Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official RC10GT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 PM
crispyspa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RC10GT Thread

OK, I got some pics. I'm 99% sure that I used T-Maxx parts.

Since the RC Universe uploader seems to be stupid today, Here's the images at Photobucket.

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...spa/RC10%20GT/
Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 PM
craig548

looks like a 2.5 traxxas clutch bell to me looks good
Old 02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
sirsnipealot

Hey guys,
I have a question. I am trying to figure out which wheels will fit my RC10GT and having a helluva time figuring it out. I want to run the same tire and wheel all the way around and can only find a few wheels that actually specify that they fit. I know all the AE dish wheels will fit but want something a little sharper. I like the HPI Mesh wheels but don't know if they will fit without mods. Does the HPI adapter kit convert the wheels for the front so they can use the internal bearings like the stock wheels? Really I would consider any 2.2 wheels other than the plain AE's. I am looking for something in black.
If someone can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Links would be great if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Midwest_Mudder

wheels from a sc10 will fit the rc10gt without mods
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Donahue Racing

how many different blue chassis rc10GT's were there?
i picked up a used rc10gt blue pan last nite, and i noticed it was different from all of my other ones.
the front of the chassis is longer , few holes are drilled in different spots.
every thing else on it was Rc10gt, its not the duratrax that looks like the GT.

ill get some pics of it later. the frame is bent realy bad, and i ended up junking it out to build 2 other rc10GT's. some one mounted the body on a bent frame,so when i put the body on another Gt , the body post holes didnt line up, they was off by half an inch almost.

probably gonna toss the frame, but if its a rare one or someting i wont toss it.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Donahue Racing

ORIGINAL: ginnz

well guys,

heres a bit of an update on my RC10GT..... up a couple of posts is the car when i got it..... sonce then, ive put about 5 tanks through it, and i must say its a complete BLAST!!!!! being a heli guy for years, i find its a really relaxing kinda fun, compared to flying heli's, i can just let er all hang out, and the repercussions of making an error aint NOTHING compared to flying my Trex 600E, or Phazor 600, or the Scale birds..... thats for sure!

anyways, i put some bling on it today, and its almost done.... and last weekend i picked up another buggy, this kod in town sold me a Onfa LX Comp for 100.00!!! its got everything with it, RTR..... but i replaced the factory radio with a Acoms Technisport 2.4G, and the steering servo with a JR NES4721, and the throttle servo with a JR Z590N. the steering servo (NES4721) has a whopping 119.6 OZ/in torque. it works FAR better then the crap stock servo...... ill be ordering up some aluminum parts for it next week ( upper/lower A-Arms, and some other bits ;-))

all i need for the RC 10 GT is new wheels and tires, but last week, i won another complete car with 2 motors, and a big box of parts, and about 10 sets of tires/rims on flra-bay for 78.00, so ill see what i all get in that bin of stuff before i go and order wheels..... ill prolly rebuild that one so me and my son can race two of the same cars against each other!

well, here are some pics of it, almost done.

hope you like!

okay this is the type of chassis i got . guess its not rare or anything, its different from the rest of mine! (dang the pics didnt show up when i quoted it ??)
Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 PM
SLAYERDUDE

As far as I know, there's the black tub, then the RTR short blue chassis, then the longer FT blue chassis.
I own all 3 and none are really "rare".
Things to look for are white parts from the black Tub GT's.
I bought mine in the first year or so, but didn't get any rare white parts.
Was my first nitro, and that OS .12 still ripps wheelies today.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Wllmplaysdrms

Hello all,
    So i have recently got into the rc cars with my father in law which he used to run a good bit of years ago. We need to rebuild a few transmissions and we have noticed that they have seemed to switch over to diff fluid? instead of diff lube.  We are unfamiliar with this and was wanting some help. Does it fully replace the lube or is it a mixture to something. Also i noticed there are different types, 1000cSt up to 10000cSt. How do I know which is better for my/my car? What are the effects of lower or higher numbers? and last but not lease, Which number would you say is equal to the old stock/standard diff lube.

Thanks, William

Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Donahue Racing

ORIGINAL: Jasonaudio317

They dont make ine for the RC10GT but there is a way to modify one to fit, look at these pics

ive seen this done before.. its the HPI2 spd trans kit for the stealth transmission.. ( HPItrans for associated on road use only)
not sure where the clutch set up comes from, but ive seen that 2 speed kit insalled on the gt trans.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 AM
AndyOregon

Ok Well i now own my first RC10GT and actually its my first what i would call actuall nitro rc car. Since in the past ive only owned Redcat and Exceed. Trust me i allready see the diffrence. lol

Well from what i can see its running the Team Associated .15 Engine. Not sure if thats correct or not. but the engine is cracked and i was wondering if a Nitro Star T-15 Engine from Traxxas will fit. Or if any of you know of a good cheap engine to drop in it. i dont want to spend hundreds so my limit would be $150 on this engine.Im not looking at racing since there is no nitro tracks within a 100 miles of me and all i need this thing to do is jump and and zoom.

