Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Losi XXXNT-RTR .15 sitting for years

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Losi XXXNT-RTR .15 sitting for years

Old 10-20-2015, 10:04 PM
cdubb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi XXXNT-RTR .15 sitting for years

Hey guys,

Got a old Losi nitro truck I want to get going again after sitting for 7 years. I have some parts on their way, glow plug and air filter are being replaced right out of the gate along with all batteries, Ya know the basics. Motor pulls over kinda hard, would shooting some WD-40 in there and letting it soak be the right thing to do? What kind of attention should the carb get? A little snort of carb and choke clean maybe or just more WD? Also if kept sealed how long is fuel good for? Got damn near a full gallon still. Hoping to get it going for this weekend, any help would be great!

Thanks and regards
Old 10-22-2015, 10:33 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cdubb
Hey guys,

Got a old Losi nitro truck I want to get going again after sitting for 7 years. I have some parts on their way, glow plug and air filter are being replaced right out of the gate along with all batteries, Ya know the basics. Motor pulls over kinda hard, would shooting some WD-40 in there and letting it soak be the right thing to do? What kind of attention should the carb get? A little snort of carb and choke clean maybe or just more WD? Also if kept sealed how long is fuel good for? Got damn near a full gallon still. Hoping to get it going for this weekend, any help would be great!

Thanks and regards
I would run a tube into a bottle of rubbing alcohol and cycle it through the carborator and engine, not starting, just pulling it through... you will need to be sure that you let it thoroughly dry before you would then put a nice injection of afterrun oil to lubricate the interiors again, the alcohol will strip out all the oil and residue from left over fuel/oil. then after using the afterrun oil you can reinstall the lines and try starting it with all needles returned to factory if unsure of the tune.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:23 AM
cdubb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it running last night, popped the head and exhaust off, ran several motors full of alcohol, WD40 and fuel though it, let it sit and dry then used a hair dryer to try and dry it all out. It started on the second pull ran strong. Throttle Servo wasn't working so I couldn't drive it. Played with the tuning a bit, seemed to be running rich, had more smoke than I recall it having and some fluid coming out the exhaust. I'm running a 20% nitro 10% lubricant mix fuel. Don't want to lean it out too much and burn it up but don't want to foul out plugs neither. What's a good tune on these Mach .15 for 50-60 degree weather or at least a good starting point to fine tune from there?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:27 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cdubb
Got it running last night, popped the head and exhaust off, ran several motors full of alcohol, WD40 and fuel though it, let it sit and dry then used a hair dryer to try and dry it all out. It started on the second pull ran strong. Throttle Servo wasn't working so I couldn't drive it. Played with the tuning a bit, seemed to be running rich, had more smoke than I recall it having and some fluid coming out the exhaust. I'm running a 20% nitro 10% lubricant mix fuel. Don't want to lean it out too much and burn it up but don't want to foul out plugs neither. What's a good tune on these Mach .15 for 50-60 degree weather or at least a good starting point to fine tune from there?
some people tune it to smoke trail and sound, some use that and the additional guidance of a temperature gauge, I would recommend using a temp gauge to monitor the temps. Keep it below 250, between 220 and 240 is a good range. smoke trail should be light but visible, Tune top end then bottom end. Bottom should give you good punch, Pinch line while its running, count, if its between 3 and 5 seconds thats good, if its higher lean it out a bit. lower, richen it up a bit.