RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   New Member like to introduce my truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/11413864-new-member-like-introduce-my-truck.html)

spool1387 02-17-2013 07:01 PM

New Member like to introduce my truck

Alright as i said im a new member to this site actually first time for anything like this. Name is James, intrested in nitro trucks right now running 2 nitro firestorms and still running my first car a tamiya mini but for now this is my main truck i run. HPI Firestorm 10T with a couple mods, let me know what you guys think.

Mods:
Integy Front & Rear arms.
Integy Front bumper.
Integy Lower bulkhead.
Team Blue Star big bore shocks Front & Rear.
Extreme Racing Front shock tower.
K&N air filer.
Pro-line racing Edge Front tires.
Pro-line racing Gladiator 2 Rear tires.
Pro-line Paddles in the Rear.
Axial 2.2 Black chrome Beadlock wheels.

<br type="_moz" />

spool1387 02-17-2013 07:04 PM

RE: New Member like to introduce my truck

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason Pics didnt post but il try again.

echthelion 02-17-2013 09:22 PM

looks goodhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif reminds me mine realy needsa new body and tires
my first hobby grade was a firestorm 10t. 2 years and 6gallons later(original engine) still going strong

as my first rc i pumped money into it lol
my upgrades

RPM front/rear arms
RPM front/rear bearing hubs
RPM wide front bumper
STRC alum front/rear shocks
STRC front alum c-hub
Hitec 645 steering servo
Hot bodies alum steering arm
HPI 21t clutch bell
HPI TiNi F/R shock shafts
Pro-Line Dirt Hawgs II rear tires near bald tho

how do the beadlocks hold up? im in need of new tires/wheels and i suck at glueing :)

p.s. think your paddles are on the wrong way

jleblanc 02-18-2013 06:43 AM

Looks good Bud!   Welcome to the site, I'm kinda a noob too...But was lurkin in the shadows of this site for a while before taking the plunge..It's definatly a great site and a bunch of good people on here. I've bought 2 Trucks so far off here and the people were awesome to deal with throughout the whole sale.<div>
</div><div>Joe</div>

spool1387 02-18-2013 07:55 AM

Thanks<font face="verdana, arial"><span style="font-size: 11px;">echthelion, just picked up a new body couple weeks ago HPI Ram body excited to get this thing painted up and get it on the truck. First run on sand didnt realize they were on backwards till just recently looking at pics of other trucks even backwards they were fantastic lol cant wait till the summer to try out the proper fitment of the tires! :)

Beadlocks havnt been long, only ran once or twice and they held up just fine and look awesome on the truck.

Might run it today father just bought a HPI</span></font>MT2, gunna do some winter tuning.<font face="verdana, arial"><span style="font-size: 11px;">
<br type="_moz" /></span></font>

spool1387 02-18-2013 07:58 AM

Thankyou Jlebanc, ive been stalking the site a little for couple months checking out other peoples trucks &amp; cars. i dont know if im gunna buy any more trucks right now but at least if i bought a truck i do belive i wouldnt have to worry about the people.

SyCo_VeNoM 02-18-2013 01:48 PM

Nice truck only thing I would do is ditch the aluminum arms as arms being aluminum is generally a terrible idea :(
I know the phase though when I had my 1st truck(HPI MT2) I pimped it out to high hell with aluminum arms, shock towers, etc... But the aluminum arms after a few runs of hitting some mild bumps, and jumping off a curb here and there tore the hinge where the arms connect to the chassis up big time. Reason this happened was the aluminum arms do not deflect the kinetic energy like plastic do when they flex. Instead aluminum arms transfer, and amplify the energy to the next weakest part which would be the hinge point where they connect to the chassis.

BTW kinda reminds me of how I started 2 of the same HPI truck, as I mentioned mine were HPI MT's ;)

Also quick tip Integy parts are generally not very good, and should be steered clear of. Reason they are not that good is the majority are cast aluminum which are relatively weak, and bend relatively easy or will just plain break :( But like I said earlier a good chunk of people go through the aluminum craze til they learn what works, and in a way is a very valuable(albeit expensive) learning experience ;)

spool1387 02-22-2013 07:03 AM

Thanks syco, i ve herd that in the past and i decided if i had any real problems i would replace with rpm parts as i her they were the best and most duarbable for right now shes doing very well and all parts are holding up .. well the carbon front shock tower got a bit banged up when i lost control of and it went top speed up a curb and into the side of a house .. :( other then that everything is holding up very well.

spool1387 02-22-2013 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As of last weekend i finally got the truck out and about and took on a new project figured id update with a new pic of the truck and a pic of the new project, the project is well im not sure on the year but its a Kyosho 1/8 vanning... at least this is what ive come to beleive it is,

The truck was past onto my dad and i a while ago ... many many years ago we had it running before with a duratrax maximum clutch &amp;spure gear then not knowing what this thing was we referd to it as the sand buggy.... the other day my mother found it hiding in storage its in pretty crappy shape so im not sure how or even where to begin with trying to restore this truck.
As said here is the firestorms current set up. and a quick shot of the Vanning.<br type="_moz" />

adam911 03-01-2013 01:44 AM

nice pictures. I was also looking for an RC car truck like this. but I didn't find it,

lilbrett 04-18-2013 01:22 AM

Nice truck man. As stated before, I would recommend replacing the Integy parts with RPM ones, RPM are made of an extremely durable nylon blend. They can take some serious abuse and will flex instead of passing the force of an impact to another (possibly more expensive) part. I would also suggest swapping the K&amp;N filter for a MotorSaver one (or stock), the K&amp;N is great for "bling" while it's stored but they don't stop the really small particles. These engines are so small that the smallest amount of dirt (probably not able to see it) can destroy them. Not bashing you or anything man, just offering some advice based off of my experience. We would actually try to talk people out of the aluminum parts when they wanted us to order them, but in the end, it was their money so if they still wanted them, we'd order the parts......and then get the RPM ones after the aluminum bent and broke other parts.

SyCo_VeNoM 04-23-2013 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: lilbrett

Nice truck man. As stated before, I would recommend replacing the Integy parts with RPM ones, RPM are made of an extremely durable nylon blend. They can take some serious abuse and will flex instead of passing the force of an impact to another (possibly more expensive) part. I would also suggest swapping the K&N filter for a MotorSaver one (or stock), the K&N is great for ''bling'' while it's stored but they don't stop the really small particles. These engines are so small that the smallest amount of dirt (probably not able to see it) can destroy them. Not bashing you or anything man, just offering some advice based off of my experience. We would actually try to talk people out of the aluminum parts when they wanted us to order them, but in the end, it was their money so if they still wanted them, we'd order the parts......and then get the RPM ones after the aluminum bent and broke other parts.
sounds like a guy that used to work at my LHS he ALWAYS tried talking people out of the integy stuff telling them it was complete crap (literally he would say that). One guy asked if its so crappy why sell it, he said its for the people that can't listen to reason, and just want to make their truck go bling bling so they sell it so they get the cash instead of tower. Shop went drastically downhill since they got rid of him :(

spool1387 04-27-2013 07:28 PM

Thanks Lilbrett,Been some time since ive been on the site or even running the trucks for that matter working on a promotion so hobbie is kinda on the back burner at least for now. however thankyou all for for the comments i did consider the RPM parts i figured as i spend most of my time on the beach i wasnt too conserned and all the parts are holding up well so we shall see how it goes and il take it from there i guess when it happens, but thankyou i take every comment suggestion into consideration its not a a cheap hobby so the rpm would be the better buy but for now were gunna keep the integy part on her.