Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

What engine for an RC10GT tub chassis?

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

What engine for an RC10GT tub chassis?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What engine for an RC10GT tub chassis?

I'm trying to find a .12engine for my RC10GT tub chassis, but it seems kind of tough. I was originally looking at an O.S. .12 TZ engine that is one heck of an engine, at least on paper, but it's a bump start only engine and I don't have a starter box; nor do I want one. It's also rear exhaust, and I'm looking for a side exhaust engine. It needs to be side exhaust, because I have the MIP rear exhaust kit and I'm not giving that up. It also needs to be a pull start or roto start engine. I'm not in the market for a $400+ engine, but I would like something that's pretty high performance. I would really prefer it if it were a .12 sized engine, but if I have to I will step up to a .15. The track at my house is pretty tight, so a .15 is a little more than I need. If anyone knows of any engines that you think would suit my needs, please tell me about them. I'm getting tired of searching all over online. Obviously the cheaper the better, but I know I'm not going to get a hi-po engine for $90. Anywhere between $100 and $250 or so is what I'm shooting for. Thanks guys.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: What engine for an RC10GT tub chassis?

The OS .15CV-X is a good engine and its only 100 bucks on towerhobbies and if your a member you can get it for even less.......Other good ones are the dynamites .12 or .15

Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Barber420

I actually have the original version of the O.S. .15CV-X. Looks identical to the new one except it's got a red head on it. It's an O.S. MAX .12 CZ2. Which would you choose, the O.S. or the Dynamite Platinum? I see the O.S. only has .68hp. The O.S. .12 TZ I was looking at is rated at 1.5hp, and I was trying to find an engine closer to those specs.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:30 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

I don't know of any other .12 engines with side exhaust that have anywhere close to the power of the 12 tz........... If your looking for something closer to that power range you might have to step up to a .18 engine

Both are great engines so its a toss up really I'd probably choose the OS over the dynamite and put in the OS .18 cv engine
Old 06-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Barber420

Thanks Ilanstylz. I was hoping to get some more responses, but I'm glad to have gotten at least one opinion. I ended up buying the O.S. .15 CV-X. I figured it was probably my best option. The engine I currently have is the old .12 version and I figure that's probably not making any more than .5hp so the .68hp of the .15 should be a nice little boost. It wasn't too bad with the .12, so I'm hoping I'll be happy with the power of this motor. I know it will bolt right in, fit my exhaust and perform better than what I had at least. I think I was just a little shocked when I saw the .12 TZ's power numbers, because I really don't need that kind of power at all. I figure staying smaller will make my tranny and diffs last longer.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Chris_RC

I would of personally went for the Dynamite .12spd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQjEts3QIfA <<video of GT with .12spd. As you can see, it has a nice smooth controllable powerband. IMO the TZ engines are not even worth it as they have too much power for the average joe. NEVER take HP ratins seriously. I personally dont like OS much (too many problems) even though my race engien is a V-Spec. They are very easy to tune, but have some reliability/longevity issues and some bearing problems if I remember correctly. Please tel me he CV-X is a ABC engine!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Barber420

Yes it's ABC. I like the fact that it has a 2 year warranty. The Dynamite didn't offer as good of a warranty, I don't think. Also, the truck is currently setup for basically the same motor so I'm just gonna keep it that way. I think it should be fine. Hopefully the engine will be hear in a couple of days and with weather permitting I should be able to have it broke in and running good the same day. We'll see how it does, but I think on my track it'll be just fine. It's super technical and the lanes are only 6 feet wide, so you can't get going too fast anyhow.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Barber420

The O.S. .15 is now fully broken in and running AWESOME!!! It's about the perfect motor for that truck on my track. I'm now SMOKING everybody with this truck, and I love it. Can't beat an old Associated!!!!!