Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which stadium truck is overall better?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Which stadium truck is overall better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:30 AM
usa98030

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which stadium truck is overall better?

MAN! I thought i got it bad AHHAAHHA. Well i probably would of got thrown out to! Imagine you saying " Hey, honey i think im going to sell the vette?" But my wife doesn't really care if i get a new car, its jsut for some reason she gets pissed when i spend my time more on it than with her
Old 05-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Chris_RC

usa, for the third time, How OLD are you? You post like a 5 year old kid, but then I see wife (not gay ) and corvette. But then you say thing like OMG OMG OMG!!!!! If I could brew nitro fuel I could I would have a whole house full of it!! OMG....

I think the answer to NitroNate vs. all the Traxxas fans (mainly usa) is have you two ever driven the competator vehicle? How do you know it isnt durable when you havent OWNED it before?

Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh C'mon Chris there is no need for insults. We are all entitled to our opinions. Am wrong? And if you read through the thread carefully usa98030 never said that any of the above mentioned vehicles were not durable. Instead he gave props to 1/8 buggies and truggies. Read before you comment or try to insult someone. We are here to help each other out when need be and give our best educated opinions. As far as using abbreviations it doesn't matter how old you are. Im 35 and still use. but OMG IMO we have the freedom to express ourselves howw ever we want. LOL. Thats why it a free country. NWAYS TTYL.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:57 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

usa, for the third time, How OLD are you? You post like a 5 year old kid, but then I see wife (not gay ) and corvette. But then you say thing like OMG OMG OMG!!!!! If I could brew nitro fuel I could I would have a whole house full of it!! OMG....

I think the answer to NitroNate vs. all the Traxxas fans (mainly usa) is have you two ever driven the competator vehicle? How do you know it isnt durable when you havent OWNED it before?

Because of the ratings and statistics of each company,and many years of complaints and compliments,you can come up with a decently accurate average.HPI trucks for bashing,Traxxas trucks not so much....(They might hold up good enough for you,but not for the hardcore bashers)
Seeing all our HPI trucks not dissapointing us is not only a big bonus,but its full proof that these trucks are for me and all the bashers.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:01 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

wow comparing a HPI and traxxas .... they're both beginner trucks, each has merit in its own respect .. 4wd more maintinence because of more moving parts to break ... but the rusty has a weaker tranny so its a toss up ... take ur pick man, they're basher play toys .... and for competition, after my 25yrs of RC, i can really say that Associated and Losi are the only trucks i would recomend .... now say ya can't bash a T4-FT it will fall apart! .... thats straight up bull crap!....... i bash my t4 everyday .... and it rarely ever breaks .. unless i like hit a tree at 50mph LOL ... everyone is entitled to their own opinion .... they're like ass holes, everyone has one!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

wow comparing a HPI and traxxas .... they're both beginner trucks, each has merit in its own respect .. 4wd more maintinence because of more moving parts to break ... but the rusty has a weaker tranny so its a toss up ... take ur pick man, they're basher play toys .... and for competition, after my 25yrs of RC, i can really say that Associated and Losi are the only trucks i would recomend .... now say ya can't bash a T4-FT it will fall apart! .... thats straight up bull crap!....... i bash my t4 everyday .... and it rarely ever breaks .. unless i like hit a tree at 50mph LOL ... everyone is entitled to their own opinion .... they're like ass holes, everyone has one!!!!!!
Thats what many people think on here-you cant bash race cars but that is complete BS. Like I said before in another thread, race a vehicle a year (same amount of runs) and bash a vehicle for a year (same number or runs). Guess what parts will wear more? The racing vehicle. What parts will break more? Bashing, because you are almost trying to hit stuff, jump as high as possible, etc.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
NitroNate

Actualy the parts would wear the same,because each truck is getting the same amount of run time....
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: usa98030

