Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato Offroad anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato Offroad anygood?

He is talking about the GT, not the GT2.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
NitroNate

Not a major differance....
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

Not a major differance....
The GT has been around since the early 90s, the GT2 has just been out a couple years. The GT2 is alot easier to drive and more durable.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:04 PM
motorhead91

Look.I don't want to continue this thread farther than necessary,but saying the Jato is tougher than a GT2 is like saying butter isn't fattening!We know how cheap Traxxas' plastic is just like we know how fattening butter is!(I know its a lame comparison...)
There are just too many variables to say one is tougher than the other when you only have one of each.Over the years both the GT2 and the Jato have been tested and its been proven Traxxas' isn't specificly for bashers,the Jato is no exception.Sure,it may be more durable than the Rustler or Sport,but just because your Jato has survived a cart-wheel or roll-over doesn't mean its tougher than your other trucks.It may have flipped a certain way so it didn't do any damage...The facts are still there...Somone did a break test with most of the companies nylon and discovered Duratrax and Traxxas' nylon broke under less pressure than HPI and RPM.If you test it in such a way,there are no variables and the results are nothing but the truth...

OK,I have said enough...Its not my problem if you don't see the light...
if you dont want this thread to go any further, then quit repeating yourself. it seems you cant accept the fact that people believe the jato is a good truck in stock form. do yourself and everyone else a favor and leave this thread to die.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
kyoshorc132

if the 3.3 engine is a .20 cubic in what cubic inch is the 2.5? sorry im new
Old 12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
kyoshorc132

dude y would u say tht??!!??
Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM
motorhead91

the 2.5 is a .15 c.i. sized engine.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 PM
kyoshorc132

ahh i see but wait i have a kyosho dst my bro has a firestorm and my dad has a rustler 2.5

so i have a .18 my bro has .18 my dad has .15 but my dads does 50mph and we dont??? why??
Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
motorhead91

kyosho doesnt have very good rtr engines, and with 4wd the parasitic drivetrain losses are greater, consuming more of the engines energy. if you buy a decent os, lrp, just about any higher quality motor, you should be able to keep up with him
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
kyoshorc132

i want to but i have heard tht its hard to fit aftermarket engines in the kyosho because of the mounting being weirdly set up. if u saw it u would know and out of the 3 cars i listed u which one is best for bashing?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look.I don't want to continue this thread farther than necessary,but saying the Jato is tougher than a GT2 is like saying butter isn't fattening!We know how cheap Traxxas' plastic is just like we know how fattening butter is!(I know its a lame comparison...)
There are just too many variables to say one is tougher than the other when you only have one of each.Over the years both the GT2 and the Jato have been tested and its been proven Traxxas' isn't specificly for bashers,the Jato is no exception.Sure,it may be more durable than the Rustler or Sport,but just because your Jato has survived a cart-wheel or roll-over doesn't mean its tougher than your other trucks.It may have flipped a certain way so it didn't do any damage...The facts are still there...Somone did a break test with most of the companies nylon and discovered Duratrax and Traxxas' nylon broke under less pressure than HPI and RPM.If you test it in such a way,there are no variables and the results are nothing but the truth...

OK,I have said enough...Its not my problem if you don't see the light...
Ok NitroNate 1st I was talking about the RC10GT not the GT2. I have driven the GT2 and it is also a great truck. COmpared to my JATO i think the Jato is tougher. That said I will admit that I haven't driven the trucks you have so I cannot comment on them. But the JATO is one tough truck. Dont tell me that the JATO is not for bashing when I have been bashing mines every day for the past year. The thing can take some abuse. More than my RC10GT ever did. If you don't think it's tough then check out this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3GcVT-Uy8
Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
cmc214

This is all very interesting but can someone actually answer the original question I want to know because I am looking for my first ever RC truck. My two friends both bought Revos and I am in a tug of war between the Jato and Revo. I live in long island the most offroad I will see is a grass field. I kinda wanna be faster than them.[>:] However if we find a good dirt area to ride around....with the right tires could i keep up with the AWDs with a Jato?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually the Jato is pretty decent off road. i run mines both on the street and in the dirt. J have JACO tires for the road, pro-line 30 series bowties for the dirt, and pro-line sand paddles for the beach. In my opinion its a great truck. If you end up getting the Revo just buy a Buku exhaust pipe and you will be faster than your buddies.