Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

New motor, and aluminum diff cases, for nitro mt?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

New motor, and aluminum diff cases, for nitro mt?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:50 PM
txaggie08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motor, and aluminum diff cases, for nitro mt?

I want the aluminum diff cases purely for the bling factor, I know they're not necessary or particularly useful. Do the make the(aren't the rs4-3 diff cases the same thing?). Is the center diff case the same thing btw, and is there a 2 speed available?

The other question is on a new motor. I want something slightly overpowered, probably as large as will fit easily. Truck will be purely for screwing around with, so I'm not worried about race classes etc. Suggestions?

Old 02-15-2009, 01:19 AM
MattVid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New motor, and aluminum diff cases, for nitro mt?

ORIGINAL: txaggie08

I want the aluminum diff cases purely for the bling factor, I know they're not necessary or particularly useful. Do the make the(aren't the rs4-3 diff cases the same thing?). Is the center diff case the same thing btw, and is there a 2 speed available?

The other question is on a new motor. I want something slightly overpowered, probably as large as will fit easily. Truck will be purely for screwing around with, so I'm not worried about race classes etc. Suggestions?

I assume you are talking about the HPI MT/MT2? You can find diff cases on eBay. I wouldn't say they are worthless, as they don't flex as much as the plastic ones, so you strip less diff gears. Just search for "MT2 gearbox" and they should come up.

As far as an engine. I am running the OS 18 CV-R, pretty nice engine. If you wanted to get the best/fastest/most ridiculous engine you can, you could go for the OS 18 TZ, for some extra money of course. The CV-R you can find for 100-130 new, while the TZ is 150ish new.

If you have trouble finding parts, let me know and I can hunt down some links for you. Good luck with the upgrades!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
txaggie08

how much is compatible between the one and the two?

I apologize for the questions, I'm not new to RC but definitely to the car side of it. I acquired this car(it's a first gen HPI mt) for 100$ as a toy to mess with, and I'm trying to learn a bit.

I also need a set of turnbuckles(assuming that's the right term for the upper suspension linkage...), are there a better set than what comes on the car stock, or do I just need to acquire another set of the HPI ones.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:34 AM
spoonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some parts. I am sure the difference between the two were, new body, tie rods, drive shafts and engine. Just look at your MT1 diffs and look at some pictures on ebay.

I know you only want the diffs for bling factor but if you want stronger diffs go for the carbon graphite ones that HPI makes. You can get a whole set for $15 which is you centre diff, rear diff and front diff boxes. Much better then 22 for one aluminum diff. GPM parts are quite cheap and I have heard them snapping after a while. Some of its ok. Just becareful, integy use a stronger aluminum as with GPM have a weaker type of aluminum, less % of everything whem smelting.