Yeah if you wanna bash get something like a savage! Those things are tuff as nails
No offense, but Savage's are considered toys at our track. Cant make any big jumps, and when attempting to jump with the race 1/8s, they break. Same with T-Maxx's, Revos, and MGTs. The only MT that ever did good at my track was a modified LST2, but it had truggy tires and upgraded to truggy spec. It was faster than my buggy lol. While the MTs are breaking, buggies and truggies crash 10x harder, jump 5x higher and further, and dont break nearly as often.
Apparently Chris doesn't know what the word bashing means.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

Actualy the parts would wear the same,because each truck is getting the same amount of run time....
Actually, the vehicle who races would wear parts more. Racing is a lot more strenuous than bashing because with bashing, you arent demadning as much of your car. Also there are races as long as one hour long, and with bashing, you can stop whenever yuo want. Racing is consistent abuse, bashing is small abuse, then big jumps, hitting something at WOT, etc. that breaks parts. You dont break as many parts in racing because you arent trying to crash, arent trying to do crazy stunts.

AutoXMan, Do you know what the word racing means?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:37 PM
All The Way

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

hmmm..... Ithink the horse is dead

Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
dittch
Banned

Racing is a lot more strenuous than bashing because with bashing, you arent demadning as much of your car.
Oh Please.That statementmay be truebased onyour concept of bashing, but it doesn't hold much water for those of us in the real world.Come hang with my friends and I on a weekend and see how we bash.

I find it amazing that you think it's so cut and dry.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: dittch

Racing is a lot more strenuous than bashing because with bashing, you arent demadning as much of your car.
Oh Please.That statementmay be truebased onyour concept of bashing, but it doesn't hold much water for those of us in the real world.Come hang with my friends and I on a weekend and see how we bash.

Look, I know what bashing is. it is a VERY general term. From people saying bashing on yuotube when they are driving in grass, to people jumping and hitting things at WOT. But with bashing, you can always take it in, temp the engine, tune it, replace anything that is loose or broken, etc. but not in racing. You run until your car wont go anymore. Okay then, take it from something totally unbiased, get a 200 oz digital servo. Race it a year, then bash it a year. I bet the servo that raced would have some kind of problems, while the basher one wouldnt. That is why people who race have at least 2 extra GOOD servos, while people who bash usually use their stock RTR ones.

Have you ever raced? Ive bashed HARD, and raced. Ive broken more parts bashing, because you always want to go higher, faster, etc. but my car wears more racing because there is more consistent wear on the car-you arre always running as fast as you can where bahsing you can always slow down.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:26 PM
All The Way

Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 PM
quietnas1

All The Way I agree lol.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
rclynx

Hey one of them look like a mule  is there a hidden meaning to that [X(] LOL

Old 05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
dittch
Banned

Look, I know what bashing is. it is a VERY general term. From people saying bashing on yuotube when they are driving in grass, to people jumping and hitting things at WOT. But with bashing, you can always take it in, temp the engine, tune it, replace anything that is loose or broken, etc. but not in racing. You run until your car wont go anymore. Okay then, take it from something totally unbiased, get a 200 oz digital servo. Race it a year, then bash it a year. I bet the servo that raced would have some kind of problems, while the basher one wouldnt. That is why people who race have at least 2 extra GOOD servos, while people who bash usually use their stock RTR ones.

Have you ever raced? Ive bashed HARD, and raced. Ive broken more parts bashing, because you always want to go higher, faster, etc. but my car wears more racing because there is more consistent wear on the car-you arre always running as fast as you can where bahsing you can always slow down.
So bashers always slow down instead of constantly running as fast as they can, huh?So bashers are always bringing it in, taking engine temp, and tuning it, replacing anything that is broken, huh?Your definition of "basher" is starting to come together.In the above quote you stated thatbashing is"a VERY general term", but in actuality you're doing a very good job of narrowing it down.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but your reasoning is wrong, plain and simple. The onlywayit may be right is if you forget whatevery other basher does and just consider YOUR idea of bashing and compare that to racing.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Chris_RC

