RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   JATO PICS (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/4075455-jato-pics.html)

1fastREVO 03-24-2006 12:32 AM

JATO PICS

1 Attachment(s)
My street racing Jato

jkulhanek 03-24-2006 12:43 AM

RE: JATO PICS

Looks stock to me besides wheels tyres and pipe. What else does it have?

BugattiFreak 03-24-2006 01:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is my jato, few upgrades, none performance, want everything to be strangth.... i just found a 15Ft. gap for BMX bikes and i want to jump it, ill video tape it for you guys... :)

upgrades:

i changed the tires, traxxas aluminum rod thingies (the red things in pic).... the old silvers ones kept breaking.... new air filter, new era rear suspention arms.... home moded shock tower, dosnt break no mo... and soon to be new metal gear servo, as soon as i get my next pay check, turns out i striped my old servo, now it only goes where the dirt does, which makes life more of a mystery :)

P.S. i kant spel

badz 03-24-2006 02:04 AM

Your shock towers break cause you got the shocks cranked all the way down...what do you expect? You took the suspension away, you may as well just use threaded rods for shocks. How many shock towers and control arms and rods have you broken? I bet more than almost every Jato owner put together has. Dude let up on them shocks some, if you don't got enough suspension add different oil and springs don't crank them all the way down, thats just asking for problems. Notice the dude's pics at the top, look at his springs. Sure he's running on street he wants it real soft so he gains loads of traction but even on dirt the purpose of the Jato's suspension design is to allow the chasis to hit the ground on large jumps and absorb the brunt of impact, your setup has the control arms and shock towers taking them impacts...not good. Do you roll over also constantly? Shoot some video of that thing actually running and jumping, if it can survive a jump.

bigmike882 03-24-2006 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my jato. Has many many performance hop ups, Im all about performance, you alloy lovers can kepp your bling bling trucks lol. I soon am going to get a new motor for it- os engine, do not which one yet.

lukej6009 03-24-2006 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pics of my Jato...nothing special yet...just rpm a-arms and Proline Agitators wrapped with Moabs.

stevensj 03-24-2006 05:27 PM

click on my name and check out my gallery, you'll see pics of my jato i owned once upon a time.

BugattiFreak 03-24-2006 06:04 PM

hey, dude who thinks im stupid by making my shocks stiff and stuff....

first of all, i know what you talkin about, and the shocks in the back arnt strong enough to hold the back off the ground even off some smaller jumps.... the car works fine right now, and i dont feel like fing with it right now....

second... ive gone through 5 arms, 4 tower, 3 front arms, and 0 front towers.... since i moded my car..... 0 arms in rear... 0 shock towers.... 1 arm front.... 0 shock tower front

i took those pics yesterday... thats how i run the car when i take 15Ft. gaps.... i know what im doin... sorta

badz 03-25-2006 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: BugattiFreak

hey, dude who thinks im stupid by making my shocks stiff and stuff....

first of all, i know what you talkin about, and the shocks in the back arnt strong enough to hold the back off the ground even off some smaller jumps.... the car works fine right now, and i dont feel like fing with it right now....

second... ive gone through 5 arms, 4 tower, 3 front arms, and 0 front towers.... since i moded my car..... 0 arms in rear... 0 shock towers.... 1 arm front.... 0 shock tower front

i took those pics yesterday... thats how i run the car when i take 15Ft. gaps.... i know what im doin... sorta

Your stupid if you think shocks are designed to hold the chasis off the ground. No ST is designed that way. You broke things cause your dumb and completly destroyed the design of the RC. I've replaced 1 arm on my jato and beat the crap out of it.

happyhobo69 03-25-2006 12:45 PM

now ladies.............

Then what are shocks for? If they dont hold up the car what do they do......Make it look good??

stevensj 03-25-2006 12:47 PM

just to clarify, i had my suspension tight like that on my jato...it was more stable that way, i didn't break a whole lot...it's true it transfers more shock to the shock towers....but the shock being tight has nothing to do with broken a arms....only shock towers.

BugattiFreak 03-25-2006 07:25 PM

someone buy my jato please, i think its gana be like 100$..... all i need to wait is for my pay check which is gana be like 350$.... i want to buy a savage X.... i saw one run and ripped my servo to peices when i crashed into it.... i got a new high teck servo and everything... this one is metal gear...

Rc EnthuSiasTs 03-26-2006 03:28 AM

I have found it is best to have your suspension set up just right:D

Rc EnthuSiasTs 03-26-2006 03:31 AM

Now for real, if you are jumping 15 FT, you want a stiffer suspension, Cause you don't want it to bottom out, but not to hard, then it won't compress, i think both sides are going to the extreme, your not stupid just learning, remember, dont bottom out, if you can, and let it give way to the terrain, keeping testing different set ups.

A.B.U 03-26-2006 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: BugattiFreak

this is my jato, few upgrades, none performance, want everything to be strangth.... i just found a 15Ft. gap for BMX bikes and i want to jump it, ill video tape it for you guys... :)

upgrades:

i changed the tires, traxxas aluminum rod thingies (the red things in pic).... the old silvers ones kept breaking.... new air filter, new era rear suspention arms.... home moded shock tower, dosnt break no mo... and soon to be new metal gear servo, as soon as i get my next pay check, turns out i striped my old servo, now it only goes where the dirt does, which makes life more of a mystery :)

P.S. i kant spel
Is that a broken front left arm? [:-]

stevensj 03-26-2006 11:03 AM

alright, sorry, lol, but even if you have your suspension tight, and you jump 15 ft, your gonna bottom, hard, your chassis (or chassis braces) absorb most of the force upon landing. good times.

unclezesta 03-26-2006 08:33 PM

I have found it is best to have your suspension set up just right
now there's some unquestionable logic

stevensj's signature reminds me of that video where you see some girl on a bike riding up a dirt ramp, and when she is almost to the top, some rc car comes off the other side of the ramp and nails her in the face. thats gotta hurt.

stevensj 03-26-2006 09:26 PM

lol, i drive in the skate park alot, and a couple skaters startin flippin once, cuz i almost got them with it, but the thing is...it's loud as heck, so they knew it was coming, so afterwards i'd always yell watch out for the flying maxx!!! lol. They got over it, they were like 14 anyhow, realized it was a useless battle. Good times.

martin_tire 11-25-2007 02:34 AM

I just got a new jato so ca some one tell me how good it is

d3d5 11-25-2007 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: martin_tire

I just got a new jato so ca some one tell me how good it is
you know this thread is almost a year old right?

twomanytoys 11-25-2007 10:55 AM

In stock form its not good off road so if you dont plan on going off road its great. Get some new off road tires on 2.2 wheels and it really ups the fun factor because it will be good off road.

rclynx 11-25-2007 11:53 AM

Better yet get some of these [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products _id=434]30 series Jato Wheels[/link] and some of these low profile [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products _id=284]30 series Dirt Hawgs[/link]

Do you think they will answer? its only been a year[sm=lol.gif]

angus67 11-25-2007 08:22 PM

springs hold up cars

stinkypinky 12-09-2007 07:24 PM

jatos jatos everywhere

stinkypinky 12-09-2007 07:27 PM

i bought a o.s. speed .21 vz-b v-spec to drop in.i have all hardened steel transmission gears to handle the torque.can you say beast?lol