RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/3152289-official-xtm-x-cellerator-thread.html)

rcdriv3r 04-17-2006 01:24 AM

RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

HEY KEMO WHAT BODY TYPE DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR PICTURED ABOVE?

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-17-2006 01:36 AM

looks to me like an XXXNT crowd pleazer.

sspower 04-17-2006 11:38 AM

Kemo 04-17-2006 12:01 PM

I still got a little bit of work to do to the chassis. needs aluminum rear arms, new diff, and maybe front arms too.

rammol 04-17-2006 07:09 PM

what things should (nothing unnessesary) i upgrade on my x-cell

Kemo 04-17-2006 07:53 PM

rear arms, the turnbuckles/ends.

annie_himself 04-18-2006 10:31 PM

You want the hubs too. The are another weak point and as a matter of fact I just recieved my RPM rod ends from HobbyPeople.

Bri570 04-21-2006 04:35 PM

Ok guys I bought a X-Cellerator last night RTR since I had to send my P.O.S. Duratrax Warhead in to Hobby Services to see if they can make it run. I broke it in this morning and I love this little truck it screams. :DIt looks so cool coming through the grass front wheels high in the air! I like the fact that it uses SAE screws instead of metrics although I did have to go buy some new allen wrenches to put the batteries in and check all the screws. (the Warhead is all metric) What I want to know is where I can get aftermarket hop-ups for this little surprise. I have read every page but its not real clear what fits and what dont. I dont want to buy new parts and have to mod them to make them fit I'm looking for direct fit bolt on stuff?? Can someone make a list or put up some links to places that have actual XC hop-up parts or is there such a thing?? First thing I want to is ditch the pull start for a roto.. so from what I read I need the one for Savage .21-.25 right? Would like to find Aluminum arms and just try to make it bullet proof if I can. Thanks in advance!

annie_himself 04-21-2006 08:47 PM

Hobbypeople.net will have the hop-ups. Rotostart, yes, the HPI will fit.

Bri570 04-21-2006 09:44 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! Man that stuff is spencive! would love to have that roll cage but not sure its worth $65! Its so nice havin a truck that dont break like my Warhead ! Had som pretty good tumbles and impacts and nothing broke really impressed me. And this thing is really quick i dont see how you guys can keep it on the ground with more powerful engines.

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-21-2006 10:23 PM

Bri...that's the art of driving an overpowered nitro stadium truck:D

that's why they're not all THAT popular...but the people that have 'em LOVE 'em;)

Bri570 04-21-2006 11:34 PM

All i know is i dont think you can beat this truck as far as bang for your buck ! Or spped for your greed!:D

Kemo 04-22-2006 09:16 AM

well, first race of the MN series starts today... unfortunately, i'm one of the suckers who has to work this weekend. Could of had the XCELL playin around at the track this weekend... but you know how that goes.

annie_himself 04-22-2006 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Bri570

Thanks for the quick reply! Man that stuff is spencive! would love to have that roll cage but not sure its worth $65! Its so nice havin a truck that dont break like my Warhead ! Had som pretty good tumbles and impacts and nothing broke really impressed me. And this thing is really quick i dont see how you guys can keep it on the ground with more powerful engines.
The roll cage is a bad idea. Weak spots and its weak itself.

crazydood47 04-23-2006 12:37 AM

well i just got my xcellerator today and didnt have time to break it in but i found that the mesh didnt look correctly,has anyone else seen that?

annie_himself 04-23-2006 01:06 AM

I've stripped about 6 of the spurs. Just set it tighter by moving the mounts over a tad.

ThunderbirdJunkie 04-23-2006 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: crazydood47

well i just got my xcellerator today and didnt have time to break it in but i found that the mesh didnt look correctly,has anyone else seen that?
the first thing you should check on ANY rtr. gear mesh.

crazydood47 04-23-2006 03:08 AM

okie dokie

Valve 04-23-2006 10:59 AM

Just wanted to share this tip with you guys. I also posted it on the global forum a while back. The stock front axles bend pretty easy, the Losi ones will not. They have taken so many hits but a still in perfect shape. The threads won't strip off them either. I highly recommend this.

LOSI Front axle upgrade:

First, drill out the knuckles with a 1/4 inch drill bit. You really aren't taking much off the knuckle, it should still have enough "meat" to remain durable. The Losi axles are just a little longer than stock. They will make the front tires come out an extra 3mm on each side, but not enough to make it noticeable. Why do this upgrade? The stock axles have proven to be a little too soft and will bend and break easily. The losi axles are much harder and shouldn't bend AT ALL. Mine are looking great and have survived some nasty wheel clips.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/826765/Axle1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/826765/Axle2.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/826765/Axle3.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/826765/Axle4.jpg

rcdriv3r 04-23-2006 09:22 PM

so i went to an actual dirt track today and found out that my truck doesn't have as much get up and go on the low end of the engine that i want it to. my question is whats the best set up for it to have great acceleration from a start(ex- comin out of a turn)? is it to have less teeth on the clutch and more on the spur gear or vise versa?

Kemo 04-23-2006 10:27 PM

get the Losi XXX-NT kevlar spur gear... and get the least amount of teeth on a cb you can find.

crazydood47 04-25-2006 01:14 AM

alright you guys said that the eveader arms will fit,and they do but they will only work till i get the right ones,because the wheel is totally sideways but thats ok only about 5 bucks,second i have my x-cell running at about 210 to 230 right now,but its blowing out VERY little smoke,is this o.k?

Valve 04-25-2006 10:15 PM

Run the truck about 5mph then just give it full throttle. If you don't see a nice trail of smoke for the first 5 feet then its not in good tune. Could be lean, but it can also be rich. Over rich engines won't leave a good smoke trail, and they still run warm because of the extra fuel running through, increasing the pressure in the sleeve.

Kemo 04-25-2006 10:23 PM

crazydood, take a pic of how your wheels look... i wanna see if we can counter that repair and make it back to normal.

crazydood47 04-26-2006 11:50 PM

you guys are gonna laugh but i dont know how to post pics[:@]Oh and its not running to hot because i can almost hold my finger on the cooling head with out burning it.And its going fast and blowing out smoke so id say its fine