RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Offical Schumacher Menace .21 Thread v1.0 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/4806892-offical-schumacher-menace-21-thread-v1-0-a.html)

Banana Turbo 12-06-2006 04:34 PM

RE: Offical Schumacher Menace .21 Thread v1.0

There are lots of people who will modify your engine for you and many differnt stages they can do. http://massivemods.com/Services.php
massivemods.com is one place you can order a tickled engine from its in Australia though. There is a place in America i know of i will post it later when i find it.
From what i have heard its best to modify a brand new engine, used engines arnt very good for modifying.
Check this out, this engine was done by massive mods its for a Schumacher Fusion that hopes to hit 100mph
http://www.racing-cars.com/forum/for...438&PN=1&TPN=3

If you scroll down on that forum you will see it.

And if you scroll down on this forum you will see photos of the modded Thundertiger .21
http://www.racing-cars.com/forum/for...ger&PN=0&TPN=2

You can even give it a go your self if you want.
Read though these.
http://www.nitrorc.com/mods/engines/...ngine_mods.htm
http://www.nitrorc.com/mods/engines/trx15mod.html
www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/htpporting_1.asp

You should visit the schumacher forum from time to time. Although a lot of the good guys have been banned.
Racing-cars.com and then go to the forum link on the left hand side of the page.

Mb5 12-10-2006 11:21 AM

Hi you all' I am new to this and it's going wrong for me big.

I can't even get my menace 21 to start? as I am new to all this. all things are working apart from starting.
can any one tell me if the blue liqued fuel should be in the pipe to the engin. Or dose this engine work of the vapours of the fuel?.

Dose the pipe from the exhaust to the fuel tank pressurises the fuel tank or what?

how dose the fuel system work any body please help?

Banana Turbo 12-10-2006 02:20 PM

Firstly get rid of the blue liquid. Blue thunder will break your thunder tiger engine. it has castor oil in it and will make your estart slip and cause your engine to stall.

Get some 16% fuel somthing like tornado or o'donnel and a brand new hot glow plug.

Charge your drill and glow starter to full.

Put your finger over the exhaust use the drill until fuel starts going into the carb keep drilling for about 2 seconds. Check your carb is open about 0.5 to 1mm open and that all wheels are off the ground.
Place the glow starter on the plug and start to drill. If the drill starts to jam youve flooded the engine. unscrew the glow plug and turn the car up side down and use the drill to get the fuel out of the engine.
Then try the same again. Until it starts.

If its cold you may have to open the carb slightly wider. If your going to do this make sure the wheels are off the ground.

meesage back to let me know when you get it started.

davenraithatha 12-10-2006 02:32 PM

Hi guys, its been a while since ive been here ive been distracted with my new heli :D. Anyway, i did try to align the engine and the gears but may have not done it correctly, but i cant seem to undo one of the screws on the top of the engine mount, its just too danm tight so i have to take off the engine mounts everytime.

Mb5 12-10-2006 03:49 PM

How long dose the glowstarter take to charge? Will get a new glow plug on monday or tuesday. How full should the tank be?
if the tank is only 1/2 full how dose the liqued get into the pipe? When I get the new g.plug I will try again and let you know if
I got it started or not.

Many thanks for your help.

Mb5

Banana Turbo 12-10-2006 07:55 PM

15 hours should fully charge the glow plug. And the drill i got from Schumacher takes 5 hours to charge fully.

Fill the tank to the top. and cover the exhaust pipe and turn the drill clockwise until fuel goes up the pipe and enters the carb.

Banana Turbo 12-10-2006 07:56 PM

davenraithatha,

use a bit of muscle you girl. LOL use an allen key and get a pair of pliars to turn it.

Brent07 12-11-2006 02:32 PM

banana turbo any info on the porting done in the usa?

davenraithatha 12-11-2006 04:10 PM

lol, i tried that but the allen key keeps slipping out everytime i try to use muscle. I think ill have to turn the torque up on the drill and try to use that

Banana Turbo 12-11-2006 04:36 PM

Try goggling what exactly it is you require brent.

q8murder 12-13-2006 04:50 AM

hi i am getting a car and my chices are between the menace and jato any oppinions

Mb5 12-13-2006 08:42 AM

Hi' Thanks for all ye help in getting me menace21 started. did what you said and lo and be hold it started.

