Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

jato conversion to sidewinder brushless

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato conversion to sidewinder brushless

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:29 PM
zsar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato conversion to sidewinder brushless

hi.could any one tell me what parts(engine mount,pinion,etc) i need to convert my jato to sidewinder brushless.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
scottywilkes

Default RE: jato conversion to sidewinder brushless

most of the stuff uwill need to custom make like the motor plate etc, pinions can be picked up from ya LHS etc. I found that the smaller mamba motors wernt enough for the jato, they tend to get very hot, so my mate put in a NEU 1/8th motor with a MGM 1/8th ESC and 8000Mah 3s lipos, that thing was an animal, the stock plastic gears disintegrated the first pull of the throttle lol, so we got some of the bronze gears of ebay from the fella who used to make them (no longer makes them)That was a awesome setup.

But he had to make a custom motor mount, cut away alot of the centre tray, stiffen the chassis from the loss of the rigiity of the upper tray and make a custom battery tray. U will need u need 32P pinions to match the jato spurs
Old 09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: jato conversion to sidewinder brushless

Sounds like a whole lot of work when you could go out and just buy a perfectly good electric vehicle.