RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/10048613-nitros-suck-bad-wow-really-bad.html)

djyjrlz 01-02-2011 07:22 AM

RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

+1 ^^^  Its not about speed its about the concept of a scale working combustion engine. tinkering is a main part of the hobby and those who say it is a pain aren't really fully involved in the car

1ofmyfuns 01-02-2011 09:53 AM

Very well said.....and you did with very few words!
Much better than I did above with the mini book of personal opinions.....LOL

ORIGINAL: djyjrlz

+1 ^^^ Its not about speed its about the concept of a scale working combustion engine. tinkering is a main part of the hobby and those who say it is a painaren'treally fully involved in the car

PrjctStrtFrce 01-02-2011 12:01 PM

Wow, this thread lasted longer than I thought it would. Lots of good points though. :D

First car when I was 14 was a Duratrax Street Force GP...went through loads of hop-ups, and is now in near mint condition and on the shelf, while my Savage X, XL, MT2, RS4 3, and Brushless mini E-Revo take the action. [8D] The X has close to five gallons on the original motor, while the XL which I built from scratch has about 2 gallons on a LRP30. The MT2 and RS4 3 were my winter projects that are NIB clean and both have OS18CVR motors in them and awaiting spring to run them. The mini E-Revo is quite fun, but shooting the thing down the street close to 60mph back and forth gets boring...it's fun when I used it as a ramp for my Savages :D

electricrc68 01-02-2011 02:26 PM

i like electric, but i won't complain about nitro. i tried one and i couldn't take it, but hey face it not everyone has the skill to own and run a nitro. :)

1ofmyfuns 01-02-2011 06:01 PM

Amen.... <font color="#00265e" size="2">electricrc68</font> and some people probably like Electrics because they are less of a hassle to them for whatever reason even though I'm sure some of the electric guys could do Nitro if that is what they were in too.

I like the electric RTF Foamy planes.....because they're less expensive and easy to just take out and fly for a bit and then your done, no clean up and not many concerns, I dont care if a plane is loud and super fast, to me they're just fun and relaxing toys.

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

i like electric, but i won't complain about nitro. i tried one and i couldn't take it, but hey face it not everyone has the skill to own and run a nitro. :)

saucySavy 01-03-2011 02:37 PM

LOL
I have always been the guy who comes home from the dump with a new lawnmower or snowblower to fix up. It just sounds to me like somebody doesnt really know what their doing. I love the mess and work that comes with it! you can even buy stuff that makes your exhaust smell like caramel or cotton candy</p>

saucySavy 01-03-2011 02:44 PM

+1 ^^^ Its not about speed its about the concept of a scale working combustion engine. tinkering is a main part of the hobby and those who say it is a painaren'treally fully involved in the car
Oh and this is a perfect way to put it! i forgot to mention this. its amazing to think howa 40,000 rpm motor with a dime sized piston, can stay together to push a 14 pound savage to 50 mph

cswtornado 01-03-2011 03:12 PM

This thread makes me lol.
I like screwing with the engines and the noise and smoke almost as much as I like driving it. My friend has an electric, mostly because he saw me messing with my F4.6 and didn't think he'd like it, I supported him all da way. The point is, electric and nitro rc drivers are NOT enemies! I have fun with my buddy even thouh he can pull 20 MPH past my Savage, he realizes that it's in a different class and we just bash. Flame topics like this will just get people to flame you and do not encourage happy enjoyment of the hobby by both nitro and electric runners.

&lt;meta charset="utf-8"><u><br type="_moz" /></u></meta&gt;

ZeroKelvin 01-04-2011 03:48 PM

I like RC cars, that's the reason we all come here, because we like "RC" cars. Power choice is secondary, no need todebatewhich is better,it's a moot point. Nitro vs. electric? I have both, and they BOTH rock!

