Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

What truck to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 06:36 PM
FeltRipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What truck to buy?

Hi everone new to nitro rc and currently have a second hand rush which is doing my head in!

I am looking to spend as little as possible but upto about £200my needs are:-

Must be Very tough (I drive crap! lol)
good jump suspension
fast
have lots of hopups for future tinkering
low mainanence preferably

2wd or 4wd and 1,2 or 3 speed which is better

and basically any advice is most welcome as really keen but lacking knowledge

Old 11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What truck to buy?

it all depends
but for your price range your looking at a used vehicle which (most of the times) can be headaches if you don't shop smart.
When buying used figure your going to have to buy a new engine when you bid or shop. I've bought 4 used vehicles and not one has been sold with a useable engine, but I also bid accordingly. Look in the local classified or craigslist (or the UK equivalent) first. You can sometimes find real steals in there. (got a MT1 and a ton of spare parts for $50 once)

Personally I like the HPI MT2. I find it easy to work on and pretty durable. I haven't broken many parts and as for speed that is all dependent on what kind of engine you pop in. We got people on the MT2 boards that get them going so fast they literally flip in the air from the speed (they usually pop in 1/8th savage engines though). It sucks for aftermarket parts though, all the aftermarket parts are semi cheap aluminum from GPM. But the stock parts are not that bad though IMO.

If you want alot of aftermarket parts availability I'd look at a Traxxas or something seeing it seems RPM loves making parts for traxxas vehicles.

Your post is going to attract alot of very biased opinions like "THAT TRUCK SUX" and stuff like that.(usually said by people who've never owned or driven the truck they say sucks)

Also almost all nitros are high maintenance you might want to look more at electric for low maintenance.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
FeltRipper

thanks SycO

that helps alot really want nitro as got electric but sick and tired of recharge plus want more mechanical challenge as i love to fiddle and tinker i have been looking around and really like the Team Associated Mini MGT/ Thunder tiger hammer s18 and their bigger brothers mgt and thunder hammer. They are same model diff name they seem tough and well made also found some really sick tyres by vantage have a lookhttp://www.vantageracing.com/site/v2-products.html

how sweet are they! I am really in love with them have you had any experience ith associated or thunder tiger?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I had a .21 associated MGT and it was a fun truck. Pretty darn tough too, and parts were pretty cheap and easy to come by.

If you are looking at a stadium truck, several of them are pretty good. I have had a rustler, and a firestorm, and they were both good trucks. I like the firestorm a little better because of the overall design and looks of the truck, but i love the traxxas ez-start system and the 2.5 and 3.3 traxxas engines are pretty strong.

Eric