Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

new jato

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new jato

hey guys im thinking about getting a new jato,i was just wondering if there are after market engine options for it besides the 3.3? i have had 3 different 3.3's in my tmaxx and im not a fan of them at all,i have had nothing but bad luck with thosefinickylil buggers...i was almost ready to give up until i upgraded to a picco red dot......so if you guys could tell me what other engine options there is and which one would work the best that would be great or would you guys suggest a hpi nitro firestorm??.........thanx in advance scott!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Mspeed

Default RE: new jato

OS .21tm, or a OS .18TZ. Both great motors for the jato.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
MPevine11

dont bother with a jato.... get a revo! im tellin you man youll regret it
Old 04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

lol well i already have a tmaxx that will spank a stock revo in every way possible,so it would be pointless for me to buy a revo..............what about an hpi firestorm? would i regret that too?......lol
Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a few pics of my Jato with an OS .21TM. No regrets at all. No regrets.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:09 PM
MPevine11

ORIGINAL: Mr Max Wheelie

lol well i already have a tmaxx that will spank a stock revo in every way possible,so it would be pointless for me to buy a revo..............what about an hpi firestorm? would i regret that too?......lol
i dont see a stock t-maxx beging better then a stock revo in any way.......

EDIT:
about the fire storm: i would never buy one only because its HPI. only thing i would buy from them is BAJA 5b
Old 04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

my tmaxx is far from stock,i think the only original part left on it is the chassis it self.....and actually givin the weight advantage the tmaxx has over a revo the tmaxx isslightly faster rite outta the box then the revo(proven in a best 2 of 3 heads up drag race the day i bought my maxx and the day my buddy bought his revo)........but this isnt a monster truckforum..lol............ my mind is made up, now that i know i can ditch the POS 3.3 and put an o.s engine ini will be buying a jato for sure!!!
ORIGINAL: MPevine11

EDIT:
about the fire storm: i would never buy one only because its HPI. only thing i would buy from them is BAJA 5b
Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

sweet looking jato quietnas1!! what pipe and street tire and rim combo are u running?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:10 PM
MPevine11

my tmaxx is far from stock,i think the only original part left on it is the chassis it self.....and actually givin the weight advantage the tmaxx has over a revo the tmaxx is slightly faster rite outta the box then the revo(proven in a best 2 of 3 heads up drag race the day i bought my maxx and the day my buddy bought his revo)........but this isnt a monster truck forum..lol............ my mind is made up, now that i know i can ditch the POS 3.3 and put an o.s engine in i will be buying a jato for sure!!!
ORIGINAL: MPevine11

EDIT:

all depends on either driver.............
( id take a revo over a t-maxx any day, and a revo over a jato any day )
Old 04-11-2010, 09:40 AM
quietnas1

sweet looking jato quietnas1!! what pipe and street tire and rim combo are u running?
Thanks alot for the compliment. The pipe is a Buku Pipe hooked up to an HPI RS4 header. The street tires and wheels already come together. They are Jaco foams. You can find them on TowerHobbies.com. the dirt tires are Proline 30 series Badlands and the rims I forgot what they are called but they are also from Proline.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:18 PM
jasytosy

i got a picco .26 in my jato its awesome but it takes alot of drillin to get it in lmoa so id go for a smaller engine like the os maybe
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 PM
quietnas1

.26? How did you make that fit? Awesome!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 PM
FNR156

poo

Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 AM
jasytosy

well i had to drill out the holes in the chassis and take the centre compartment out and also part of the transmission support brace thing lol erm its taken about 3 months to actual get it properly working reliably but now it works with everythin original exept the engine mount and it runs of an ez start aswell which is cool but id say if i were to it again id stick with an engine tht fits straight in, its too much hassle an not worth it tbh