Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3 with new body

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 PM
JatoGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3 with new body

Just finished painting my second ever body. Came out pretty good, and would like to persuade anyone who may be hesitant to try it out. Doesnt need to be difficult to appear fancy and look good. I used a XXX main internal graphics and can paint.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52914.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1043816  
Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
JatoGuy

Default RE: Jato 3.3 with new body

Some more. Its A proline crowd pleaser 2.0 in case anyone is wondering

Name:	Sp45330.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1043817  
Old 09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
JatoGuy

Moabs and dish wheels. Some rpm arms and the rest is pretty much stock.

Name:	Ig12594.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1043818  
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
vote4nitro

wow really nice job....and the jato is awsome period....how do the moabs work for u?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
JatoGuy

Thanks for the comment. I stole the Moab idea from "the ultimate offroad jato" and have been pretty pleased with them. They hook up on any offroad surface and work pretty good on-road also, just need to lower it some to help the Center of Gravity. In short grass and packed dirt its hard to keep the front end down and throws a pretty nasty roost. Also they have about a gallon on them and havent worn a bit.

ORIGINAL: vote4nitro

wow really nice job....and the jato is awsome period....how do the moabs work for u?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:28 AM
TMaxxDriver

Hey I have a question about a Jato. I didn't wanna post on the Traxxas MT page...

I know a guy, that wants to trade me a Jato 3.3 (only been broken in), with the radio, battery/charger, little bit of fuel, brand new set of tires (off road), maybe a few other things, for a 2007 Dave MirraCo BMX bike that I have. I am 25 years old, bought the bike intending to ride, but wife and I had a baby, so the bike has been in the garage, maybe rode it 5 times in the driveway, never seen dirt/water/skate park nothing! It's in MINT condition, I paid $349+tax, +$25 for new pedals. MY QUESTION is, what is the value of a Jato, I am really into Nitro RC, MT mostly (Tmaxx/Revo), but wouldn't mind adding a ON-Road RC to my collection. Would this trade be fair, for both of us. It's pretty much a no brainer to me, its just a matter of exchanging the items. Just wanted to get a 'kick in the rear' opinion from someone/some people that own the Jato...?! Any help would be appreciated. Thank for listening to my rambling!! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With what you describe on Tower goes for over $400. I just traded my Belt Cp Helo for a used Jato 3.3 on here and I love this thing. It's a rocket![>:]

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNCA7**&P=ML
Old 10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
JatoGuy

Having recently (well like three years ago) gotten rid of my last BMX bike (Kastan alum with elf blast bars and so much other good stuff). I would personally trade the bike for the truck. I still ride but have moved on to mountain biking. With that being said I would also be hesitant about a used nitro, and even more cautious about a used Jato. These things are so much fun to drive that no one wants to get rid of it, unlesssss they start having problems - breakage, tuning, etc. If you dont have time to ride will you have time for the nitros? I think my rc's take up a lot more time then my bike ever has. Good Luck !
Old 10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
TMaxxDriver

thanks for the advice! I went ahead and GOT IT!!! this this is BRAND NEW! been broken in, but NO scratches or anything on it!! its AWESOME! and i got all the accessories with it... fuel, fuel bottle, 2000 mAh battery/charger, EZ starter, 2 TRX off road tires... Honestly, I think we both got a deal... He was looking for a good BMX bike, and I was looking for another Traxxas nitro...

to answer the question, I have time for RC, but just never wanted to ride, never wanted to go to the skate park or anything... so yes, i DO have time for RC...

Well I'm off to check it out! its dark outside, but I dont care! I will let ya know how it runs!! (I have a backup 3.3 if needed )
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
MPevine11

1- amazing painting work
2-love the moab tires i have em on my T-maxx and will probly get em for my rustler now also i didnt know they made them that size.
3-do they make white or yellow dish wheels for nitro rustler? i beel looking forver cant find them at my lhs
4-a gallon on them and havent worn!! i run throught my masher tires like nothing i deffently have to get these now
5-highly recomend ace outlaw pipe, great accerlration out of it and tope end speed, makes the truck wayyy loud tho, just hopefully no cranky nebhors

( Tmaxxdriver....good luck i swear everytime i drive @ night i break someting..... good luck you to you )

I love your jato
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDgjFMC063Y]heres my rustler[/link]
Old 10-02-2008, 09:28 PM
JatoGuy

Tmaxx - Good luck with it !. Careful driving at night ! Things happen really fast with the jato !

