RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -Official Traxxas JATO Thread- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/2913862-official-traxxas-jato-thread.html)

quietnas1 04-13-2010 10:26 PM

RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Whats good Jatosan? How you doing? Ok Im assuming you mean the slipper. What I do is tighten it all the way then back it out about 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn. I used to keep it tight all the time until I killed my tranny. Now my tranny has gone through a gallon and a half with no issues.

jbrobertsonjr 04-14-2010 06:37 AM

quietnas1 did u put metal or plastic gears in the tranny

JatoSan 04-14-2010 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Whats good Jatosan? How you doing? Ok Im assuming you mean the slipper. What I do is tighten it all the way then back it out about 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn. I used to keep it tight all the time until I killed my tranny. Now my tranny has gone through a gallon and a half with no issues.

Sorry, I meant the slipper. Thanks for the info. Iwill do that on my Jato.

quietnas1 04-14-2010 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

quietnas1 did u put metal or plastic gears in the tranny
I still run the plastic ones. The metal ones that I have found are crazy expensive,

jbrobertsonjr 04-14-2010 08:31 PM

thanks for the info,i now own 3 buku muffler one on a jato, mgt 8.0, schumacher menace all are awsome

quietnas1 04-15-2010 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

thanks for the info,i now own 3 buku muffler one on a jato, mgt 8.0, schumacher menace all are awsome
Im working on saving up to get one for my Savage. I was going to keep it stock but I just cant for some reason. LOL.

jbrobertsonjr 04-16-2010 04:28 PM

it made as much difference on the mgt 8.0 as it did on the jato ,but i have the buku outlaw it is awsome and u know theres no way to keep one stock

javsvt 04-20-2010 07:08 PM

Just got a Jato 3.3  for excellent deal, and was wondering if there is anyway to make this look like a touring car. If not, no problem, this freakin thing flies. But I have a TMAXX truck, so that would be for off-road, and this Jato mostly for street. Are there any bodies for it to make it look like a car? I think it would be tough because of the wide stance on it, but figured i'd ask. Thanks boys, and girls......

quietnas1 04-21-2010 02:19 PM

I have seen Porche bodies and Hot Rod bodies but they just look funny with the wheels all out.

JatoSan 04-22-2010 04:57 PM

You can check out the Traxxas forum they have a photo section where you can look at several pics of Jatos to get some ideas on a body. Ipersonally like the stock body the best.

JatoSan 04-22-2010 05:03 PM

I finally ordered a new bottom aluminum plate and Iupgraded to the anodized titanium. I ran my Jato into a curb a while ago and repaired everything but the bottom plate.I realized it was bent in the front and making the car veer left.

Hopefully, it wont be too difficult to change.</p>

quietnas1 04-22-2010 09:15 PM

Its not hard at all. The Jato comes apart in sections. The entire front assembly, the mid section (includes the top plate, gas tank, and electronics), and the entire rear end. It took me about 4 - 5 hrs to do everything when I switched to a new chassis cuz my Jato was squashed by a Honda Accord.

electric=lazy 04-24-2010 11:40 AM

wow i don't think i would have even tried a rebuild after it was it was ran over. That's my worst fear. Yeah, it takes no longer than twenty minutes to change the chassis plate unless you have a bolt that was stripped out like i did, Just one of them can cause you a huge headache.

JatoSan 04-25-2010 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: electric=lazy

wow i don't think i would have even tried a rebuild after it was it was ran over. That's my worst fear. Yeah, it takes no longer than twenty minutes to change the chassis plate unless you have a bolt that was stripped out like i did, Just one of them can cause you a huge headache.
Thats a good point about the screw.I have stripped a couple myself so I think I'm gonna go get one ortwo good tools before I start.My current tools are kinda cheap and they make it easier to strip the screws.