So if anyone could help. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
wrighty8766

not sure if the traxxas engine will fit, i can recommend the o.s cv-rx .18, only ran around half a gallon through mine and i am very pleased with it. easy to tune, drops right in the rc10gt with no mods, has tons of power and is a little faster than the AE .15! i was disapointed to start with as it seemed sluggish, but still hasnt truly run in till around a gallon of fuel apparently!

you can get one for under $150 (probably on tower hobbies for about $120-$130) all you need to get is a clutch nut, associated part #7603!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:16 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Andrew.Evey

Ok Well i now own my first RC10GT and actually its my first what i would call actuall nitro rc car. Since in the past ive only owned Redcat and Exceed. Trust me i allready see the diffrence. lol

Well from what i can see its running the Team Associated .15 Engine. Not sure if thats correct or not. but the engine is cracked and i was wondering if a Nitro Star T-15 Engine from Traxxas will fit. Or if any of you know of a good cheap engine to drop in it. i dont want to spend hundreds so my limit would be $150 on this engine. Im not looking at racing since there is no nitro tracks within a 100 miles of me and all i need this thing to do is jump and and zoom.

So if anyone could help. Thanks!
You will run into some difficulties trying to mount it. The t15 engine has an integrated motor mount, which may get in the way of the pull-start Associated motor mount. The t15 engine is made by shuwa, and you can find the exact same thing (without integrated mounts) but as an .18 for a lot cheaper. The GT's stock clutch setup is designed for a short shaft motor, not SG, so take that into consideration when buying the engine. Associated uses two motor mounts for the GT, one for pull start engines, and one for non-pullstart engines. The pullstart mount wraps around under the engine, the non-pullstart mount is kind of U-shaped and wraps around behind it.

Here is the engine I was talking about http://cgi.ebay.com/Toki-18-Theaded-...item2eb6014596 , it even uses the same style head. This will drop straight into your GT without issue. If you were wanting to spend a little more cash, you could go with the OS 15CV-X, which is like $120.

Oh yeah, the t15 engine is HPI, not Traxxas.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Nitrojunkie666

toki engines are crap, Good Budget engines are SH/LRP or OS.15 or cvr.18
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Weylyn

I personally run a OS .18, far batter engine then what you are looking at, easy to tune, and has a great lifespan. If its to much power, a OS .15 or even a OS .12 will do great. Keep in mind if you run a OS .15 or .18, I recomend getting a meta gear set. the Nylon that comes from the factory will get torn up pretty quickly. Have a blast
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Nitrojunkie666

toki engines are crap, Good Budget engines are SH/LRP or OS.15 or cvr.18
"toki" branded engines are made by Shuwa, which make engines for Tamiya, Kyosho, HPI, and MANY MANY other brands. The engine I posted is no different (aside from displacement and mounts) then the HPI motor he was planning on buying.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Ttowntoolman

Guys, I race my GT's and I recoment the OS 12XZ box stock. So much power it's almost unbelievable and legal for most types of racing. I have a few 18cvr's and they are also great engines but this XZ is the shizz.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Donahue Racing

i have a Team Associated PRO 21R.... Iwanna put in my Rc10GT ... i know ill need a motor mount and different clutch set up....

does any one have part numbers or links to the parts id need ??

Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: Donahue Racing

i have a Team Associated PRO 21R.... I wanna put in my Rc10GT ... i know ill need a motor mount and different clutch set up....

does any one have part numbers or links to the parts id need ??

I have done a few different big block conversion to some of my RC10GTs in the past. I did one with an LRP .28, another with a Ofna hyper .21 and the one i currently have has a mach 427 in it. I have used HPI Savage Losi LST and Ofna Hyper 7 mounts and they have all worked. The thing is that you will need to drill mounting holes in the chassis anyway so most big block mounts are going to work. I like the savage mount the best since it it a one piece mount and it is easier to use it to drill the new mounting holes in the chassis.

For a clutch I used a savage fly wheel if I remember right along with a savage 3 shoe clutch and HPI firestorm clutch bells. I also ended up fabing up a spur gear from a duratrax raze which I think was a 46 or 47 tooth gear and alsoa gear from a hpi racer 2 or something like that that was a 44t gear. then any 1/8 scale clutch bell would work along with them. but if you are going to just use the factory rc10gt spur the HPI firestorm cluch bell work great.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM
DS

What gearing would I need for a brushless conversion with 64t spur? Any ideas for pinion? Running a reedy radon brushed motor on 2s lipo. P.S how do the stock arms hold up?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 AM
fastharryDOTcom

thought you guys would like to see pics of my very vintage GT...Holeshot chassis, MIP stinger and a ton of options...

built in 96...like new shape...

Lots of pics and description here...

fastharry.com/2011/09/15/fastharry%E2%84%A2-team-associated-rc10-gt-with-holeshot-racing-chassis-and-mip-stinger/

Enjoy!....Comments welcome, of course...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14323.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1664317  
Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Scinet7

Anyone advise on clutchbell for an RC10GT I am building, it's a 66T spur gear with a Sirio S12 TUP engine, I'm thinking of 15T but would it pull higher? I suspect the engine will have a very high rev ceiling but maybe not the punch of say an .18
Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Scinet7

This is the truck :

Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Nice looking GT you have there!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Scinet7

Thanks, enjoying putting it together. Couple more, I think this is an MGT/MTA-4 tuned pipe, can't remember, used it because it had an 8mm stinger & mirror polished it. Think it looks better than the stock blue FT pipe

Old 04-15-2012, 01:43 PM
wrighty8766

sweet gt mate, i wish mine was still lookin sooo shiny and new!

i run an O.S cv-rx .18 with 18/62 gearing and it still pops wheelies all day long, cant really give much advise on a .12 though sorry! only thing i can say is get a MIP 4n1 clutch, makes so much difference!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.