but want to hear your opinions on the matter. thanks
Old 04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
quietnas1

I have never tried the single speed. As far as getting stock in second check the intednal clutch in the tranny and oil it up see if that helps.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 PM
frit91

i did what you suggested and helped a bit. Now I was boohooing about my jato being sluggish. Okay, this was the case after I put bigger talon tires on it. Well I took the talons of today and put some 30 series dirt hawgs from my kids rustler on it and now it has absolutely no hesitation, and no traction lol. I didnt think the size difference in tires would make it sluggish. Was it a gearing problem or what?All I can say is it is ridiculously fast on the road when it hooks up. She flips over when it shifts to 2nd. Any suggestions on tires for traction, I drive mostly in the grass and dirt since we have 5 lots to play in, and I need to get some good tires that are the same size as the hawgs or anacondas that will grab. Anyway , I am back to loving my jato again, thanks for the advice and I want our opinion on tires.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
quietnas1

30 series Proline Badlands. They have worked great for me on grass and some loose dirt.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Jatoracer40

hi,
 i have a question about my jato 3.3. when i drive my car it is fine. but once i come to a complete stop the car does not move when i apply the throttle. The engine revs but the rear wheels are completely locked up. and then i have to go get the car and spin the rear wheels with my hand and they eventually start moving again. Does anybody know what could be wrong with it? thanks.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
RCJuice

Check the brake rotor when the problem is happening, something may be binding in the brakes and locking it up.  If not, it is likely that the gears are starting to go inside the transmission, really common on the Jato.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Jatoracer40

Thanks for the info.. Got the transmission torn apart and every single gear in the transmission was completely shredded. I'm suprised it even moved. The guy i bought the car from must've been really ripping around with that car. Now just have to buy all new gears []
Old 01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Jatoracer40

will post pics of gears later too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.