Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

How do you tighten Firestorm servo saver?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

How do you tighten Firestorm servo saver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you tighten Firestorm servo saver?

I thought my stock steering servo was garbage, but I noticed that the servo saver is just way too soft. Gonna take it apart this weekend to check it out. Is it even adjustable, or does it only have one setting?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
NitroNate

Default RE: How do you tighten Firestorm servo saver?

With the stock upper deck you will need to take the front shock tower and the upper deck off.I know,PAIN.But with a carbon fiber upper deck that has the front piece seperate from the back,just take off the front shock tower and the front upper deck piece.
After you did that,remove the steering assembly off the steering posts.Remove the servo saver(carfully.if its all the way loose the spring could fly across the room).Tighten the bolt just enough so it will stay on will you load the threads with thread locker.As soon as you have the locker on,tighten the bolt nearly as tight as you can.You still want the servo saver to be able to save a little.
After that,reassemble everything.You should now have a tight steering radius.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:04 PM
tcv_racing

No wonder I have a very wide turning radius with my storm when I steer during throttle eventough the D/R knob is turned all the way clockwise..
Thanks NitroNate! Ill tighten it tomorrow and see how it goes..
Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM
NitroNate

No prob.
After I did that I could flip my Firestorm when I have the moabs on with the shock collars turned all the way down!!I also have a high torque steering servo(Futaba S3305) and when I have the servo saver tight along with the stock tires,GT2s will shutter.LOL
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks, I was a little upset by the turning radius thinking that the servo was just garbage. I put the high torque servo in it that came with my dx3.0 so it should be better than the stock servo, but not as good as the digital hitec that I have in my savage. That thing is a beast!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:36 AM
moe24

Bump old thread..but i tried tighten the top bolt and while doing so the bottom not was turning as i was turning the top bolt to tightin it..due the the bottom bolt moving, it rounded of the plastic piece that its held in