Then there was no wheel movement at all.? Maybe I should just blow it up.

maddian 12-13-2006 10:25 AM

Hi MB5,

Depending on the controller that came with your Menace you will need to activate the forward gear (I dont know the correct term for it) - if you have the manual this is clearly explained therein. This may seem foreign at first but the principles are simple and once you become accustomed to them you shouldnt have many problem (except trying to keep your menace in one direction)

Have fun.....

davenraithatha 12-13-2006 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: q8murder

hi i am getting a car and my chices are between the menace and jato any oppinions
Hi, i went through the same thing when choosing my nitro car. In the end i went for the menace over the jato because the menace has 4WD, so it handles better and is more controllable. I have never had any regrets.

Banana Turbo 12-13-2006 12:42 PM

I agree with davenraithatha, the menace is going to be better off road. And it's claimed speeds are much faster.
It really depends what parts the stors near you stock. Your going to need spares for both.
The menace has a big block and the jato a small block.
You can probably get the mence cheaper than the jato as well as the 3.3 has only recently come out. And looking on eaby you can get loads of cheap alloy for the menace now.
There was some guy complaining about his jato wheelieing everytime he blipped the throttle.
[sm=confused_smile.gif]

Banana Turbo 12-13-2006 12:46 PM

Mb5,

Was the pinion spinning? If it wasnt i would guess you havent got your clutch in.

If it was your alining with the moldings might be off or you may have stripped first gear.

If first gear molding is spinning fine then your diffs are to loose or your belts snapped.

Schumacher RC Superstore 12-13-2006 04:04 PM

Mb5, is this a new or used truck? No help where you made the purchase? Do the wheels spin when you turn by hand? Can you get the belt to turn as well as the 3 speed gears? Does the engine rev freely or get resistance?

www.Schumacher-RC.com

Mb5 12-14-2006 07:07 AM

Hi' and thanks for your info. It is used and the wheels did turnif you turn one back wheel to your left the other would turn to your right and the same at the frunt wheels. The engin revs freely. as for the three kogs you could turn all three to your left freely but could not turn them to your right. As for the belt were the hell is that as I am new to this and don't have a book on the menace21
thanks very much but I have put in the shop for repair and get it back to day 13.012.06 as this is for my son's exmas.

Mb5 12-14-2006 07:10 AM

Banana Turbo Hi' and thanks for your info. It is used and the wheels did turnif you turn one back wheel to your left the other would turn to your right and the same at the frunt wheels. The engin revs freely. as for the three kogs you could turn all three to your left freely but could not turn them to your right. As for the belt were the hell is that as I am new to this and don't have a book on the menace21
thanks very much but I have put in the shop for repair and get it back to day 13.012.06 as this is for my son's exmas.

Mb5 12-14-2006 07:15 AM

maddian Hi thanks for your info but I didn't get a book with it. If you know where I could get one I would be very gratfull for that
as I know nowt about this as yet but am getting there with every body's help and I am very gratfull to you all.

Many thanks to you all Mb5

davenraithatha 12-14-2006 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Mb5

maddian Hi thanks for your info but I didn't get a book with it. If you know where I could get one I would be very gratfull for that
as I know nowt about this as yet but am getting there with every body's help and I am very gratfull to you all.

Many thanks to you all Mb5
you can download the book at schumacher's site:

http://www.racing-cars.com/products....bcategory=Cars

Banana Turbo 12-14-2006 04:44 PM

Mb5,

the moldings should spin both directions left and right.

if you reach under the chassis there should be a hole where you can rotate the first gear molding. move your finger left so it moves right as you face it. All four wheels should and so should the pinion.

If this doesnt happen your clutch may be damaged or your moldings.

When you roll the car backwards and fowards along the floor do the wheels jam? Or does it role freely?

ProRCRacer88 12-14-2006 05:20 PM

I didnt even know there was a menace4x4 thread around.[:-] I dont have this truck yet but have been looking hard at it and thinking about getting one for the streets. How have you guy's trucks been holding up stock?
I read some posts back that some1 wanted to fit another kind of engine in there in the future, well all you need are some custom mounts and this guy www.wolfpackradicals.com sells them for the schumacher vehicles. Then you will be able to mount any kind of bigblock on thats pullstart/drill start to the chassis.

Brent07 12-16-2006 03:03 PM

I am looking to sell mine i have pictures in my profile if your interested, its a geat truck just don't have the time for it anymore.

ProRCRacer88 12-16-2006 04:18 PM

That truck looks very nice and well taken care of. I really cant buy nothing else big until I sell my truck and maybe the serpent too if I dont find somewhere to run it. Latly, all the money has been going to the fusions and everything else has been sitting around.