Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro rcx

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
fastruck10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro rcx

im looking for a good discount on a new truck. So i whent on nitrorcx.com and saw this sweet looking short course truck. it looks just like the slayer but its off brand. has anyone ever bought off of here.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:05 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: nitro rcx

http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scexrcramog2.html

That is not a bad looking truck for $170 and has some nice features. The part where you run into problems is that many times even though they have nice features, they arent nearly as durable, and dont have anything like the parts support of the big brands. Are you mainly looking for a short course truck. If you have the money, you would be better off going with traxxas, hpi, etc... However, if you are a good driver(not always running into stuff) and are willing to fight a few issues for the lower up front cost, then it may be a better route for you? Some will come in and say its junk, but they likely havent owned one or even anything similar. Almost everything has good and bad points, so you just have to figure up what you have to spend and see what makes the most sense. Also, keep in mind the resale value of that truck wont be too good if you ever did want to get rid of it, but that may not be a big problem for you if you plan to keep it, or whatever.

I have a nice HPI Firestorm with less than a gallon on it ill sell you for that price

Eric
Old 11-11-2009, 11:16 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I just looked around some more on there.... From the reading I have done it seems CEN is a reputable brand that you can get parts for and should have decent resale value. I have never owned one, but have heard good things.

Here is a single speed 4wd CEN truck on that site for $170. I would much rather have that over the Exceed truck if it were me:

http://www.nitrorcx.com/cenmg1sc4wdn1.html

They also have the same thing in a stadium truck style with pin type wheels. That is probably about the closest fairly reputable company that has a truck that is comparably priced. Obviously the choice is up to you, but id be much more inclined to try the CEN than the exceed.

Eric

Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

stay away from exceed... I know 2 people with their crappy buggies and one guy with their expensive mad warrior truck.... the buggies strip their spur gear and the diffs die constantly and the mad warrior truck was in a crash 3 MONTHS ago and he finally got the parts because they were on back order.... Himoto and Exceed are pure trash. TRASH..... The only brand I would buy from that company is Red Cat 1/5 scales... I was told Red Cat/Himoto/Exceed are all the same companies.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 PM
fastruck10

Thanks guys.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Massive690

ORIGINAL: Sherv

stay away from exceed... I know 2 people with their crappy buggies and one guy with their expensive mad warrior truck.... the buggies strip their spur gear and the diffs die constantly and the mad warrior truck was in a crash 3 MONTHS ago and he finally got the parts because they were on back order.... Himoto and Exceed are pure trash. TRASH..... The only brand I would buy from that company is Red Cat 1/5 scales... I was told Red Cat/Himoto/Exceed are all the same companies.

I disagree. Every vehice is going to have issues, regardless of manufacturer. I own an Exceed drift car and have beat the living piss out of it. Only issue I have ever had is stripping out the plastic spur gears. These cars are not junk, and for the price you really cant complain. The only think that sucks about them is that your LHS wont carry parts, so you have to order everything online. Other than that, my experience with Exceed has been good. As I stated, I have an on road drift car. I was messing around with my buddy who has an RC-10, he was launching it off the ramps at the local skate park. I started getting bored so I figured what the hell and launching my drift car off the ramps as well lol, never broke anything. Most recently I hit a curb head on at full throtte, bent the hell out of my chassis but didnt break anything, I was pretty impressed.
exceed, redcat, etc are good cars for the money. Plastic spur gears strip out and it is hard to find metal hop-ups. Other than that I have not had any issues.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
HEMICUDA

I got the Exceed Nitro 1/10 Ralley Monster Truck (short course) looks like a Traxxas Slayer but an inch
or two smaller. Still breaking the motor in, 3rd tank thru. I haven't had too much problem yet. Just
getting it started the very first time was a bear. Once I get it broke in and tuned, I think I'll be happy.
It's my first non-toyRC truck. Got it Black Friday for Xmas for $118, plus $10 for start kit and $19 for
shipping for total $147 fromChina to my door. I know it's not got the part support the well know brands
have but I'm 42 and don't plan on jumping off skate board park ramps and "bashing". I do like the
Traxxas Slash 4X4, that's next on my list. Don't put down Exceed and Redcat racing, they are what they
are...hobby grade RC at 1/2 to 1/3 the $, but with less part availability. I think it's a good choice for a first
RC truck without breaking the bank on something you might not like.

Hemicuda
Old 01-08-2010, 01:25 AM
HEMICUDA

Engine broke in, no problems. Starts fairly easy. Ran 2 tanks worth out in the parking lot with about
an inch of fresh snow. Awesome!!!

Hemicuda
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Aussie Fly

Check outwww.richies-rc.com.au

Over here in Australia the Exceed brand is known as Nanda.
Nanda is the parent company in Asia where Exceed would source there products from.
I have the NRT-3 which is the Mad Warrior over in the US.
Richie has all the Hop-Up parts etc for most of the Nanda range and can get anything u may want. Check out his site.
He is great to deal with and knows a lot about this brand.
Just because Exceed aren't the best brand they have a fair following in Asia as (NANDA), so for a cheapish product I reckon there great value. They do race them and they have won alot of races but as any R/C it comes down to the money you spend on that particular model and how far you want to go.
As I am only a basher I enjoy what I have.
Just my 2cents worth.

Cheers Fly
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57917.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1489983  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:58 PM
madtruck1

i would trust exceed my friend, i got one of the $120 buggies for my first nitro rc a cuple of years ago and it ran great it was awsome. only other thing i would reomend would be a fail safe very good investemement.