RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato Offroad anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato Offroad anygood?

ORIGINAL: dwjr8

Chris, set it up to do what? i assume you mean racing. yes it would take alot of changes to make the Jato ROAR legal. so now that youve spent the money on youre Jato to do so, you really have 3 trucks in one. OR you could go buy a couple different rigs then tell me how much money youve spent. set up your Losi to go bash with me sometime. Maybe I'll find a soccer field we can run on so you can keep up.
[&:][&:][&:]

I live in Southern California, you live in Florida...

Plus I sold one of my NTs and I just keep the other one as a spare that i dont even use because my track doesnt race gas truck anymore. They race 1/8 buggy so that is what I have now.

f0rb3s, RCU did a review on the xxx-nt sport rtr 2. The cons were:

Plastic wheel nut included in the kit is not durable (for taking the wheel nuts out)

and

Chrome wheels can chip easily.

I have NEVER owned a Jato but I have DRIVEN one. Nothing special.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:23 PM
dwjr8

Do not buy a Jato you will be disappointed in the off road performance. it cant keep up with any other stadium trucks on the market, especially for what you pay initially. I would recommend you look at some websites posting winners of off road competitions and go with what they are using. of course you will be buying the basic platform they are using not the full on race version. Losi, Associated, HPI and a few others make a great models that im sure he would be happy with.

for the record i dont care what he buys. just look carefully at what the options are, what his needs are, what application he is planning for this vehicle, how much $ is in his budget. pending on his answers to these questions there is a truck out there for him. good luck
Old 12-12-2008, 10:38 PM
JatoGuy

Just for fun because I get a kick out of it.

Nitro Nate please read my totally off topic posts before you post your shenanigans. Everything you posted till now (not only in this thread) bashes everything traxxas. It sucks off road. It has to powerful of an engine. etc etc. And also offroad is not a prepped race track. I think everyone thought that was obvious.

Chris Rc. Same as above. Also Im not sure why you are comparing shock sizes. Kind of confused. You are aware that there 2.2 wheels that fit on the jato right, hence all those tires you listed.. ?

The reason this thread is still going is because

1 - I get a kick out of it and I havent flamed a single other model in the process.
2- You silly boys continually post, to people requesting Info on a Jato or traxxas in general, about how if they want to go fast get a touring car, only go fast in a straight line, that it/traxxas is garbage. ETc Etc

Fact of the matter is. Is the Jato a good off road basher? Out of the box with the condas. Not so much. Will it go offroad with them? Sure, and tbh if you are a beginner the stock tires can help keep you safe off-road. Spend a few dollars on tires and you will never want to bash another ST again. On any surface... Will you break something here and there? I hope so or else your not trying.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3GcVT-Uy8]These guys seem to agree[/link]
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM
NitroNate

So your saying all it takes to make a on-road tuned truck into a off-road champ is to change the tires!?![X(]For some reason I don't feel convinced....

Spend a few dollars on tires and you will never want to bash another ST again.
Now thats the funniest thing I ever heard!!ROFLMAO! What makes it so special off-road! Do you realize what you just said??You said,with a change of tires the Jato is the best off-road ST![X(]
I get a kick out of your Jato talk But its about time we calmed down...your avoiding my very true points...[&o]
Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 AM
f0rb3s

this has to be the funniest thing ever....
i believe the thread was is jato offroad any good?
the answer is yes.... just swap the tire and adjust the shock settings...
it is a good all around purpose st....
and as far as reviews..... have u ever read a review that just said an rc suked?
me either... everything has pro and cons.... if there was the "perfect st"
then everybody else would have one as well......
Old 12-13-2008, 09:59 AM
NitroNate

We didn't just say the Jato sucks.We said it sucked off-road....
Think about what I said!"You may as well get any ST and then turn it into what you want it???Why do that when you can get a head start by getting a truck that does what you want it to do when you get it out of the box... "
Honestly when you look at a Jato,off-road doesn't come to mind....Your real big on repeating,"The Jato is great off-road!......(Then there's the catch)With better tires and suspension set-up.Keep in mind that when you take somthing off-road you're most likely inclined to bash it.....another thing the Jato needs work on,compared to other STs.
Then you say,"Its a great basher!.....With a bunch of RPM parts.".
Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 AM
f0rb3s

all good bashers need rpm parts.... period......
there isn't a ready to run truck on the market that i can say has the best tire choice on it from the factory...
and moving shock mounts from the factory installed settings is something u have to do on every
truck outta the box... for ur driving style....
and yes... u mighta as well take any truck outta the box and turn itinto what u want...
thats the reason they make hop up parts and accesories... it's also the reason its a hobby

do u honestly own a 100% outta the box rc?
if so than i am glad u are some one who is satisfied along with the masses of rtr kits.....
but i would encourage u to try other parts to futher ur hobby intrest.....

