RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/3152289-official-xtm-x-cellerator-thread.html)

Kemo 02-12-2006 10:46 PM

RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

There are more parts that will fit. Evader parts will, they are the same as the XX series trucks/buggies. You can drop on the graphite front AND rear hubs, steering knuckles, and front suspension arms from the evader. That makes going graphite cheaper too, i hear the Duratrax graphite is pretty tough.

ThunderbirdJunkie 02-13-2006 02:57 AM

SERIOUSLY?

*rolls dice* CMOOOOOOOOON next paycheck! two boxes are on their way!

gacjr0 02-13-2006 09:44 PM

The b4/t4/gt diff gear is right but the outdrives are just a hair too wide, the case wont screw together without pinching the diff. So the stock outdrives it is. I used a asc diff rebuild kit and resurfaced the stock rings; the diff is almost smooth now. The xxxnt rear arms and rear pivot block and body are all almost direct fits. Do you just place the losi 51t xxxnt spur in the slipper with the stock xtm slipper pads? The index tabs on the xtm are along the outer edge while the losi tabs are on the inner edge, with it all assembled it looks like it'll stay together is that right?

Kemo 02-14-2006 12:08 AM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

SERIOUSLY?

*rolls dice* CMOOOOOOOOON next paycheck! two boxes are on their way!
The xcellerator is a gem once it gets done up well. Plenty of parts fit, just gotta know where to look ;)

I'm gonna stock up on duratrax's graphite stuff for it (rear arms are a negative... just get XTM aluminum arms and aluminum hubs to fix the problem). Other than that, you balance the truck out pretty well and beef it up pretty nice by doing that. Use captured ends on the turnbuckles, it'll prevent many of dnf's. I hear XTM's ball cups are weak and even the turnbuckle it self is... but I HEARD that. I am still going to upgrade it [>:]

jaejw1 02-14-2006 09:13 PM

things i have done to mine and i know will fit..

losi springs.. a better fit thaN team assoc. losi spring fit perfect without binding

assoc diff gear.. and carbide balls.. must use assoc. diff ring... the diff gear ball holes are a different size and the stock bearings wont work.. and the stock ring wont work on the assoc gear..

assoc. idler gear..

also to fix the ball cups from coming off the rear chassis brace.. most common place for disconnection,, im using dubro capture links,, and since i have been using them i have noticed my speeds at the track to go way up.. not having to worry so much about landing PERFECTLY and im not wasting time fixing it.. another place to put the capture links are on the steering knuckle but that is an easy fix and those only come off when i hit a wall head on ...

but i would like to find a cvd that would fit besides xtm.. and to protect the diff outdrive tamiya makes this blade thing that fits on the end of the dogbone and uses the pins to allow swivel action while the bone spins and shocks are in action. it is just a small piece of plastic that fits over and onto the pins and slides into the outdrive for a perfect fit,,, reducing wear of the outdrive.. and only the "blade" gets damaged

Kemo 02-14-2006 11:00 PM

Well, I am guessing the Evader NT cvd's would fit it, or losi's xxxnt's. most of the truck is losi oriented ;)

ThunderbirdJunkie 02-15-2006 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Kemo

The xcellerator is a gem once it gets done up well. Plenty of parts fit, just gotta know where to look ;)

my LHS has more parts for the X-C than all the other ST's on the market...It's the LHS I like too, which always made me feel bad for goin to my other LHS for GT and Losi parts[:@]

aside from the Jato. They have stacks upon stacks upon stacks of Jato arms and bulkheads[&:]

Kemo 02-15-2006 12:57 PM

traxxas seems to make 1/10th ****ty and then hundreds of companies make new products to make it better. The Xtm Xcell is strong as it is, but it has very few major areas to be worked on. I hear the diff doesn't hold up very long.

Ok guys with Rc10GT diffs, please provide the part name and associated part numbers for what parts we'll need to drop in a RC10GT diff.

