RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -Official Traxxas JATO Thread- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/2913862-official-traxxas-jato-thread.html)

quietnas1 03-25-2010 08:27 PM

RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

I think the Traxxas steel CVD's or axles are the best. As far as a radio I'm still on Futaba AM radios.

4tec_buoy 03-26-2010 08:41 AM

the CVD are constant velocity drive , basically it transfer more power directly to the wheels since they do not flex under stress condition and things like that!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXJS2&P=7
the MIP are like 30 buck but the traxxas one 45! exect for the little rubber protection on the traxxas ones I don t know why they are better !

for the radio If you want to go 2.4GHz I would recommend spektrum radio, I have the DX3 and it works pretty good !

4tec_buoy 03-26-2010 08:48 AM

how fast have you guys reach with your jato ?

4tec_buoy 03-26-2010 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: JatoSan

ORIGINAL: 4tec_buoy

5. upper and lower bulkhead ( are those fragile? should I need extras for the whole seasons?)

I use aluminum upper bulkhead. Integy works real well but I would stick to composite lower bulckhead as it keeps front end a bit flexible. If you want to go aluminum on lower bulkhead don't use integy. Also for strength, I would get this triangle brace (right in front of gas tank in picture) which you can find from New Era. They also make it in carbon.

[img][/img]
Do you have the link to buy it ? I can t find it on the new era model website !

quietnas1 03-26-2010 11:45 AM

how fast have you guys reach with your jato ?
I've had mines up to 73mph. I strapped my phone to it and it has a GPS speedo on it. I will try an get video but my cam corder took a crap befpre Christmas so I got to buy a new one. But my PS3 purchase comes first.

delorean123 03-29-2010 01:18 PM

Hi all....Just your typical newbie question I guess....I have a Jato with the 2.5 on it....It ran great last year...now this year..It starts perfectly with no issues....Seems like as soon as it gets up to operating temperature it quits and won't restart...(Until it's cooled down again)....So..I thought that maybe the engine was pooched...So I went out and bought another 2.5 engine,,(Used...but good compression)....and am having the exact same results.....???
I'm stumped...any ideas or help would be really appreciated...

MPevine11 03-29-2010 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: stinkypinky

i will say this...the msr6 piggyback shocks integy makes are straight crap.theyre leaky and the shock cap constantly vibrates loose.warning for anyone thinking about purchasing them.

DISAGREE!
i had them on my jato and they worked great. actually going to get some for my revo soon! they worked amazing for me make sure they are tight or maybe yours has manfacture defect

quietnas1 03-29-2010 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: delorean123

Hi all....Just your typical newbie question I guess....I have a Jato with the 2.5 on it....It ran great last year...now this year..It starts perfectly with no issues....Seems like as soon as it gets up to operating temperature it quits and won't restart...(Until it's cooled down again)....So..I thought that maybe the engine was pooched...So I went out and bought another 2.5 engine,,(Used...but good compression)....and am having the exact same results.....???
I'm stumped...any ideas or help would be really appreciated...
You could have an air leak that gets worse as the engine gets hotter. Try and seal them up and see how they run afterwards.

spartacuslv 03-29-2010 11:27 PM

If I get moab tires do I have to change the shift point on my truck? I think i read that somewhere because of the hieght it makes it shift to soon or to late I forget.

delorean123 03-30-2010 08:43 AM

What do you mean seal it up..???

quietnas1 03-30-2010 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: delorean123

What do you mean seal it up..???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCBId...=youtube_gdata

Check out this video. It goes into detail on how to seal your engine.

spartacuslv 04-02-2010 08:51 PM

I was looking for some moab tires and Tower Hobbies has them as discontinued. Does any know of who has them and the traxxas dished wheels? Thanks for the help.

JatoSan 04-03-2010 02:03 AM

5. upper and lower bulkhead ( are those fragile? should I need extras for the whole seasons?)

I use aluminum upper bulkhead.Integy works real well but Iwould stick to composite lower bulckhead as it keeps front end a bit flexible. If you want to go aluminum on lower bulkhead don't use integy.Also for strength, Iwould get this triangle brace (right in front of gas tank in picture)which you can find from New Era. They also make it in carbon.

