Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

about to take the plunge....(MT2 or Jato3.3)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

about to take the plunge....(MT2 or Jato3.3)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
JatoGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: about to take the plunge....(MT2 or Jato3.3)

ORIGINAL: ASYSTEMERROR

ORIGINAL: vote4nitro

wow thats one slow car...no offense...but a stock jato would own that...jato 3.3 all the way

the only thing a jato and a MT2 have in common is they both use nitro and they both have 4 wheels ! in respect to most MT2 owners they like to use their truck off-road but say me, i have built a certified JATO KILLER !! i know this cause all my buds with jato's will not even come around anymore or answer their phone's not cause i rub it in their face but they came looking to beat me with their 75 mph traxxas beast. it takes a jato forever to make whatever speed it does so i'm not impressed by it's top speed BUT i've killed them with eb modded motors and one diablo powered didn't matter i've killed everone i faced cause i made my MT2 for the street and to combat any rc i come against and i've killed one other MT2 also. with saying this there not even trucks because 1. 2WD vs. 4WD 2. even with the same motor the 4WD drive slows the car down from the start. and it would take a bigger motor to over come the 4WD drag.
I don't think it was about the speed but more of "Will i want this thing tomorrow after the warm fussy feeling leave" i really like the jato myself but it needs just as many upgrades as the MT2 for me to proudly own one ! Just my 99 cent on the matter !
OH yeah check my feedback i also owned a .21 Menace these trucks were suppose to be 80+ out the box with a 3speed i murdered the euro trash with my MT2 so What's left runing nitro ? inferno gt sold both cause i killed them 2 ! i think a MT2 is the most flexiable rc known to man ! it can be whatever you want !

Hardest post ever to follow... Talk a lot of trash for a guy that runs a lot of aluminum bling.

As for the MT2 vs. Jato debate- I have beat my jato pretty bad. Stripped a spur gear after a gallon and a half, so I think the drivetrain is ok. MT2 will be easier to drive ( not sure about the durability), but I can tell you that if you want to rip across a bumpy dirt lot riding wheelies in 2nd gear, you would love a jato. Its an overpowered car and it does that very good. I can drive my Revo with my eyes closed after I run the Jato. Not for the faint
Old 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: MPevine11

jato for sure, traxxas is just that much better then anythign else.
I disagree, Traxxas is good but not the best...i dont thnk any RC company is the "best"

HPI is grate for there "bashable" trucks ie: the savage voted #1 baster. Traxxas for raceing trucks and boats, Timaya for there onroad/cheep cars, Losi for there micro car/trucks.
there its no one company that stands out above the rest, it all depend on what you plan to do bash/race/ indoor/outdoor onroda/offroad.

Well thats just IMO.

Slim.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

ORIGINAL: Deadareus

ORIGINAL: silverD

Deadareus.....No kicking here. I woke up at 2:15 and won it[8D]
well, it's a good job i wasn't on the ball....otherwise i might have cost you another 30-40$ i don't think i would have gone over $200.

congrats though...a nice score! did you get it yet? how does it run? what's the condition? let me know how you make out with it please.

Nice truck and you saved a bundle !
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

i only ran the bling because the LRP was folding the stock plastic joints giving me poor take-offs on the stock geolanders and the 30 bowtie's they offer way too much grip and shock towers are always cool. i like traxxas cause there nice out the box. i wanted a picco .28 jato but the gearbox was not going to hold.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Mspeed

Will the MT2 drivetrain hold a picco .28?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 AM
scrambles12

hey Deadareus how much are u willing to spend
Old 10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Deadareus

ideally $300 - $350. but with all the extras it'll be upwards of about $400 i suppose.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: MPevine11

jato for sure, traxxas is just that much better then anythign else.
I disagree, Traxxas is good but not the best...i dont thnk any RC company is the "best"

HPI is grate for there "bashable" trucks ie: the savage voted #1 baster. Traxxas for raceing trucks and boats, Timaya for there onroad/cheep cars, Losi for there micro car/trucks.
there its no one company that stands out above the rest, it all depend on what you plan to do bash/race/ indoor/outdoor onroda/offroad.

Well thats just IMO.

Slim.
If you guys don't agree with this,you're blind to the truth.
.In a public forum,you have to add,"X is the best company FOR ME,because their trucks are good at X,X,and X."You can't just say,"X is the best company",because,not only might it spark a hot arguement,but it will also cause confusion/deception to the future truck owner.

HPI is the best for me because their trucks do exactly what I want them to do:Mainly,bashing.
Now,if I say it in that way,people have no reason to say,"No,HPI is not the best,Traxxas is!",because I just stated the best company for the bashing catagory,and I did not say," X is better than X.".
Think about it,is Traxxas the best?YOU say,yes it is......BUT,only for the catagory/driving style,you bought it for.What if a friend would ask you which company is the best,and you'd say Team Losi is the best.You have a Team Losi truck because you like racing,and you invite your friend to come over and drive it.He then bashes it like never before,and it breaks in a few spots.He then says Team Losi isn't the best,because he likes bashing and not racing.
To confirm what Slim said,no company is the best.There are companies that are better than others in different catagories,but not the best in general.Which is why you ask which catagory the future truck owner prefers.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 PM
ASYSTEMERROR

yes i don't see why not ! with the single speed you'd have to be carefull with the throttle but with the 2 speed you could worry less but it wouldn't be a good dirt truck it would crossover to the jato's ground's and would be better for blacktop and high speed runs.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 AM
vote4nitro

worry about throttle....my butt...the 1 speed on a jato 3.3 is way more controllable....it almost eliminates all wheelies....plus because of the larger gearing (more teeth) it has slower exceleration and makes it faster...i have a 2 speed and my friend has a one speed and his owns mine all the time.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:43 PM
silverD

ORIGINAL: Deadareus

ORIGINAL: silverD

Deadareus.....No kicking here. I woke up at 2:15 and won it[8D]
well, it's a good job i wasn't on the ball....otherwise i might have cost you another 30-40$ i don't think i would have gone over $200.

congrats though...a nice score! did you get it yet? how does it run? what's the condition? let me know how you make out with it please.
I'm glad I didn't spend any more than I did. The engine looks like it could have been over heated by the light copper color of the block just below the head. The piston itself was very dark. I think dirt had worked it's way in thru the filter. I had an extra piston, sleeve, crank, and head from a recent rc10gt ebay purchase that I swapped out...I hope it has some life in it as I have yet to run it. The rear diff was toast, so I rebuilt both front and rear. If these go out in the near future, I will look into the hardend ones. The old T-15 was hard to turn, but after some oil and TLC, I think it will still run. The temp sensor needs a battery or is toast. The aluminum parts are nice. This is my first MT, or any HPI, after just recently pulling the FT RC10GT of the shelf and getting back into the hobby.