Argess 01-04-2011 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ZeroKelvin

I like RC cars, that's the reason we all come here, because we like ''RC'' cars. Power choice is secondary, no need to debate which is better, it's a moot point. Nitro vs. electric? I have both, and they BOTH rock!
Well....not quite true. I like model engines. The only reason I picked cars/trucks/buggies is because I'm a really bad pilot and spent way too much time repairing airplanes.....and sometimes they wern't even repairable.

So for me it's all about the engine.

But I respect the fact that people are different and like different things. Yet, I still agree with:

+1 ^^^ Its not about speed its about the concept of a scale working combustion engine. tinkering is a main part of the hobby and those who say it is a pain aren't really fully involved in the car

bigdogkanicsar 01-04-2011 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Argess

I like RC cars, that's the reason we all come here, because we like ''RC'' cars. Power choice is secondary, no need to debate which is better, it's a moot point. Nitro vs. electric? I have both, and they BOTH rock!
Well....not quite true. I like model engines. The only reason I picked cars/trucks/buggies is because I'm a really bad pilot and spent way too much time repairing airplanes.....and sometimes they wern't even repairable.

But I respect the fact that people are different and like different things. Yet, I still agree with:

+1 ^^^ Its not about speed its about the concept of a scale working combustion engine. tinkering is a main part of the hobby and those who say it is a pain aren't really fully involved in the car

i have to agree with this.

i too am fascinated with the tiny opperation of these nitro mills

ZeroKelvin 01-04-2011 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Argess

But I respect the fact that people are different and like different things.
I hadn't thought about it that way, but I see where you're coming from. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit more on the subject.

I will firmly stand by one of my beliefs,and that is thatI believe theargument between nitro and electric is moot. I like themboth, but given a choice wouldlean towards nitro, and of course some may lean towards electric. Either way you go, it's all good. It's all about having fun.

Argess 01-04-2011 05:49 PM

It's all about having fun.
Now there's something we should all be able to agree on.

basketballfan60123 01-04-2011 06:25 PM

Oh and this is a perfect way to put it! i forgot to mention this. its amazing to think how a 40,000 rpm motor with a dime sized piston, can stay together to push a 14 pound savage to 50 mph
[/quote]
This is one of the best responses; my brother (automotive mechanic) said the same thing.
I own both an electric savage (Flux) and a nitro savage and I like them equally the same and especially now that I am picking up the nitro tuning and maintenance thing.
My electric brushless savage does have more torque and as is faster but I love the sound of the nitro engine and the smell of burning fuel

378 01-04-2011 08:41 PM

People like me will buy' em up and enjoy 'em. And hey, just as a protip: I get more of a grin just hearing mine idle than I ever have watching or driving an electric. Sure brushless is faster, I won't deny that, but in the end I don't care either. Glow or gas only. So you have fun running rings around the nitro guy. Just don't whine when your batteries are dead in 10 minutes flat and you're stuck recharging while that nitro guy needs only stop for two seconds to refill his tank.

rc awesome 01-07-2011 04:25 PM

Its all about having fun. Tuning is a pain and its not fun when there is something wrong with your nitro, but fixing it is the best. The feeling is so rewarding when you solve a problem. Nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing a screaming nitro motor rippin' up the back yard :D

electricrc68 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

rc is about fun, not who has the loudest engine, who has the most speed, and whos rc car/plane/heli/boat is more powerful. just pick up your nitro or electric; whichever you prefer; and have fun!

OvalRacer99 01-14-2011 09:37 PM

I absolutly LOVEnitro. My wife gets turned on by the smell of nitro exaust and that is a big bonus for me!!!!!!

PrjctStrtFrce 01-15-2011 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

I absolutly LOVE nitro. My wife gets turned on by the smell of nitro exaust and that is a big bonus for me!!!!!!

