Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

rc10gt2 bump start question??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 AM
anfhockey10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc10gt2 bump start question??

I recently bought a new rc10gt2 FT kit with an OS 12TG nonpull start engine installed, I also have the nonpull start engine mount and non pull start flywheel. I also have the associated starter box. When I try to start it up, it seems like the starter box flywheel is not aligned dead center to the opening of my gt2 chassis. Did anyone have problems using the associated starter box with the gt2? How far down is the flywheel for the nonpull start engine supposed to be? Even when I removed the four posts on the starter box and align the starter box flywheel with the engine flywheel, it doesn't seem like the engine flywheel is low enoug to make contact with the starter box flywheel. Any suggestions? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66422.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1605766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56122.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1605767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69838.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1605768  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:53 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rc10gt2 bump start question??

It looks about right to me...

You could always swap out that flywheel with the 38mm one, its like an $8 part.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 AM
anfhockey10

Did anyone every try putting in a pull start flywheel for a non pull start engine? or shaving the openings underneath the chassis? Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 AM
SLAYERDUDE

If you have this ae bumpbox it's completely adjustable, you just need to set the bumpbox up for your GT2.
http://aedownloads.com/downloads/ins...starterbox.pdf

I use mine for starting my GT and Ofna MBX buggy which has an inline mounted engine, very good box.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Nootnam

I know this is late but im just trying to find an answer to this very same problem.. I ended up not only shaving the opening of the chassis to enlarge the hole for the starter flywheel to hit the engine flywheel but that didn't even work. I discovered that it is the motor mounts that are too big and keep the flywheel to far away from the chassis because my brother has the XTM xcellerator with an O.S. .18 (same engine I have) but his motor mounts are about 1mm smaller than mine and it works like a charm. I couldn't find a single motor mount meant for this chassis other than the original ones so I ended up shaving down the motor mounts as well and lone behold, my engine starts without a single issue.

What did you end up doing? I cant see any other way and I don't like running my car with the engine sitting uneven on ****ty motor mounts. Im thinking about buying new motor mounts and having them machined down perfectly
Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It sounds like you somehow ended up with a p/s motor mount. A non p/s motor mount is about 1mm lower than the p/s mount. You don't have to machine it to get it to work.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ull-Start-Blue
Old 10-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Nootnam

Nope, those are the motor mounts I got with the car.. It seems its not just me with this problem, I think AE ****ed up honestly
Old 10-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I went through this with a gt1 I bought used. Guy stuck in a np/s motor on a p/s motor mount so he could claim it had a motor. Not your situation I know but the symtoms were identical. If you put in the p/s flywheel proanti1 linked to you would bring the flywheel lower in the chassis. Might solve your problem. good luck