on the other hand.... if u do mods to all ur rc's (as i am pretty sure u have, because u do not speak ignorrantly
from what i have read)
then u are just being hypocriticaly bias.

as i posted before.... i have several rc's from 1/8 serpents to losi micros... and i have 4 different st's
they all handle diff and that is why i own them.... but there isn't one that i have bought where i didnt walk out the LHS
with extra/ upgraded parts and start to make it what i want.....

Old 12-13-2008, 10:33 AM
NitroNate

You know as much as I do that thats not what I said...
You still don't see my point....[&o](To put it in an extreme way)Why would I go out and buy a sport bike and the turn it into a an off-road bike when I can just get a dirt-bike??
No I don't have a 100% stock truck.But when I hopped it up,I didn't change its purpose.I added a better engine and some bells and whistles....Its still an off-road truck...
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 AM
f0rb3s

ok then.... i believe it would be safe to say this is an accurate definition of a stadium truck http://rcvehicles.about.com/od/gloss...adiumtruck.htm
i am pretty sure we can agree on that. the jato 2.5 matches that description perfectly. http://rcvehicles.about.com/gi/dynam...o/trx_jato.htm

the jato 3.3 is the same setup diff mill and a diff cb 24 instead of 22... so the purpose has not been changed...
the marketing has changed to appeal to the masses....
just like the speed t and the desert truck they have now.... same thing... different marketing, diff tires....

don't get me wrong... i have a storm as well... fun lil truck... better around a track. easier to work on... but that is not this threads purpose.
also another factor..... exspecially in my area.... parts.... traxxas parts are everywhere and easy to get.... not so for the storm around here...
so for bashin.... when i do break something.... i wanna be able to run to the LHS and get what i need and keep on going.... providing i dont have the parts
in the pit bag....

so i don't think u can say the jato is no good offroad.... it does have it's perks....
Old 12-13-2008, 11:15 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

This is a great thread but really you guy's are comparing apples to oranges really no comparison between the Jato,Storm,xxx-nt but keep it going it's interesting reading for sure.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Chris_RC

The only RPM parts I have on my truck are the RPM Losi Shock Building Tool! It makes rebuilding shocks alot easier but besdies that nothing. I had the wide front bumper because it makes my trucks jump weird. Racing is even harder on your car/truck than bashing.

A Stadium truck is made to jump and more offroad racing. BEEP!!!! The jato is for high speed speed runs and that was it was meant to be for. period. No matter how much you dress up a Jato it is still a Jato.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:05 PM
dwjr8

racing is harder on your gear than bashing? the Jato is not a purpose built on-road car. TRX anacondas are a weak attempt at an AT tire. we are not saying the Jato is the best option available. we are saying it is a capable platform. what is so hard to understand about that? Nate have you ever heard of an enduro class motorcycle. and Chris " The jato is for high speed speed runs and that was it was meant to be for. period. No matter how much you dress up a Jato it is still a Jato." you are saying that with all the upgrades in the world the Jato still cant do anything but make high speed runs. Please. Nate you insist on comparing stock vs stock. With that, Forbes, Jatoguy and myself have all conceded that the Jato would not do well against some of the other STs mentioned. Chris has changed the argument to no matter what you do the jato sucks off road.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:06 PM
NitroNate

Nate have you ever heard of an enduro class motorcycle
I was just using that phrase for an example....And yes,the Jato is capable of being an off-road truck,but like I said many times,which ST isn't??Why would you reccomend a truck thats capable of off-roading when you can name a truck thats made for it??
Any ST is capable of off-roading,thats not really a valid reason why you reccomend a truck....[&o]
Old 12-13-2008, 01:11 PM
f0rb3s

a honda civic is a family econo car..... why do people use them for racing?
the parts are available and its cheap to do....
Old 12-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Chris_RC

What I was trying to say is that if you put $1,000 worht of hopups on the Jato is still wont compete with the NT or GT2 when they are almost stock.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
f0rb3s

o now thats funny... come stay real....let me ask u a ?
what makes gt2 so awesome? i am not askin for u to compare to a jato... just state why it is the god of st's....
maybe i will sell all of my jato's and go buy one.... and i want to know stock form...
and btw.... i have a roar legal jato.... and do quite well against the others... and i only have 500 bucks minus electronics in it
Old 12-13-2008, 02:09 PM
dwjr8

