Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Another would this motor fit my car thread.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Another would this motor fit my car thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 PM
wolfgang123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another would this motor fit my car thread.

Hi i know these threads get annoying but i need to know quick would a xtm 18 engine sg shaft rear exchaust w/PS fit my rc10 gt2.

Specifications:

* Displacement: .18ci (2.74cc)
* Bore: 16.40mm
* Stroke: 14.70mm
* Top RPM: 32,000
* Power: 1.3hp
* Weight: 7.7oz. (non pull-start)
9.5oz. (w/pull-start)

http://www.globalhobby.com/public/xt...s/care1501.asp

Thanks alot
Old 06-18-2008, 10:08 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another would this motor fit my car thread.

I would know if its drop in or not, but where theres a will theres a way!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 AM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

I own a XTM 18 and it looks like it would be pretty close. It's one of those deals unless someone here has done it or you actually get the engine and try you'll never really know!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:24 AM
wolfgang123

ok thanks i think i will go ahead and buy it
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 PM
zach2901

Dont buy the engine!!! My buddy and i both have the gt2 rtr and we both got two different engines for it, he got the xtm .18 (the same engine u want) and i got the lrp .18 both engines are pull start. As soon as he got the motor in i went over to his house to check it out, when he went to start it it wouldnt fire, we spent over 45 mins just trying to start it. After awhile of pulling on the pull start, the rope snapped. By the way he spent 115 dollars on the motor and never drove it! Anyway, after buying another pull start for it he came over to my house to race my truck. Again it wouldnt start, and no it wasnt the glow plug or glo-igniter, or anything like that we are very good at rc building and know what we are doing, not to be rude but sorry this motor is just a piece of junk to my understanding. THe pullstart broke again from trying to start it. eventually he finaly got it started until it wrecked the spur gear and the internal bearings, throwing the rod. He took it back to the lhs and told him what happened but the guy wouldent give him any refund so he junked the motor and bought a new lrp .18 for 120 dollars. The point is even though i never owned this motor ive seen it trying to start and saw it run once, the lrp .18 is a incredible engine for almost the same price as the xtm motor. I have never had a problem with my engine. Hope this stops u from buying that engine. i think u can buy the engine for 120 dollars or maybe its even cheaper now, here is a link..http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/nitro-...start/details/. hope it helps, zach