Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,226 to 1,245 of 1245

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: superflyboy1988

ok i know this has been asked 100 times but im going to ask again im giving the 3.3 the boot and going with the o.s 21 tm and i need to know what all i need to get to make it work like a new pipe and what not i was thank of going with this one but dont know if it is worth it or even if it will work

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUAB2&P=7

i have a mip clutch on it now can i still use it \
    thanks for any info
    Brandon
    The pipe and header should work. Do you plan on keeping the EZ Start? If you do plan on keeping it then I would test fit the header first at my LHS to make sure it will fit. I kept my EZ Start when I did the swap and ended up getting a header from an HPI RS4-2 and it fit perfect.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CaliJato

So I just got the Integy piggyback shocks for my jato however even with 45 wt shock oil and Heavier springs Im having a hard time getting the shocks to lift the rear end, *It still has a droop and bottoms out. *Any suggestions? *Maybe I'm filling the shocks wrong or something.
    I still run the stock shocks and springs on my Jato. The only difference is I run 55wt shock oil in the front and 75wt sick oil in the back. It works perfect. She runs true and straight, soaks up the bumps with no problem, and handles very well. No bottoming out for my Jato. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya that is the one i got to glad to know it will work with the ez start but i hope it will work with the roto starter too

how dose ur gears hold up with the 21 i was thank of getting these
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...SJT1000X;c=180

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I actually want to get the same gear set. I have gone through 3 plastic sets so far but I'm going on a whole year on my last set with no problems yet. I just loosened the slipper clutch a very tiny bit and I don't slam on the gas from a dead start anymore.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol thanks for the heads up will be for sure getting them now and a handful of spur gears

and do u know the stock LSN setting

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man I can't remember the stock setting. I'm going on 3 yrs now the .21TM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya i really like o.s motors and i thank with the 21 and the trenchers i have on it it will be a beast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cali, I had the same problem. The issue with the piggyback shocks are the springs they come with are too light. Also they come with the two hole dampening installed, you need to switch that to the one hole dampening and use the springs from the original shocks. That should clear up the problem.

ORIGINAL: CaliJato

So I just got the Integy piggyback shocks for my jato however even with 45 wt shock oil and Heavier springs Im having a hard time getting the shocks to lift the rear end, It still has a droop and bottoms out. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm filling the shocks wrong or something.
    Traxxas Jato 3.3 Custom(2), HoBao Hyper 7(2), Associated MGT 4.6, Kyosho Javelin. Its better to be feared than loved.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I have uped the shock wt to 45 and did install the single hole dampers. Along with some stiff shocks springs for the Jato. Waiting to put it all together and see what happens.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

finely got my roto start back plate other then having to cut off a little bit of the side piece it went in peaty easy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

finely got my roto start back plate other then having to cut off a little bit of the side piece it went in peaty easy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78934.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	1733897  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

superfly that's a nice fit bro. Let me know how it performs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am looking to get a replacement battery apposed to the stock AA in the rear. I dont want to spend the £25 on the Traxxas 5 cell 6 v battery they offer and am looking at a different brand with more nimh.
    I need to know about the plugs because the one i am looking at on ebay has a futaba connector, i dont know if this is a J connector it could be any type. The traxxas battery has futaba J and the stock traxxas AA pack i have has JST connectors. Will any futaba connector work with the JST connectors or will all connectors fit in the traxxas link reciever? Do all futaba connectors work with JST connectors? And for charging a futaba connector can i just get an adapter or something to plug into the charger i already have for my 7.2 v EZ start battery charger with the standard large size tamiya plug?
    I am a newb to battery connectors as you can tell and any help would be much appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RockerTom

I am looking to get a replacement battery apposed to the stock AA in the rear. I dont want to spend the £25 on the Traxxas 5 cell 6 v battery they offer and am looking at a different brand with more nimh.
    I need to know about the plugs because the one i am looking at on ebay has a futaba connector, i dont know if this is a J connector it could be any type. The traxxas battery has futaba J and the stock traxxas AA pack i have has JST connectors. Will any futaba connector work with the JST connectors or will all connectors fit in the traxxas link reciever? Do all futaba connectors work with JST connectors? And for charging a futaba connector can i just get an adapter or something to plug into the charger i already have for my 7.2 v EZ start battery charger with the standard large size tamiya plug?
    I am a newb to battery connectors as you can tell and any help would be much appreciated.
    I really like MaxAmps battery packs. I use the 1600mah 5 cell packs myself, I have 2 of them. My packs have two connectors on them, one 2-pin (JST I think) and one 3-pin Futaba. If you're using the stock radio, either connector will work. The little 2 pin JST will fit with a little care, into a Futaba connector. I've done it, you just have to be careful to not bend the pins in the receiver.

The MaxAmps pack costs about the same as the traxxas pack, and has a 2 year warranty I think. Most guys put the flat Rx pack in front of the engine in the small compartment there, but I dont know for sure if the big 1600mah pack will fit in that compartment.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is my Jato 3.3 It has 2 gallons through it now since January. Ihave really enjoyed modding it and buying parts for it and just all round bashing. Iam in Maryland if anyone else is in the area. Ihave made some changes and thought Iwould post again because Ilove looking at all the Jato's.

Name:	Db85614.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	1751690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id97221.jpg 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	1751691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di98929.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	1751692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tm30908.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	1751693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xi60717.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1751694  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85614.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	1751695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id97221.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	1751696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di98929.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	1751697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tm30908.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	1751698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xi60717.jpg 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1751699  

Traxxas Jato 3.3 Custom(2), HoBao Hyper 7(2), Associated MGT 4.6, Kyosho Javelin. Its better to be feared than loved.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

part2

Name:	Vt58600.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	1751700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ok28887.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	1751701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl20168.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	1751702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sl27432.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	1751703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ju11845.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	1751704  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Love that roll cage you have on there. Looking real nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what body did you use

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Looks like there isn't a lot of activity on this truck anymore. I am enjoying mine quite a bit and was looking into a big block conversion since I have some pretty nice .21 buggy engines sitting around but newera says they aren't in stock and they seem like the only option. Mine has a lot of life left in it, though, it is maybe just broken in now with half a gallon through it.

Hi,

I am looking to modify my Jato with the Roto start backplate. Can you advise the part you used, and maybe where it was purchased. I have found a few on Ebay that might fit, but not sure...

Thanks,

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950