So bashers always slow down instead of constantly running as fast as they can, huh?So bashers are always bringing it in, taking engine temp, and tuning it, replacing anything that is broken, huh?Your definition of "basher" is starting to come together.In the above quote you stated thatbashing is"a VERY general term", but in actuality you're doing a very good job of narrowing it down.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but your reasoning is wrong, plain and simple. The onlywayit may be right is if you forget whatevery other basher does and just consider YOUR idea of bashing and compare that to racing.
I didnt say always, but if you just want to stop and do something else, there is nobody stoping you. It is just that when I used to bash, I wouldn't run WOT for a minute straight, most of the time I would just be jumping or building a small track or hitting things. And if I noticed someting wrong, I would run to the car. I am just saying that in racing, there is alot to be lost by coming into the pits. Every other basher is different.SOme are kids who just run around in grass, and some are adults that bash the he!! out of their cars.

Now what is YOUR idea of bashing compared to racing?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
quietnas1

I thought this thread was dead but I have to stick in my 2 cents. I Used to race. For 7yrs straight I raced at local events from Miami to Orlando. And for the last 8yrs all I do is bash. I have worn out or broken less parts in a race than I ever have bashing. I used to run my RC10GT at WOT for hours at a time. 2 3 some times 4 hrs. And I would run it some times with parts missing. I remember onc e I ran that bad boy with a broken front A arm and a front wheel missing and still had aa blast. I take my Jato out now almost everyday on my lunch break for about 1 hr and on my days off I run it on average 3hrs staight. 85% of the time at WOT. The only thing I have killed in a yr and a half with my Jato is 2 transmissions. Have you seen the XXX MAIN videos? To me that is what bashing is. And you place a hell of a lot more stress on parts and your motor when you do some serious bashing. That's just my opinion though.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
dittch
Banned

It is just that when I used to bash, I wouldn't run WOT for a minute straight, most of the time I would just be jumping or building a small track or hitting things. And if I noticed someting wrong, I would run to the car.
That's fine, but you need to quit assuming that everyone else bashes the same way you did. That assumption is the only way to support your argument, but like most assumptions it is dead wrong.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Chris_RC

Okay ive seen the  XXX MAIN videos. They are good, but they dont really spark my interest. Like I said, the term basher is a VERY vague word.

And quietnas1, the difference of races has cahnged tremendously since you got out of racing.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

oh yea they have .... 20ft of air and 30ft distance .... hehehe got 6 cars in a tight group ... somebody is gonna get a dirt sandwich LOLOL and things are wayyyyyyy faster than they was years back .. i mean its like lipo's and bl motor , ur toy electric truck is havin nitro trucks for lunch, i know cuz i do it for kicks ..... love to break out the T4 with TP 5000 40c packs and a 6t tekin redline on some unsuspecting knothead that thinks theres no way a battery powered truck can dog the nitro's lmao
Old 05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Jato Schmato... wait till I get that XXXNTI got put back together that I was mentioning in you ST thread quietnas just got my hands on an EBMods os .18 for it and am waiting for a couple more parts, and rebuilding it...

As far as th OP... there are alot of great STs by alot of companies, I just came across a XXXNT, and am impressed by the build quality in the Losi ST. so I would recommend that, I also have an HPI nitro rush, and a Duratrax Maximum ST, the HPIleft a little to be desired as far as adjustments, and the duratrax was my first ever nitro, and has been fun and faster than a crack addict running with your stereo, but in terms of overall good quality parts availability, etc. the losi is definately a good starting point...

If you can swing the price though... The traxxas Jato is pretty ill...

Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
quietnas1

djzack your funny. Take some video when your done with ti and post it in the PUT YOUR VIDEO HERE thread when your done. Its been raining everyday here for the past week so I havent even taken the time to fix the tranny on my Jato. Just been ordering parts on line to rebuild an old RC10GT I bought.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Planning on going to the local dirt track first weekend of june to runt the xxx and my buggie, both are getting new engines and have just been rebuilt extensively, so I should have plenty of video soon compliments of my BlackBerry Storm.

What I really wanna do is get one of those Traxxas cams that are out there, now that would be a blast in an ST!!!!