Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RESONATOR!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:45 PM
rustlerduster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RESONATOR!!

I have just ordered a resonator the high end one and i want to know if i made a good choice? let me know fellas thanx
Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 PM
[email protected]

Default RE: RESONATOR!!

yes both resonators are the shiznit........your gonna have to richen it up about 1/8 of a turn though.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 AM
splcrazy

do you mean the 5485 polished ? i have that one and i dont like it , i reakon i had more power with the stock pipe
Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 AM
[email protected]

yeah i like them both but the jato one is my favorite.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:20 AM
spooky1i2002

I put the traxxas 5485 resonator on my jato 3.3 and for some reason I had to lean the mixture like a full turn to get it to run right. It still ran cool like right around 200 degrees. And it did run fast. I have to be real easy on the throttle, and while doing about 50 plus at 3/4 throttle I can hit it to full throttle and pull the front wheels right off the ground. I thought there was something wrong with the engine. So I put another 3.3 in with about 2 gallons through it that was on my t-maxx. I reset the factory settings on the carb and again I had to lean the mixture a full turn to get it to run right. And again the same results on temp and throttle behaviour. Also other results I want to share is that when I first put the pipe on both engines and ran it, it gussled fuel. Like 4 or 5 minutes of running and it was dead empty. As I leaned it the fuel consumption improved. Also at a full turn in it still produces a real nice smoke trail when accelerating. Wondering if anyone else out there had simular results?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
spooky1i2002

Oh yeah couple other things I forgot to mention. I bored out the stinger from 3/16 stock to 7/32. Thought that might let it breath better and I would have to richen the mixture. It didn't matter still running it a full turn lean. Runs even cooler like around 185 degrees. This kinda has me perplexed. I put the dual chamber resonator on my t-maxx to model 5487 and that only required slight adjustments on the carb to make it run right. And it consistantly ran between 200 and 220 degrees. I did the same thing to the stinger on that pipe as well. And if your thinking I damaged the cone inside either pipe that is a negitive. I was very careful when boring both of them out. Besides that I looked in there with a flash light both cones are in perfect order in both pipes. So if anyone has some answers or had the same results let me know.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
spooky1i2002

[sm=50_50.gif] I also checked the piston after running about a dozen tanks through it to check for scoring. Nothing piston still looks shinny and new.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 AM
cooldriver385

ORIGINAL: spooky1i2002

I put the traxxas 5485 resonator on my jato 3.3 and for some reason I had to lean the mixture like a full turn to get it to run right. It still ran cool like right around 200 degrees. And it did run fast. I have to be real easy on the throttle, and while doing about 50 plus at 3/4 throttle I can hit it to full throttle and pull the front wheels right off the ground. I thought there was something wrong with the engine. So I put another 3.3 in with about 2 gallons through it that was on my t-maxx. I reset the factory settings on the carb and again I had to lean the mixture a full turn to get it to run right. And again the same results on temp and throttle behaviour. Also other results I want to share is that when I first put the pipe on both engines and ran it, it gussled fuel. Like 4 or 5 minutes of running and it was dead empty. As I leaned it the fuel consumption improved. Also at a full turn in it still produces a real nice smoke trail when accelerating. Wondering if anyone else out there had simular results?
dude the jato 3.3 is very light with that powerful engine and even any upgrade its gonna pull wheelies very easily. also remember jato is a 2wd truck so all that power is going to the rear wheels