Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

RPM A Arms, Jato, Sway Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Mekong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM A Arms, Jato, Sway Bar?

Is there any way to put the sway bar on RPM A on a jato?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Mspeed

Default RE: RPM A Arms, Jato, Sway Bar?

Yes, [link=http://www.aggressivetechnologies.com/gallery.php]Here[/link] Aggressive Technologies has a front brace to install the sways on the jato or you can just zip tie them on the arms and carefully drill holes in the rear arms to mount them. I put my stock arms back on if I am going to run it on the street or on very smooth offroad. Most of my offroad driving its too much to even consider using the sways.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Mekong

I wonder why RPM didnt bother to make the arms sway bar capable
Old 06-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Mspeed

Rpm was out with their arms before the jato 3.3 was produced. And the first Jato with the 2.5 never had sway bars. Most people take off the sway bars when they run their jato offroad so I guess Rpm decided it wouldnt make too much difference since they are the top seller on those arms(no real competition in sales). However, if you email and ask Rpm I know they might say it a bit different.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:08 PM
j8to33

There is no difference with the seay bars on or off.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Mekong

ORIGINAL: j8to33

They do help a good amount on road particularly at high speeds
Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 AM
j8to33

ORIGINAL: Mekong

ORIGINAL: j8to33

They do help a good amount on road particularly at high speeds
I know on road speed, not saying my jato is the fastest of them all. I will post some pics of my jato at the end of the message. If you guys want really good true info check out the traxxas fourm. I have read so much stuff on here that is not true. But honestly if you want truth the traxxas fourm is the place to get it, just go there and search swey bars and there might be 1 person out of like 15 people on there all the time will say that they will help (there is more than 15 people on there)

Old 06-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Mekong

what spring and shock oil do you use?

I am using the tan and silver springs with 45 weight oil, I mostly use the car off road.

But its fun to change it up.

On road the car has way too much flex and the sway bar really seems to compensate and keep the spin outs and wheel lift down.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
j8to33

I am using the stock springs with 10 wt oil.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
curtyb

You are so wrong about the sway bars not making a difference, when i first put on my RPM arms all round, to start with i didnt bother with sway bars front or rear.. Big mistake, when on open straights having a little fun with my 3.3 jato, on 3 occaisons now when doing a wheelie at high speed the jato has unded up doing a wheelie on 1 wheel at some point, each time it has flipped sideways, first time broke the bulkhead, another time when it started to wheelie in second and flipped sidewys at least 6 times breaking the bulkhead again after flying about 30 feet. After this i managed to get the sway bar on the rear with minor mods (no drilling). This problem is long gone and it loves to wheelie now. Therefore my advice is. Do not use the 3.3 Jato without the rear swaybar.. sooner or later it will happen if your car is performing right on the tarmac.. sometimes i find the wheelies a serious problem once the car is warm on tarmac. Very fun car
Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the sway bars for me have not made much of a differance. I have RPM all the way around and I have managed a wheeliy or 2 without the car flipping at all. When it dous come up it comes up nice and even. Sometimes both tires come off the ground and its just riding on the whelly bar. But I have never flipped it due to a wheelie. I have the OS .21TM which puts down more power than the 3.3. All I did was lower the car and use the 5 cell battery pack. Justt with that alone about 85% of the wheelies are gone but when the front wheels do come up its totaly controlable. If you ask me the sway make very little differance as long as your set up is rite. I use the stock springs with 10wt oil up front and 30wt in the back so tthe car does not scrape the ground on take off when it squats. For me at least the sway bars are not needed.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Aluminum arms all the way around which do have the connections for the sway bars but the RPM bumper I got doesnt have the holes for the hold downs in the front,  so I ziptied the sway bar to the new bumper, and it worked great.  I wouldn't run this bad boy at high speeds without my sway bars.  I think they make a huge difference. And I totally bumped this thing up a few years.