Nate when did i recommend the jato. i answered the question which is the title of this thread. Jato offroad anygood? YES. the best no. the first pick for someone who is learning. no
You still say it sucks off road then you say its capable as are all ST. this is not a comparison thread or a ****ing contest. this is a yes or no question. maybe you should start a new thread titled. " What stock ST gives the best off road performance?" if you still see the 3 of us on there arguing for the Jato, feel free to say whatever you like.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: f0rb3s

o now thats funny... come stay real....let me ask u a ?
what makes gt2 so awesome? i am not askin for u to compare to a jato... just state why it is the god of st's....
Sadly, The GT and GT2 have won almost every gas truck national championship since the class started. But that is mainly because of Jared Tebo, Ryan Cavaleri, and Ryan Mayfield. The Losi guys race 1.8 instead of 1/10 now.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:55 PM
f0rb3s

u still didnt answer my question..... what makes them the best outta the box st?
i am not talkin bout winning races and the team drivers.....
u tell me what are the best things about them are....
please educate me... i am curious to know.. there may be something out there i am oblivious too and have been missin out on...
as a hobbiest... u must agree.... to be a hobbiest u have to help other hobbiest out ?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: dwjr8

Nate when did i recommend the jato. i answered the question which is the title of this thread. Jato offroad anygood? YES. the best no. the first pick for someone who is learning. no
You still say it sucks off road then you say its capable as are all ST. this is not a comparison thread or a ****ing contest. this is a yes or no question. maybe you should start a new thread titled. " What stock ST gives the best off road performance?" if you still see the 3 of us on there arguing for the Jato, feel free to say whatever you like.
I know you weren't really reccomending the Jato,but you were going along with it....
If it is just a yes or no question,then why did you have to give all these things that need to be done on the Jato before it is any good off-road?Of course I know this isn't a contest,but I have to give some comparisons to prove my point,which you seem to be avoiding each time I say it....[&o]
MY POINTs:The Jato is not a good off-road ST unless you mod it up some...If the reason you picked a Jato,is because you think it is the most capable ST,then thats just biased...If your Jato would still be stock(apart from the tires)you would not be able to argue here in good conscience...Pick an ST that will fill your needs with the least amount of hop-ups...You can't honestly compare your Jato to other STs,we probably wouldn't even recognize it as a Jato...

u still didnt answer my question..... what makes them the best outta the box st?
Doesn't its record speak for itself??Listen to the facts...The best things about the truck is that it is a race winner and a decent basher.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:32 PM
f0rb3s

its record its record its record... sounds like a broken record... all of which u had nothing to do with...
and i am sure they run them right outta the box to win? this is the 3rd time askin, u can't answer me it seems.. why is that? did u to fall for the marketing by the masses?\
remeber i have both trucks and enjoy them the same...
what is it that u personally find so great outta the box...

i am dying to know....
Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
NitroNate

You really believe the GT2 can't win races right out of the box?If you say,"No it can't unless you put hop-ups on it to compete with the hot competition."That may be true,but if you say that,we may as well be disscusing the best aftermarket manufactures!?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:47 PM
dwjr8

I went along with the jato is good off road. all of $40 dollars and a roll cage to make it a worthy basher. I didnt say anything about racing. im not avoiding your point. in this discussion you dont seem to have one. why is it so hard for you to admit that the jato is a decent offroad truck outta the box (tires of course). the title of the thread is not ".Pick an ST that will fill your needs with the least amount of hop-ups." you seem to be stuck on this.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
f0rb3s

once again..... what makes it so great outta the box? do i need to start a new thread to recieve my answer...
or is the above stated by me true? marketing for the masses?
u seem to avoid my question as if it was the plaque... is this because u can't answer without recieving help from others?
or is it simply because u fell into the hype and only know one side of the vehicle... records records records?
it takes a much stronger person to go against the grain and stand on his own belief than it does to get a piggy back ride from everyone else...
i guess the question now is which one r u? so will u please stop avoiding my ? and give me a legitimate answer....
or shall i provide one for u?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
NitroNate

My brain needs a defragment!I am so confused!!You guys throw all these questions that aren't even for me to answer!I'm not a racer...And I don't intend to be.Now your trying to make me see who I am?
I don't even know what topic we are on...My head hurts!All these pointless questions to get me on the defensive end....[:'(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.