[img][/img]

My mistake 4tec_buoy.Igot that brace from a company called Agressive Technologies. Here is the link:

http://www.aggressivetechnologies.co...;maincat_id=10

They also make swaybar mounts for RPMarms which Ithought was kinda cool. Ithink new era also has these braces but theydon't look the same although they do have one that is carbon fibre.

JatoSan 04-03-2010 02:11 AM

Hey Quietnas here is a link that may interest you for that all aluminum project you are working on. These servo caps look awesome.

http://www.aggressivetechnologies.co...p?maincat_id=2

Let me know what you think.

P.S. Just finished rebuilding my transmission on the Savage. No more posts from me for a while on that forum. What a chore that was. Jato is still tops in my book.

JatoSan 04-03-2010 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: spartacuslv

I was looking for some moab tires and Tower Hobbies has them as discontinued. Does any know of who has them and the traxxas dished wheels? Thanks for the help.

Check out Horizon Hobby:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=PRO112002

They should also have dish wheels.If not check out traxxas or e-bay.

Good luck.

quietnas1 04-03-2010 07:28 PM

Hey Quietnas here is a link that may interest you for that all aluminum project you are working on. These servo caps look awesome.

http://www.aggressivetechnologies.co...p?maincat_id=2

Let me know what you think.

P.S. Just finished rebuilding my transmission on the Savage. No more posts from me for a while on that forum. What a chore that was. Jato is still tops in my book.
Thanks for the link. Glad you got the tranny on your Savage done. I know that thread was a bit difficult to deal with.

frit91 04-04-2010 09:29 PM

can anyonetell me why all of a sudden my jato 3.3 is destroying glow plugs? just put talon tires on it and it does alot of flipping and cartwheels now, is this why the filament in the plug keeps breaking? Also, it is sluggish on takeoff then comes alive and lifts the front skyward, any suggestions on how to get better throttle response? And once in awhile it stays in second gear after a high speed run and thens goes back to first after cracking the gas a few times. I need all the advice I can get

quietnas1 04-05-2010 07:28 AM

LSN for better throttle response. You may be burning plugs bcuz of running to lean. Or also running to rich. If your LSN is set to rich then fuel will puddle in your engine. That may be why when you take off its a bit sluggish then it comes alive toward the top. That will alsokill your glow plug. Go with a medium plug it will last longer also.

Massive690 04-07-2010 07:34 AM

Steering Bell Crank- I broke mine, is it worth the money to get an upgraded aluminum one? Looks like they run about $25-30 bucks. I'd prefer to save the money and just get a stock one, but if it is going to coninually break I guess it would be more cost effective to go ith aluminum.
What are your thoughts? Is this a freak occurrence or will this happen again? I wasnt bashing very hard, but I did lose control at WOT and flip into some bush/trees

jbrobertsonjr 04-07-2010 06:27 PM

dont waste your time on the stock one alu is the way to go on that

Massive690 04-08-2010 02:35 PM

Thanks bro, will do

JatoSan 04-12-2010 07:28 PM

OK I have heard different things from different people so I ask the experts here.

What is the best way to check whether your spur gear is on correctly?

4tec_buoy 04-13-2010 09:02 AM

I use aluminum upper bulkhead. Integy works real well but I would stick to composite lower bulckhead as it keeps front end a bit flexible. If you want to go aluminum on lower bulkhead don't use integy. Also for strength, I would get this triangle brace (right in front of gas tank in picture) which you can find from New Era. They also make it in carbon.

[img][/img]

My mistake 4tec_buoy. I got that brace from a company called Agressive Technologies. Here is the link:

http://www.aggressivetechnologies.co...&maincat_id=10

They also make swaybar mounts for RPM arms which I thought was kinda cool. I think new era also has these braces but they don't look the same although they do have one that is carbon fibre.
ha ok I see, no prob jatosan,
actually I have some carbon fiber left at my house I might try to make a custom one myself !

quietnas1 04-13-2010 05:04 PM

OK I have heard different things from different people so I ask the experts here.

What is the best way to check whether your spur gear is on correctly?
Do you mean if its meshing correctly with the teeth on the clutchbell? If so I just eye ball it. Never had an issue so far.

JatoSan 04-13-2010 10:02 PM

What's upQuietnas?

I mean how do I know it is not on too tight? I know its supposed to be loose so as not to damage transmission but I was just wondering if there is a good rule of thumb.</p>