Hey quietnas1 I looked at your Jato rebuild thread and there is some good stuff there. Iam lucky I have not had my jato run over yet but my son and I really beat the heck out of it during the Summer. Iam hoping this new chassis will add a bit of strength.

electric=lazy 04-28-2010 12:58 PM

Yeah, if you want your hex screws to last you most definitely want to throw away the cheap allen wrenches traxxas gives you. You can get a cheap but good 10 piece tool set from duratrax for around 25 dollars. Has anyone here had any problems out of the 27 mhz AM receiver that came in the Jato 3.3 prior to the 2.4 ghz? I lost most of my telemetry out of no where and i know it's not the radio because i put another receiver in it and it was fine. Anyone had a similar problem?

quietnas1 04-28-2010 02:22 PM

Hey Jatoson. Whats good? Well the chassis I used is srtonger and lighter than the stock blue one. They use better grade aluminum on that chassis.

Electric=lazy I never had an issue with the stock electronics but I ended up replacing the RX with an old school Novak one and a Futaba AM TX.

electric=lazy 04-28-2010 04:01 PM

well, it just must just be mine. I bought a associated RC8 RS so my jato is about to go on the shelf for a little while any way. thanks though.

stinkypinky 04-29-2010 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[img][/img] my new set up

JatoSan 04-29-2010 08:16 PM

Hey Guys. I finally got my new bottom chassis and surprisingly, it took me less than 20 minutes to remove the old one and install new one.

I couldn't believe how simple it was. Here are the steps...

1. Remove lid and wheels, turn Jato upside down and remove all screws on the bottom chassis.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/IMG_3420.jpg

2. Lift old lid off bottom of car. (yeah it just comes right off)

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/IMG_3421.jpg

3. Clean dirt and debris from bottom of Jato by brushing lightly and then cleaning with damp cloth or Nitro Clean. Be careful not to move things around too much as nothing is stable.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/IMG_3425.jpg

4. Slide new bottom chassis plate onto bottom of Jato.  

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/IMG_3423.jpg

New plate aligns exactly as it should on each hole.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/IMG_3424.jpg

5. Reattach screws and you are done.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...n/IMG_3428.jpg

Again, I couldn't believe how easy this was. I even took the opportunity to change the screws from the stock black ones to the stainless steel ones from RC Screwz. It gives it a nice look with this chassis.

quietnas1 04-29-2010 09:05 PM

Hah holy shizzz man. Great work. That was easy. When I did mines I had to remove broken parts and stuff but never really ralized it was that easy.

JatoSan 04-30-2010 01:53 AM

Hah holy shizzz man. Great work. That was easy. When I did mines I had to remove broken parts and stuff but never really ralized it was that easy.
Your project was much harder quietnas1.You were rebuilding your Jato so I know you had your work cut out for you.

Iwas lucky all I had to do was replace the bottom plate. If Ihad known it was that easy I would have upgraded a long time ago.

JatoSan 04-30-2010 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: electric=lazy

Hey electric=lazy, you were right on the money about the 20 minutes. Luckily there were no stripped screws.

quietnas1 04-30-2010 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: JatoSan

Your project was much harder quietnas1. You were rebuilding your Jato so I know you had your work cut out for you.

I was lucky all I had to do was replace the bottom plate. If I had known it was that easy I would have upgraded a long time ago.
Yeah I know but I still wish it was that easy for me. Well The Jato has been worry free, the Savage is getting new diffs, I ordered some more parts for my GT. Im giving it away to a good buddy of mines once its built and my RS4-2 is going to my nephew. So I will be down to 2 trucks. Just making room for new stuff just dont know what yet.

jbrobertsonjr 05-03-2010 07:20 PM

are u having problems with the savage ? i am having problem with my mgt 8.0 the bushing in the starter on the motor slide out and it quit ordered a new back plate and starter shaft shouldn be running fine also my jato is awsome learned how to tune the buku it awsome ,i now own 2 buku and one buku outlaw on the mgt 8.0 ,had not been on in a while wanted to say whats up to u quitenas1

Massive690 05-03-2010 08:21 PM

What do you guys think about the integy roll cage for the Jato? It doesnt look very cool but it is in my price range. I'd buy a new engine before I dropped $80 on a roll cage. Has anyone tried it?