Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

[URGENT] Jato 3.3 supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:57 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [URGENT] Jato 3.3 supercharger

im shopping at towerhobbies.com and seen the supercharger for the jato from there and it says that you can only use it if your running a pullstart ONLY , Now my TRX3.3 that came on my jato3.3 has the EZY start , so now i want to know if i can convert it to run a pull start so i can maybe run a supercharger . if i can what part number is the pull start unit that will go on my engine , from this site,

OR is it realy worth putting superchargers i just read another post asking the same thing but i dont know if his supercharger is the same as the one in my pic, this one costs $148
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94122.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	940773  
Old 05-01-2008, 06:44 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: [URGENT] Jato 3.3 supercharger

Don't waste your money on a supercharger, they don't do jack for these engines.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
avg_joe

So a search here on superchargers....You will come up with all the answers you need.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
vote4nitro

dont waste your money. save and just buy a .21 tm
Old 05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Toki

Here is the pull start you are looking for.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDGG4&P=7
Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Mspeed

It would look nice on the shelf with a supercharger, but for accutally running it, your wasting your money and time trying to tune it.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:31 AM
splcrazy

lol ha ha then why would these companies waste their time and money inventing these things if they are useless ?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: vote4nitro

can you show me the site and a pic of this engine please
Old 05-02-2008, 05:52 AM
[email protected]

so they can market to morons(not you) who wanna use them and think its gaining power...just go get a motorsaver and a nice buku power pipe then your jato will be better than any jato i have ever seen.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 AM
vote4nitro

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

ORIGINAL: vote4nitro

can you show me the site and a pic of this engine please

[link=http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2082.html]link to os .21 tm engine[/link].......drop in too
Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
avg_joe

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

lol ha ha then why would these companies waste their time and money inventing these things if they are useless ?
MONEY!!!
It doesn't have to actually do what they claim it does...This is advertising and marketing...The truth doesn't have anything to do with it.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Toki

i say get the thing and tell us what you think about it. who knows if it works other people might get one. i have to say everyone says they are junk and not to get one but most of these people have never owned or even seen one in action so they do not really know what it does. i would say get it.

do i think it will work..........no, but like most people i have never owned one or even seen it in action.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
JattoMan3.3

Fair point but I still wouldn't risk it, just buy a .21 tm and a buku power pipe. But if your gonna put this much extra power into a Jato 3.3 (which is already brutally fast) I would definatly invest in the best roll cage I can find, any other hop-ups you can afford then go for it.

If you do let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
BigShrimpah

ORIGINAL: Toki

i say get the thing and tell us what you think about it. who knows if it works other people might get one. i have to say everyone says they are junk and not to get one but most of these people have never owned or even seen one in action so they do not really know what it does. i would say get it.

do i think it will work..........no, but like most people i have never owned one or even seen it in action.

I know someone who bought one for his 3.3 4tec. Silly choice that was, he says it didn't make anymore power and was harder to tune, he ended up taking it off soon after.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
supersound99ss

^superchargers and carbs have always been a major PITA to tune, speaking from 4 stroke motor experience, as far as 2 stroke, it could only be worse
Old 05-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Toki

if i had the extra cash i would get that bucu pipe as well that thing looks sweet. I think the supercharger is a bad idea but i would like someone to buy one on here so we can get first hand feed back on it. i will tell you this it will not be me lol.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Snipin_Willy

You could buy it and give us an inflated exaggeration of how much power you gained out of it

Some times money is better left in a bank or spent on more REASONABLE things (like a better radio and receiver for instance).

Most people on the forums will tell you these "Superchargers" are scams kinda like those magnets you can attach to your real cars fuel line to get better gas mileage. My bet is they're right. But it's your money. If you have that much money that you need to waste some on a supercharger for your RC send some my way, I need some parts for my 1/18th truck.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
FastestJato

why would u need a roll cage for the car if u put the stronger engine ??
Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
nitrofan12

ORIGINAL: FastestJato

why would u need a roll cage for the car if u put the stronger engine ??

stronger engine=MORE POWER

more power=PUTTING IT ON IT'S LID OR MAKING IT DO CRAZY STUFF

doing crazy stuff=POTENTIAL PART BREAKAGE

all together it's just something good to do.i would either go to new era and see what they got or fabricate your own with like 6064t aluminum or something
Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 AM
splcrazy

i want a link to that bujko pipe what ever its called . i wasted money many times on junk lol so me buying and trying this super charger is no problem lol , the biggest waste of money i spent was buying a $500 nitro ducati rc motorbike from 2wheelhobbies.com that was incredibly hard to control and had complete rubbish servos , i blew up the stock motor it came with then replaced it with a bigblock engine got it all working and now i never use it , it just sits in my room collecting dust , as it needs new servos and a spektrum dx3r reciever ..

so i maybe will buy this engine this guy is talking about along with that pipe , and also this supercharger and test everthing out , i hope to get it in a few months though but definatley before the end of this year
Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 AM
[email protected]

[link=http://bukupower.com]bukupower.com[/link]bukupower.com
Old 05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
avg_joe

I have always wanted to waste some money on one of those nitro cycles, but I can never seem to get projects ahead enough to do so.[:@]
Just thinking about what a supercharger does, and then how our nitro engines work....It doesn't work.
This Buku pipe, however, does make sense in theory. I would think that would produce some measurable gains across the chart.
That's just my 1.3 cents worth(Dang low U.S. currency[&:])
Old 05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
splcrazy

wow that BUKU pipe is something i have never seen before , i will definatley be getting TWO of those , one for the jato3.3 and one for my savage x f4.6, and have another crack at my damn rc nitro ducati motorbike lol
Old 05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

I am doing some testing myself with superchargers. Its a gasoline project, I already rebuilt my whole engine and had a heat sink custom machined (Hemi shape) =). This had been both successful and failure at the same time for me because I was able to get the engine to crank over but I cant get it to run long. The immense ammount of heat stops the engine quickley and the fact that my custom tailpipe isnt resisting enough to the air pressure makes it so that most of the air the super charger puts in blows out of the tailpipe. I have made progress though and I hope to one day make only a 3 part kit for engines to port them to gasoline. I have a thread about it somewhere.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Mspeed

The buku pipe has had great reviews from users so far, I have had my eye on one for a while now. I would not be surprised if thats the next level of technology in the nitro rc hobby that helps to boost the power of these things. As AvgJoe said, it makes since and has a good track record so far, well see. I would of loved to run a supercharger on my nitro stuff however, it has a horriable track record so why bother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.