MP- Thanks for the comments. As for the dishes I know that they make white (undyed) and yellow can be done by dying. I recommend trying it. Pretty simple and I just followed this video [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9FtYNom1-c]Dye part one of two[/link] - I cant remember if he says it but its "rit" dye - can get it the grocery store. Be careful as it will stain most everything it gets on (use an old pot).

Dish wheels - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ86&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ87&P=7

Not a 100% sure if they fit the Rustler but I would think its no problem. You do need a spacer in the front for the Jato so let me know if you need any advise or anything.

Yea about a gallon of mixed driving on mostly grass and dirt fair and a amount of street.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
MPevine11

amazing i am going to see what i can do for rims i am goin to get the moab tires for my rustler today
Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 PM
TMaxxDriver

Yeah, I took it easy on the Jato in the dark. WoW this thing hauls!!! Not what I expected, but dang its fast!! Looks like I am going to be part of THIS forum, as well as the Traxxas MT Forum... Be easy on me guys, I'm a 'noob' to the Jato..

So brings my first question, how can I adjust the brake?? It's an almost NEW Jato, but it doesnt wanna slow down fast enough.. How can I adjust it so that it will slow down, but not drag?? Any help would be appreciated. Go easy on me! Thanks guys!! [8D]

Will post pics of the new member to my collection soon!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:56 PM
FastestJato

Got questions on your jato ?? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7367292/tm.htm

I think you will find your answer about your brakes there
Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
TMaxxDriver

yeah thanks. unfortunately i couldnt find it on there. I found the OTHER 'official Jato' thread, but dont feel like reading through 105+ pages, its 2:30am as it is... I will just ask on the other thread, thank you though!!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
JatoGuy

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

Yeah, I took it easy on the Jato in the dark. WoW this thing hauls!!! Not what I expected, but dang its fast!! Looks like I am going to be part of THIS forum, as well as the Traxxas MT Forum... Be easy on me guys, I'm a 'noob' to the Jato..

So brings my first question, how can I adjust the brake?? It's an almost NEW Jato, but it doesnt wanna slow down fast enough.. How can I adjust it so that it will slow down, but not drag?? Any help would be appreciated. Go easy on me! Thanks guys!! [8D]

Will post pics of the new member to my collection soon!

The easiest way is to do the "brake mod trick" by changing the spring that is on the brake servo line - (for lack of better term right now.) Get rid of the spring and replace it with something solid. Piece of antennae tube should do the trick or something similar. Keep in mind im not talking about the throttle return spring ! your going to want that.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 PM
TMaxxDriver

So you actually have to MOD something? thats cool with me... So this is a common thing with the Jato, not wanting to slow down?? I have tried everything, other than tearing it apart to get it to slow down better... I will have to check it out a little more tomorrow...

I need as much stopping power as I can get, as on my street, there is not alot of open area, there are parked cars, curbs, telephone poles, etc... I actually smashed into a parked van today!! (NO damage, luckily!!) but I was going really fast, and it would just NOT slow down!!

I will figure something out, and post my results, and let you guys know how it goes... Thanks for the advice JatoGuy
Old 10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
FastestJato

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ight=brake+mod Here is the mod

sorry no pics.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Toki

just get a servo with more torque and you will be fine. most rtr cars have problems slowing down its just because they have bad servos. get a servo with more oz and your slowing down problem will be gone.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
TMaxxDriver

thanks for the help guys... I tried the MOD thing, and it works pretty well... I'm thinking I will just upgrade the servo. Any good ones in particular (for the Jato) that will work good...? preferably around $80, or less...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 PM
FastestJato

Ohhh i remebered on there is a mod for a dual brake discs ... I read it it the rcuinverse like this winter...
ill try to bring it up .. ill make a new thread maby the person will answer
Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Mspeed

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

thanks for the help guys... I tried the MOD thing, and it works pretty well... I'm thinking I will just upgrade the servo. Any good ones in particular (for the Jato) that will work good...? preferably around $80, or less...
TMaxxDriver,

Although a new servo might help, I have been successful with both my jato's doing the brake mod as has been described as well as changing out the arm on the linkage to alum. If you decide your going to keep your stock servo, you might want to change out your throttle return spring to a "weaker tension" The stock return spring puts alot of load on the stock servo case and tends to break it over time. Just make sure you use a electronic fail safe after installing a new spring. I think the traxxas cases are prone to breaking over time. I have had the traxxas steering servo cases break over time as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 AM
TMaxxDriver

Thanks for the advice Mspeed... I spent about 2 hours driving and testing and adjusting the brake mod, and I think I finally got it setup to where it will work well... It doesnt seem to put alot of tension on the servo either. I know in the future I will probably have to upgrade to a higher torque servo though.

Thanks again Mspeed.