Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI NEWS : 1/10 BULLET ST & MT

Comes with EP & GP version

Old 12-18-2009, 10:03 AM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HPI NEWS : 1/10 BULLET ST & MT

Looks nice! Where'd you find this? and any clue when they're coming out?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm looks like they finally decided to start killing off the MT2 line

I kinda think it looks a tad crowded under the hood and might be a issue to work on. doesn't look bad but if anything I'm going to wait 1-2 years after its release to see how it pans out (parts support and aftermarket).
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they could have just called the ST version the HPI MT3 and the MT version the HPI Mini Savage.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:23 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the shocks. That is a nice set up for an st. Looks like it will compete against the Losing Ten.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

wouldn't be bad if they came out with a kit
generally I cringe when people say that now I'm saying it. I think wishing it came in kit form is a disease [X(]
All I know is though I'm hesitant to buy any new designs HPI makes after seeing how they treated their buggies right after they came out.
So like I said I'll wait awhile, and in the mean time see if I can pop some of the parts on my MT2

Wow did a search on google seems RCU already reviewed it under its original form (found it out on another forum)lol
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=794
same exact layout, wheels, and engine just different colored aluminum parts,and shell
Old 12-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

I like the shocks. That is a nice set up for an st. Looks like it will compete against the Losing Ten.
The dual shocks are gonna suck. There is absolutitely no reason you need 8 shocks on your car. Compete how? That car is a HB Lightening 10 which itself wasn't very good at being a 1:10 4wd ST. The Losi is a mini 8ight while this design is years old. I see no competation other than price.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:48 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

The dual shocks are gonna suck. There is absolutitely no reason you need 8 shocks on your car. Compete how? That car is a HB Lightening 10 which itself wasn't very good at being a 1:10 4wd ST. The Losi is a mini 8ight while this design is years old. I see no competation other than price.
I kinda agree with this. Its a 1/10 ST and seeing it looks similar to the MT2 I'm going to guess its under 10lbs. I've never seen my MT2 shocks compress far enough to warrant 2 shocks per tire, this is especially true with the thick tires which will absorb a god chunk of the impact.

I wish HPI would make something new and original under their name not just recycle old outdated, discontinued, and failed hot bodies designs like they have been recently.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I kinda agree with this. Its a 1/10 ST and seeing it looks similar to the MT2 I'm going to guess its under 10lbs. I've never seen my MT2 shocks compress far enough to warrant 2 shocks per tire, this is especially true with the thick tires which will absorb a god chunk of the impact.

I wish HPI would make something new and original under their name not just recycle old outdated, discontinued, and failed hot bodies designs like they have been recently.
8 shocks is what some mfg's put on their basher cars to make newbies think, "Wow, that car has 8 shocks while the other one only has 4!" It might sound stpud, but alot of people think that way.

The only good HB design is their D8/D8T series.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry this is kinda off topic, but if it's a 4wd ST, wouldn't that just be a truggy?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Trugies are really a blurry line
Most people say true truggies have a center Diff

The MT1 and MT2 are classified as 4wd Stadium trucks (even though some say their truggies)
They have no center Differential and look a fair bit like this but better laid out (IMO)

Most true truggies are 1/8th scale from my understanding.

Now the electric one doesn't look that bad and might be a success seeing theres a big hole in the 1/10th 4wd electric ST Truck area as long as HPI doesn't decide to completely abandon it like the Brama 10b and cyber 10b after it comes out.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

8 shocks is what some mfg's put on their basher cars to make newbies think, ''Wow, that car has 8 shocks while the other one only has 4!'' It might sound stpud, but alot of people think that way.

The only good HB design is their D8/D8T series.
Well ater some further looking and some thought process I have to agree with you as well. I just cant see an 8 shock set up on my GT or my Jato. There is no point to it. And you are absolutely correct. I was going by what my eyes saw. Oh wow 8 shocks I like. That was my inicial reaction and I am no newb. So if I fell for it I can just imagine a newb going crazy over it. I agree that they need to come out with something fresh and new.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
mousecritter
My Feedback: (3)

Any word on price? I'm guessing around $350 range for the flux and nitro version based on the price of the MT2.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Nope HPI's US site doesn't mention it even.

I'll be honest I'm only interested in the flux edition, seeing the Nitro one is so close to a MT/MT2 there is no real upgrade on it. In all truth it almost looks like the nitro one has a more complicated, harder to work on layout then the MT2 without any perks that would warrant it(well outside the orange aluminum looking bling plate the servos attached to ).

1st thing I'd do though is take 4 shocks off and save them as spares, aint HPI nice to give 2 sets of shocks
Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM
bronx boy

hey guys im a old timer there is a saying that everything old is new again .i have a hotbodies lgt gt 10 paid 199.00 when ultimate hobbies was trying to get rid of them believe me this was and is a little tough truck in 3 years all i had was a bent front dog bone and the preasure pin spring on the crank shaft go bad if its half as good as the gt10 it will be a little beast
Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

bronx it is a lightening GT10 with a diff body and diff colored anodized parts

if you still have the GT10 when this hits the shelves your gonna get parts support again
Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 PM
bronx boy

hey bud you are rigt after seeing it it is my lgt gt 10 reincarnated .hey lets face it hpi and hot bodies are just like general motors all there stuff comes from the same suppliers so thers not much difference it there designs
Old 12-27-2009, 05:14 PM
nitro-rob

I am glad to see this - I was tempted by a used lightning a few months ago and backed off because it was discontinued. A buddy of mine from here predicted it would turn up in the HPI lineup. I am selling my MT2 and RS4 (not related to the bullets release) because the design is outdated and its they are losing my interest.

Hot Bodies is the HPI high end line, its not a surprise that the technology trickles down to their more common line.