RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   T-Maxx clutch bells on RC10GT????? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/3133277-t-maxx-clutch-bells-rc10gt.html)

Bryank930 07-03-2005 04:33 PM

T-Maxx clutch bells on RC10GT?????

I forgot where i heard it, but i heard that the T-Maxx Clutch bells work on the rc10gt?? If they do, how well do the bearings hold up??

Thanks,
Bryan

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-03-2005 11:01 PM

RE: T-Maxx clutch bells on RC10GT?????

as of right now i'm running a T-maxx flywheel, clutchbell, and clutch and clutch nut on my GT. it hooks up great and the bearings are holding up fine.

ICrashThings 07-04-2005 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

as of right now i'm running a T-maxx flywheel, clutchbell, and clutch and clutch nut on my GT. it hooks up great and the bearings are holding up fine.
same, how long you been running this? Ive been doing it for about a few years now, and I have had no problems. :D

Bryank930 07-04-2005 12:12 PM

I want to know if i can use just the bell, cause i just got my SSRC racing clutch, and it'd be a waste of money to go get the t-maxx setup when i just got that. Only reason im asking about just the bells is that my LHS stockpiles t-maxx stuff like the world is gonna end, and they have to order everything for my GT.

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-04-2005 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

same, how long you been running this? Ive been doing it for about a few years now, and I have had no problems. :D
since about the middle of last week.
I love it!
Turns out the FreeMaxx WAS good for somethin, lol
oh, and no, the clutchbell won't work by itself. the diameter is too big of the bell itself. it wouldn't grab, and both your clutch shoes AND your bell would get worn out.

AJ DRAGON 07-05-2005 02:44 PM

Hi

I have the SSRC racing clutch on my RC10GT, and they will give your truck a incredible boost of power & speed. Here are a few things you will want to do before driving your truck with them on it.

1. Make shier your clutch nut is on extremely tight.
2. Put a shim in between the flywheel and the clutch shoes, in other words put a thin washer on each of the pegs that hold the clutch shoes in place. This will allow all of your clutch shoe to make full contact with the Clutch Bell.

ICrashThings 07-05-2005 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

since about the middle of last week.
I love it!
Turns out the FreeMaxx WAS good for somethin, lol
oh, and no, the clutchbell won't work by itself. the diameter is too big of the bell itself. it wouldn't grab, and both your clutch shoes AND your bell would get worn out.
Cool, my lhs is all traxxas so they were wondering what they could do to fix my GT a few years ago...well, 3 engines later its still on there. :D

Plus the clutch shoes are big and have a sping, they actually work just as good as the MIP ones...

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-06-2005 12:53 AM

just as good? i hada 4-in-1 on my truck before, and this hooks WAY better mho.

ICrashThings 07-06-2005 08:04 AM

Well, i dont know, its been awhile since i ran a 4-n-1...What my truck really needs is brand new everything.[&:]

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-06-2005 02:10 PM

lol..I think i'm about to get rid of mine.

avg_joe 07-12-2005 04:07 PM

Do you think that the flywheel would stick thru on a tub chassis far enough for my starter box?
Is that setup heavier than the stock setup? That could help even out the low end for me too.

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-13-2005 04:21 AM

it's slightly heavier, and yes, I use a starter box for my GT (even though it does have a pullstart...)

avg_joe 07-14-2005 01:54 PM

Sounds like just the ticket...Thanx!

David D 07-14-2005 04:37 PM

Tbird your going to sell yor gt? If so i might actually know someone who would buy it from it you.

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-14-2005 04:47 PM

ev, yeah, plannin on it
I'm about to head out to the HS and put it up on consignment.

epicrc10 07-14-2005 09:18 PM

What all would I need to get to make a Traxxas CB work. I have a GT with the Epic... I am using the Traxxas cluth nut but that is all. I am having the hardest time finding CB Bearing to fit... ALso i have to trim the clutch shoes a little. It has worked fine untill recently when my CB Bearing went out. So any help would be great. Also I have the robinson racing stell CB and spur combo. Does that pose a problem if I switch over to a Traxxas CB? Thanx in advance

ThunderbirdJunkie 07-14-2005 10:59 PM

use the flywheel and clutch shoes and the clutchbell.

Drvrswntd 10-23-2006 11:57 PM

Which flywheel should I use if I am running a non pullstart motor and a starter box in a GT

dannthenitroman 10-24-2006 12:03 AM

The t maxx flywheel is a little too big, you have to either turn it down or shim the hell out of it.

Dann

collective itch 03-15-2018 03:29 AM

hell of bump, but anyone still running there GT's?