Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Lets see your "MT" style stadium trucks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Lets see your "MT" style stadium trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Road Warrior
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets see your

Here is a pic of my other nitro firestorm that i just put the wheels on from a old pirate monster that sleeps in the closet. I would have done it sooner but I didn't know if the stock motor and gearing would pull them. It turns these things with no problem it was actually more like drifting than anything else.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82423.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1381184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41971.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1381185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44732.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1381186  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
nastyboys727

whats the lil blue one next to the big truck?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Road Warrior

They are both hpi nitro firestorms. The blue one is for beating up on my brothers Jato. Big block, 1/8 scale foams, and a 5.13 final. It will make 75mph passes on the radar all day long.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow both those Firestorms look sick.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Road Warrior: What did you do to those front shocks on the camaro? looks like they are horizontal.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Road Warrior

Thanks Quietnas. I had the blue one out today and that pretty little blue body isn't so pretty anymore. Put some 30shore foams on the back instead of the 40shore and it is all I can do to keep it from flipping itself over now. And for future reference seagal's can't take off faster than you can go. Out of the 2 in the whole parking lot I had to hit one of them.
Yak That shock idea worked great. It was just springs and the way they were mounted it was a big weight saver since all it does is tear up parking lots, but I had to put them back the way they are supposed to be and still need more weight on the front of it. The fuel tank and throttle servo have been moved forward and the receiver battery is mounted on top of the steering servo, but still can't keep the beast off of the lid.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:17 AM
nastyboys727

hay quietnas1 did the buku pipe make a big dif. for you i thout of gettin one i got a cvec pipe im not so sure on it
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 AM
nastyboys727

and the firestorm do thay have a 2 speed for that truck road warrior
Old 03-28-2010, 08:28 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nastyboys727

hay quietnas1 did the buku pipe make a big dif. for you i thout of gettin one i got a cvec pipe im not so sure on it
The Buku pipe for me made a huge difference in performance. Good bottom end and killer top end. Just all depends how you tune the pipe. For me it was money well spent.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Road Warrior

Nastyboys727 You can put a 2 speed on it but mine is just a single speed with a crazy modified motor that will pull hard into the 70's and flip it on it's roof off the line if it hooks. It has a 17tooth clutch bell and a 20 tooth spur gear with a idler gear setup to make those gears work in order to drive the short wide 1/8 scale foams.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:21 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Road Warrior: do you have any pics of your idler spur clutchbell setup?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM
nastyboys727

yea i would like to see that my self as well and where can i get a 2 speed for one?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Road Warrior

I have the motor out to mod the crank and still need to drill holes in the chassis for it so I could have some pics tomorrow. Maybe so vid of the big block cd3 too. Was going to do it today but it was a bad day for the car. The parking lot that I normally drive in is under construction. Plus the 1/8 scale foams on it hooked up so good that every time I turned it would cart wheel and chunked a new pair and broke a drive axle. Put the little foams on and chunked them too so I put on the rubber tires for it and spun them off of the rims and hit the curb from that. So I'll set up the camera and see what kind of madness goes on.

The 2 speed if from a hpi rs4 but it needs the one way bearing from a traxxas motor. Not exact on what all is needed for it. The guy chevyguru is the one who did it and had videos on you tube of how to. He took everything down about it because of all the people talking crap and a bunch of other negative stuff from azzholes.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 AM
nastyboys727

dang that sounds awsome i would to have liked to see that vid but noooo some *****clowns had to mess it up for alot of us man i hate that im tryin to make me a 2speed 1/10 small block jato killer i got a menace 21 with the wolfpack mounts and bell with a lrp .28 on it i beat them with that but now thay cryin its not fair so im gonna bring one in there class and yea we drag in any good parking lot
i did do a schumacher riot with a 3 speed and a 3.3 on it but it still didnt outrun a jaho opps jato 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Road Warrior

Nasty...You don't need a 2 speed to beat a jato. You just need a badazz big block. The 2 speed would be easier but not needed. What st do you have. Try looking up chevyguru and send him a pm asking him. He is a good guy and might still tell a few people about it. Let me get this straight. The jato people say it is not fair for you to beat them with a 3 speed so I assume that a on road car isn't fair either. So Why would it be fair if you lost to them since the jato isn't really a stadium truck anyways. In my book the jato is a over rated 2wd on road truck with bigger tires. Thats why traxxas has the rusty and the nitro sport. Those are st's. The idler setup on my truck will help you to use 1/8 scale foams and get a final ratio that is lower to make up the differance with the 2 speed but you create other problems when doing so. It takes a highly modded motor to pull the steep gearing and is a lot harder to keep from spinning the tires or putting it on it's lid when you do hook up. I can beat stock jato's all day long and run next to a drag modified 3.3. If you are truly wanting to beat these guys Motor mods are a must. On a side note how much did you pay for those adapters from wolfpack. I do it the cheap way and get a couple parts from sears hardware department. They have these threaded rubber things that I cut the threaded end off and threaded aluminum spacers that I screw onto the axle. A piece of piano wire is strong enough to go through the axle and lock on the wheels or the 12mm hex is the same size as the other tires since there is 2 types of mounts for those cars. I spen a total of 6 bucks on the mounts for those tires per set.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 AM
cflchurch

here are 2 not availible in the states

Name:	By76318.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1408353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50632.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1408354  
Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Road Warrior

Sorry it took so long guys. Yak you know where my main focus has been. I love that cd3 it is so much faster than the truck. Don't get me wrong, the truck is fast but the car is beyond fast and even surpasses stupid fast. Here is a pic of the gearing setup on the truck. The carb isn't on it because I am drilling it out currently to provide more air/fuel to it to compensate for the new induction port. The back of the mount needs to be trimmed since the new aluminum arms are not rounded off like my old ones and the zip tie is on there to make sure it don't move. The bracket didn't have all of the center cut out before just a hole for the spur tension spring and didn't move then. Now it will push out enough to let the gears slip over time so it had to be added.

Name:	ge96770.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1417805   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca81134.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1417806