Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:42 PM
twohammersoffun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

what causes the con rod to break?
Old 03-07-2010, 03:10 PM
f0rmula_2001

There are a lot of issues that could cause a conrod to break. IF you can tell us how it broke, like were it would help.
You could run to lean and melt the bushing, that would look make the conrod look like the bottom exploded. If you were running to rich it would probably strectch the hole and split right up the middle. Also over-priming would cause this. A worn rear bearing would do close to the same thing. Bad from the factory would be rare but it happens.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Superdave9206

Hay....Can anybody tell me if the Slash 4X4 bodies fit on our Slayers?  There is a lot of them for sale on e-bay and they are cheaper then the Slayer ones and I think they are even nicer.

Just fitted a set of Blitz tires on Pro-line bead locks(that I bought for 11.50usd on e-bay) and my truck looks great.  Can't wait to try it out.
  Has anybody tried this combo out?

David
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: Superdave9206

Hay....Can anybody tell me if the Slash 4X4 bodies fit on our Slayers? There is a lot of them for sale on e-bay and they are cheaper then the Slayer ones and I think they are even nicer.

Just fitted a set of Blitz tires on Pro-line bead locks(that I bought for 11.50usd on e-bay) and my truck looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

David

The 4x4 slash bodies should fit the slayer. Alot of guys are putting them on 2wd slashes so I don't see why they wouldn't fit our slayers.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
f0rmula_2001

ORIGINAL: Superdave9206

Hay....Can anybody tell me if the Slash 4X4 bodies fit on our Slayers? There is a lot of them for sale on e-bay and they are cheaper then the Slayer ones and I think they are even nicer.

Just fitted a set of Blitz tires on Pro-line bead locks(that I bought for 11.50usd on e-bay) and my truck looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

David

Yes They do fit but i would get one that isnt from a parted out truck as they will already have the holes for the slash mounts. The part number for the unpainted, untrimmed body 6811. There are 2 on there at the moment for around $28. They have the the little dimples for where the body post holes should be, also the ez-start hole if you use it.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:26 PM
f0rmula_2001

Lately I have been working on a forward mounted throttle servo, I've seen a couple on revos and I think it looks like it works better for the rear brake and throttle to the TZ. I made the mounts out of wax first then made molds so i could cast them in CF. The first set turned out decent but i am working on a little different design. My truck s still a little dirty from the weekend, we set up a track in my friends yard and and had some pretty wild short course racing. We had 4 Slayers, 5 Slash 4x4s and 4, slashes. It was pretty good, the only parts we broke were a shock cap on a slash and slipper clutch pads on a Slayer. Not to bad for a whole day of racing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65830.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1399044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57234.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1399045  
Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
CarGuy7a

Anyone ever play with painting white letters on their tires? I did (was bored plus I wanted a different look). I used just a regular paint pen but I had to use a small paint brush because the pen's tip was way too large and just made a mess. I need to get some pics of them on the trucks before I run them and get them all dirty.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
davecal1

Where can I buy the FLM CVDs? Ihaven't found any online yet.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: davecal1

Where can I buy the FLM CVDs? I haven't found any online yet.

Thanks,

Dave
http://www.rc-monster.com/fastlane.php

Scroll all the way down and it's 4th up from the bottom.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 AM
davecal1

Thanks, pricey!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 AM
davecal1

Have you noticed that all the online (and my LHS) are out of stock of Slayers, with nothing due in till mid May. Wonder what's going on? Maybe just the weather warming up, anyone have any ideas?

Dave
Old 04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
slayer76

When is traxxas gonna make a nitro bandit???
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: davecal1

Have you noticed that all the online (and my LHS) are out of stock of Slayers, with nothing due in till mid May. Wonder what's going on? Maybe just the weather warming up, anyone have any ideas?

Dave
IMO it can mean one of 2 things.

1) They may be planning on updating the slayers to come with 2.4ghz TQ radios to phase out their old AM TQ radios.
2) Worst case scenario being planning on discontinuing the Slayer. Which I hope is not the case.

ORIGINAL: slayer76
When is traxxas gonna make a nitro bandit???
Probably never. There's really no need for them to make one the Bandit isn't really a high demand RC as most people either go for the nitro pede or rustler.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:07 PM
mercerbeef

Has anyone tried any of the vantage racing parts like the drive shafts or chassis?

http://www.vantageracing.com/site/v2...ges/RE0301.jpg
Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
ktoomracer_436

I just ordered a slayer from strongsville hobby and they had it for a decent price. And there are a few people sellin them on eBay
Old 04-11-2010, 03:11 PM
ktoomracer_436

Slayer should be here tuesday( won't be able to use it till Friday working outta town). I have the sway bar kit for it though, is it pretty simple to install? Take much time? Also any tips on set up from the sway bar to anything else on the truck out of the box? This is my first nitro rc, first rc other than toys.. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 PM
ktoomracer_436

Slayer should be here tuesday( won't be able to use it till Friday working outta town). I have the sway bar kit for it though, is it pretty simple to install? Take much time? Also any tips on set up from the sway bar to anything else on the truck out of the box? This is my first nitro rc, first rc other than toys.. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
ktoomracer_436

Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 AM
davecal1

Did you get yet and if so do you like it?

Dave
Old 04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
ktoomracer_436

No shipping is taking forever it's killing me!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
ktoomracer_436

Guess it came today, can't wait till I get home Friday! Haha
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 AM
davecal1

Great, mine showed up last week but between the family, yard, travel I haven't had chance to do anything with it. I'll be waiting to hear you're thoughts about it.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 PM
ktoomracer_436

Well I have drivin a couple before and know I'll be putting that sway bar kit on right away! Hope it's a simple quick install?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: ktoomracer_436

Well I have drivin a couple before and know I'll be putting that sway bar kit on right away! Hope it's a simple quick install?
The fronts go on the quickest maybe about 15 mintues or so. The rears take a little longer since you have to remove the rear suspension rockers and drill them, you also have to remove the rear bumper. Your sway bar kit should come with the drill jig and bit for drilling the hole for the screw to attach the turnbuckle to the rocker.

I finally got around to try and get my Slayer running for the first time this year but it kept flooding. I guess it's that stupid red headed step child hybrid carburetor I have on it It's an OFNA Force.26 carb with a Force .28 slide. Ran like crap and spit tons of raw fuel out. Looks like it's back to the drawing board on this one.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
ktoomracer_436

Atleast it's not way too lean! And awesome I'll have to tackle the sway bars Friday night. Is it easy to change set up positions on them once installed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.