RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/3152289-official-xtm-x-cellerator-thread.html)

wyd 02-26-2006 07:59 PM

RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

Thanks. I hope my new one when done will be as nice or even better since this will be my 2nd go around with the truck. Bang for the buck the XTM X-Cellerator is the best low priced truck I have ever ran in 21 years.

yznaction 02-26-2006 09:29 PM

ok, great news. I finally got my x-c to run great with the masher 2000's i put on it. It was a pain to do so but it now has the acceleration it had before and a better top speed to match. I had to move the reciever box, gas tank, servo mounts, and modify the motor mounts, but it just screams now. Oh, and i also did some motor work as far as power porting and changing the intake timing. It was all worth it though. It just moves.[:o]

Kemo 02-26-2006 10:50 PM

Anyone interested in helping compile a hopup guide for the Xcellerator? We know XTM parts fit XTM... but some people dont know what suspension arms will, wheels, diffs, spur gears and what not.

annie_himself 02-26-2006 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Kemo

Anyone interested in helping compile a hopup guide for the Xcellerator? We know XTM parts fit XTM... but some people dont know what suspension arms will, wheels, diffs, spur gears and what not.
Evader ST front arms, XXX-NT rear arms with a little modding, rear xxx-nt hubs, front Evader ST knuckles, Stealth transmission, Losi kevlar spur, cant think of anything else right on the spot, you got any more Kemo?

Kemo 02-27-2006 01:34 AM

I have all the pics of parts saved on my computer. Any EVADER part will take place of LOSI parts... same stuff. I have quite a few pics actually, all the way from standard evader plastic to evader aluminum and graphite. Soon, probably have a webpage for it all.

Kemo 03-02-2006 02:15 PM

Just need a website design... if anyone is willing to pop up an idea, would be kind of cool. Its going to be for my old www.rccars411.com site, I'm basically replacing it with the current domain I have now. The XTM Xcell will be one of the many to be included on the page

×SlappY× 03-03-2006 09:13 PM

Hey im, my dad bought a new house, and infront of it theres this huge park with hills and some nice lookin jumps, i was scouting a truck on ebay and came across this one, would you guys recommend it? im 16, and already own a brushless powered XXX-S touring car, and a helicopter, so i dont really want to drop alot of money into this one, since i have my speed demon, and my flyer, now im just looking for something that can jump and not break.

Kemo 03-03-2006 09:33 PM

the truck is pretty good, it has its small flaws. Go aluminum on the rear suspension arms and you should be set. Many duratrax parts can go in place of others, which makes replacement parts cheap.

annie_himself 03-03-2006 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Kemo

I have all the pics of parts saved on my computer. Any EVADER part will take place of LOSI parts... same stuff. I have quite a few pics actually, all the way from standard evader plastic to evader aluminum and graphite. Soon, probably have a webpage for it all.
The rear Vader arms don't fit but the Losi ones do.

Kemo 03-04-2006 03:41 AM

I thought u needed to mod the part either way?

annie_himself 03-04-2006 01:41 PM

For the Losi, very little. I have a xxx-t coming so Ill tell you guys what fits off the truck.

pete8541 03-04-2006 06:40 PM

will the vader aluminum rear hubs and front hub carriers fit?

Kemo 03-04-2006 06:57 PM

from what I have been told, they will.

UPDATE: alrighty, i got the design up and running and URL. Stuff will eventually be up at http://www.rctop100.com/xtm.htm Thats a temporary URL for it. Its just an example.

annie_himself 03-04-2006 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: pete8541

will the vader aluminum rear hubs and front hub carriers fit?
The rear hubs will not fit, they will need to be grinded too much to even have enough material to help you out. The front steering arms do fit.

×SlappY× 03-04-2006 10:11 PM

Hey guys, i just purchased my new RTR x-cellerator off ebay, and id like to know , what % nitro fuel do i need and what kind of glowplugs i would need?

thanks

-Eric

annie_himself 03-04-2006 11:12 PM

Fuel? Any kind made for cars and 20% is best. I use OS A3 for plugs.

×SlappY× 03-04-2006 11:19 PM

ok, so i will be buying 20% fuel, and A3 plugs. also whats a good place to store fuel?

annie_himself 03-05-2006 01:28 AM

In your garage or storage room. Any dry place.

×SlappY× 03-05-2006 02:41 PM

alright cool.

Kemo 03-05-2006 05:50 PM

best in a place where the fuel will be exposed to a constant temperature... not one that will vary.

annie_himself 03-05-2006 09:14 PM

Yes that too.

harris.racing 03-08-2006 04:53 PM

what size wheels does the x-cell have are they 2.2 inch or 2.5??? i need to know 'cus i need to get some mashers

Kemo 03-08-2006 04:58 PM

2.2 Losi style.

wyd 03-08-2006 05:48 PM

Well my shop got my X-Cellerator. Shop gave it to me for a great price. Now overtime I will slowly get it race ready. I know I will be going with the OS TZ .12 and the OS header and pipe that OS makes for this motor. I will start working on it in the upcoming weeks. Would like to get it close to race ready by May. 2 months off but I mainly race touring cars and running the X-Cellerator and racing it on the dirt oval is a secondary racing setup for me.

annie_himself 03-08-2006 06:33 PM

Is it the Racer?