RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/3152289-official-xtm-x-cellerator-thread.html)

3evoman 04-06-2006 06:59 PM

RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

do u guys think the OS. 18 cv-rx will make it go faster than the stock speed of 45-50 ?

annie_himself 04-06-2006 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 3evoman

do u guys think the OS. 18 cv-rx will make it go faster than the stock speed of 45-50 ?
A .12 wil make i faster, it revs alot higher. The .18 will have more tourque.

Kemo 04-06-2006 09:44 PM

OS's .18 will be a LOT faster, more powerful and way more reliable.

3evoman 04-06-2006 11:17 PM

sweet i might jus take the stock engine right out when i first get it and put a os 18:D

Kemo 04-06-2006 11:31 PM

the XTM engine is a slug compared to the rabbit like OS engine. You'll need a new header though, a side exhaust style.

yznaction 04-11-2006 04:53 PM

ok,
i had a great idea as far as an x-cellerator conversion goes. Im going to install a solid axel in the rear and make it like a trophy truck. I havent decided on what transsmission to use yet, but ill get back to you guys later.

annie_himself 04-11-2006 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: yznaction

ok,
i had a great idea as far as an x-cellerator conversion goes. Im going to install a solid axel in the rear and make it like a trophy truck. I havent decided on what transsmission to use yet, but ill get back to you guys later.
Haha, try not to spin out!!
You will have to get a custom one most likely, I don't know of any RC that has a solid axle other than the Mad Force, X-Factor, TLT-1, and other crawlers, but there all 1/8. I would love to see the progress.

doyab 04-11-2006 06:40 PM

in this link engine PT18R01AS is that the stock engine in the x-cellerator [link]http://www.shengines.com/_private/Engines/sh_engine.htm[/link]

Kemo 04-11-2006 07:24 PM

Thats pretty much it. Sluggish engine for a .18.

yznaction 04-11-2006 09:35 PM

yeah, im going to use the pti goliath axels and a 3-speed transmission out of a savage. Its going to haul ass. In the end im going to have to do a bunch of fabrication, and build a new chassis plate, but it will be sick. Ill post pics when i start to get parts.

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-12-2006 12:45 AM

ORIGINAL: yznaction

ok,
whatever you've been smoking, i want some too.

"it's mostly maui wowie, but it's got some labrador in it too"

doyab 04-12-2006 03:22 AM

do you you think these would work [link]http://www.asiatees.com/display.php?id=248&brand=Team%20Losi&model=XXX-NT&pid=1[/link]

annie_himself 04-12-2006 06:30 AM

Hey doyab!! Its me from the bmx forum. They might work, not a bad price so try it.

doyab 04-12-2006 07:18 PM

yea i will sometime but i have to get other stuff at the moment new glow iginter ,motor saver airfilter , fuel tubing and fuel filter

rammol 04-12-2006 07:59 PM

what bumper is that off of??
and how did you put it on???
thanks

yznaction 04-12-2006 08:32 PM

nah dude, I like the way tropyh trucks look and run, and this lets me upgrade the transmission no problem. I never said it would be easy, but Im gona do it.

doyab 04-12-2006 08:40 PM

for the people that a graphite front shock tower i think this would work with little modifaction [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJE73&P=7[/link]

Kemo 04-12-2006 10:33 PM

hopefully thats thick enough if it DOES work. Would be nice to have a light but strong shock tower.

annie_himself 04-13-2006 06:38 AM

You will have to drill, the tower is too wide also. I have a sport and looking at the front shock tower and then comparing it to the XC's......ours is more compact and the Traxxas one would need a lot of cutting and drilling.

Kemo 04-16-2006 01:20 PM

Too much work for it to even fit. I'm talking to my buddy about making aluminum parts, since its what he does all his life and he is also a rc buddy of mine.

If we can find a deal on a cnc machine, we'll start cranking out parts for the Xcell to strengthen it up.

My truck pic is soon to be updated. Right when I grabbed the camera, the battery went dead. So far, i'm 6 for 6 on that happening.

Kemo 04-16-2006 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, its up and works! Not quite ready to run yet though!

rcdriv3r 04-16-2006 08:09 PM

HEY, SO FROM THE READING MOST OF THESE POSTINGS, IT SOUNDS LIKE ANYTHING FROM THE LOSI XXXNT WILL FIT THE X-C. IS THIS TRUE OR AM I READING IT WRONG? IF THATS THE CASE DOES THE BODY FROM THE LOSI FIT TOO, BC PERSONALLY I DONT REALLY LIKE THE LINES OF THE X-C BODY. (THATS JUST ME THOUGH)

OH AND ANOTHER THING....THE FLY WHEEL KEEPS COMING LOSE AND I CANT START THE TRUCK, SO I TIGHTEN THE SCREW ON THE END OF THE SHAFT (FORGOT WHAT ITS CALLED);) AND THEN IT PINCHES ON THE CLUTCH BEARING AND DOESNT ALLOW MY CLUTCH TO SPIN FREELY. THINK IVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM TAKING IT APART AND CLEANING EVERYTHING TO PUTTIN LOCK TIGHT ON THE SCREW, BUT DOESNT SEEM TO HELP. WHAT TO DO?

3evoman 04-16-2006 08:39 PM

AND WHY DO U HAVE TO TYPE ALL CAPS:)

rcdriv3r 04-16-2006 10:13 PM

JUST BC....TO BE DIFFERENT.LOL NO REASON FOR THE CAPS. WOULDNT HAPPEN TO KNOW OF ANYTHING FOR MY QUESTIONS DO YOU 3evoman ?

Kemo 04-16-2006 10:19 PM

many of the parts do, i'll let u know when i go for the purchases. BUT, since my truck was broken into, i have to balance my funds out for the next month.