What about the vibrations? [8D]

rc awesome 01-15-2011 02:57 PM

Put this thread to bed! Please!

xplayer930 01-20-2011 06:13 PM

Electric is good for planes/Helis....Cars, not so much, your full power depletes as soon as you punch it...Electric cost way more as well, and besides I can fuel rite back up and not have to wait for some stupid battery to charge.....Electric is for people with no tunning skills......Sorry but its the truth.

quietnas1 01-20-2011 10:29 PM

I can't beleive this thread is stiil alive lol.

ThunderbirdJunkie 01-20-2011 11:32 PM

ThunderbirdJunkie skipped the 5 pages of replies, but for 1/10 gas truck vs 1/10 stadium truck or short course, there is VERY little power difference noticeable to the user.

ThunderbirdJunkie's .12TR powered XXX-NT AD2 is no faster or slower than his Castle Mamba Max/4600-powered XXX-SCT. The short course truck runs just as hot, too...and requires more upkeep.

GAS TRUCK FOREVER! BEST CLASS EVER. Let's just hope Associated and Losi and Kyosho bring out hybrid versions of their short course trucks combined with their 2wd gas trucks and bring us nitro 2wd short course trucks[8D]

How about everybody with a nitro 2wd stadium truck shows up to their local track EVERY SINGLE WEEK wanting to enter? And if they won't let you because "not enough people", talk to the racers; especially if 1/8 scale is running. Tons of 1/8 guys run 1/8 scale because there's not enough interest in 1/10 gas truck, and a good portion of them STILL have gas trucks...

You see where ThunderbirdJunkie is going with this?

1ofmyfuns 01-21-2011 04:03 AM

Most all of the hard core RC guys around here where I live go Nitro for most all of their stuff, many do have 2 or 3 electrics that they use for when they feel like just playing around with an easy to operate neat toy, which of coarse is fine, not a thing in the world wrong with that, but the internal combustion engine has NO replacement with any electric set up for most hard core RC Hobby people, that fact is not really all that contraversial in my opinion, it's just truth for the majority.......I didn't say all but most.

I say get and play with what ever you enjoy and have the skills for either way, I have been thinking about getting myself one of those little 1/24th scale Redcat sumos just for playing around with in the house but for outside, you just cant beat the smell of Methanol/Nitro/Castor burning in the morning, noon or night.............

I like-em all but Nitro is in my opinion the best way to actually experience your RC vehicle, great sound, great smell, and great visual of that beautiful trail of blue smoke as it goes by, which can happen with an electric also but smell and smoke on the electric is for sure a bad thing that happens as it's telling you it needs a couple hundred more $$$'s thrown it's way...........! LOL

They're all fun and very enjoyable to all of us who enjoy them no matter if they are powered by Fuel/Electric or just have a string for pulling them around........there is something out there for us all and we can all have good clean fun with friends, family or just by ourselves with all the choices we have now days.

Happy RC-in to all, lets all remember how blessed we really are to even have the freedom and oportunity to enjoy something like this sport/hobby, and just be very thankful to our source of blessing for life, liberty and the pursute of happiness!

Peace, ShanG.

supac 01-25-2011 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Geeeeez another one of these threads..... Sounds like you don't know what your doing. I've been into every aspect of RC for 20 years, i have run about everything. They both have their ups and downs. Helis i prefer electric, planes either or, cars and trucks its gotta be nitro, boats i like either or as well. I get bored quite fast with electric cars and trucks, and for me, half the fun is wrenching on them. Its fine if you like electric better, but don't come on a forum bashing nitro.... No matter how fast electrics get, nitro will NEVER go away. Besides, i'm just waiting for the next big leap in our little nitro screamers. Technology isn't limited to only electric.....
Well put.

I am a Heli guy, and used to race electrics years ago. I just bought an old Jato 2.5 as my first nitro, and naturally I am really looking forward to the visceral experience of Nitros. And yes electrics on cars and trucks are just plain boring, I wouldn't have gone back to ground hugging if wasn't for the Nitro experience.

I guess it is not a dying breed after all, I am sure the Nitro's will make a come back, when these guys that went electrics miss the Nitro experience.