Copy and paste this

=====================================
|<>| RC10GT Diff conversion for X-Cellerator |<>|
=====================================
1: (list parts here)
2: (list parts here)

ThunderbirdJunkie 02-15-2006 05:44 PM

click here for a complete [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXH01&P=7]differential[/link]

Kemo 02-15-2006 10:53 PM

Looks like the next part is an idler gear ;)

ThunderbirdJunkie 02-16-2006 09:49 AM

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX2864&P=7]idler gear[/link]

Kemo 02-16-2006 05:02 PM

so thats it huh? Well diff problems are solved now. What type of balls are in that diff kit? I like mine to last long... might be going ceramic nitride.

Kemo 02-18-2006 12:29 AM

Well my engine is on its way, got it from my sponsor. STS .12R. STS made engines for HPI a while back, but the best example i can use is the .12r xs from HPI which is basically the sts D12E. The .12 r has more power and a bit more speed. Will take pics when i get it.

iceyflyer 02-20-2006 06:17 PM

anybody know if there is a spur gear out there that is not made of plastic that i can use on my X-C

Kemo 02-20-2006 08:13 PM

if you can find one made for losi's xxxnt... it'll probably work. Kevlar is the best way to go IMHO.

Kemo 02-21-2006 11:02 PM

tbird... when you gonna tell me what you got?

harris.racing 02-22-2006 07:25 AM

anyone know where you can order x-cell hopups from online ?!

ThunderbirdJunkie 02-22-2006 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Kemo

tbird... when you gonna tell me what you got?
Haven't gotten it yet:| Got shorted on my last paycheck BADLY...so I couldn't get a used tamiya rolling chassis, let alone 3 new cars:)

the third car is an Ofna LD3 Pro RTR.

wyd 02-22-2006 12:16 PM

Well I went ahead ond ordered a Racer kit. I decided to run nitro truck oval racing in are area again this year and decided to go back to the XTM X-Cellerator. I ran a Jato last year but I like the ease of working on the X-Cellerator better and 3 local shops carry all the parts and the one shop is at the track I race at. Plus I like the fact that I had one before and what I need to change on the truck once it comes in. Another nice feature is they sell it without motor and radio gear. Huge plus for me since I'm going to use my own radio equipment and motor combination. Can't wait to get one of these trucks again. My last one worked great for me.:D

gacjr0 02-23-2006 09:18 AM

The ass diff gear is the right size but the assembly with the ass outdrives is too wide. I ended up using ass balls, thrust balls/rings and nut, with with the XTM rings and outdrives.

Mrsamman 02-23-2006 09:54 AM

Where can I find an exploded parts diagram of the differential and the transmission for the nitro x-cellerator? Their is nothing on hobby people or globals website.
Thanks.
Scott

wyd 02-23-2006 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: gacjr0

The ass diff gear is the right size but the assembly with the ass outdrives is too wide. I ended up using ass balls, thrust balls/rings and nut, with with the XTM rings and outdrives.
That is kinda what I thought that the Associated diff wouldn't fit. I have almost never seen diffs fit in too many other cars other than what they are designed for.

I plan on doing the exact same setup you went with. The only week link will be the XTM diff rings then. Everything else will be fine. I only ever had problems with the diff rings and the diff balls/thrust balls on my 1st XTM. THe tranny itself was never a problem.

Kemo 02-23-2006 11:06 PM

Very valuable info though. It'll save a LOT of stress with people blowing their diffs. Supposedly, stock diff is weak in the Xcell, I'll find out with my STS .12 engine.

wyd 02-24-2006 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of my first X-Cellerator. Should of kept this truck but I didn't. I did learn alot from my first racer so I will know what to change before the truck ever hits the track. Differance this time is this truck will be setup for oval racing and not offroad. Most of the stuff I did though will still be used on my oval truck setup. I do have some after market stuff on the truck as it is I guess far from stock but then again almost no one keeps their trucks stock anyways. Most of the stuff I did was to make it more reliable overall. Some was just for the truck to look good as well.

Kemo 02-25-2006 11:27 PM

the blue accent does a lot to the looks... pretty nice lookin truck you had there.