Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Evader any good??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:10 AM
nathanstl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evader any good??

I tried to make the adjustment after the fourth tank, but when I tried the differential was already very tight and it was still tight even turning it counter clockwise so I assumed it wasn't ready yet. I did get it apart and the gear that holds the 3/32" balls was melted around them. Just ordered a rebuild kit and new gear today. Should have it in by Thursday. Can't wait to go break it again I think this buggy will do about 45mph and maybe faster. Anyone checked?
Old 11-15-2003, 01:01 PM
huett

I saw your post on this truck and I am considering buying it. It has been 5 or so months since this post what is your current opinion? Any breakage? If so how was getting parts/service for the truck.

Thanks

Huett
Old 11-15-2003, 02:51 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is holding up just fine so far. Parts have not a problem, haven't broken anything more than a shock mount. Engine is fine and has not been a problem either. A good value for the money.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:01 PM
**MilkMachine**

Im not saying that I dont like Duratrax, but my local hobby shop said they wouldnt suggest it because not alot of places sell there parts and there really hard to get.
They said that you will need to buy almost all your parts of of www.towerhobbies.com
Is this true?
Are a gimmic?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:38 PM
nathanstl

I can find most suspension parts at my LHS and they are starting to stock more and more. They carry all the electric parts. The Nitro they are starting, but haven't been out long enough to stock everything. As far as ordering from tower hobbies, they are awesome I just ordered $50 worth of parts for my duratrax from them(to stock up) and they charged me 3.99 shipping for everything AND I got it the next day!!!!! Now I do live within a few hours of their warehouse, but still very nice company to deal with.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:28 PM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To everyone: Yesterday i purchased the evader bx. It was a breeze to break in. Adjusting the diff is very easy ppl. Take the tire off, take the rear ball cup (drag link?) off w/ pliers. the cv should slide right out, get an allen wrench(don't know what size) and turn the screw allt eh way in, then 1/8 of a turn out. I love my duratrax, it will smoke a losi and a f(*&^% tmaxx! They have come a long way since the maximums. Check em out, it's a top of the line car w/ tons of hop ups and race ready!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Element

My lhs stocks all the hopups and parts for my evader still havetn had to order a part for my truck besdies a new esc.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:32 AM
evader_handler

Yes it is a great car.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:30 PM
studysession

ORIGINAL: bdtsr

So far ours is doing very well. My son loves it when it will pull the front wheels up and do a wheelie down the street!
So it does wheelie easy? I am thinking of getting an electric ST and put a brushless motor.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:03 PM
xtremerc2003

i would get a xxx nt
Old 12-08-2003, 12:51 PM
studysession

You say XXX NT - I do not want another nitro myself. But if anyone has experience with the XXXT the electric one, that would be good to hear from. Right now for me the Evader pro version is the one that is winning. I am still undecided.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:38 PM
RectalExam
Banned

bump