RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

buggymangp 09-13-2007 03:04 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

ORIGINAL: xxRyanTxx

ORIGINAL: buggymangp

ORIGINAL: sytfu ek

anybody know if wheels and tires from a savage t-maxx or e-maxx will fit the firestorm? all i know that the mt2 wheels directly fit..
savage-t maxx uses 17mm wheels
firestorm, mt2 uses 14mm wheels
Are you sure ? I thought the maxx/savage was 14 mm and the FS/MT2 used 12mm hexes. 17mm hexes are for 1/8 scale buggies and truggies. I've just mounted stampede wheels using Tamiya 12mm hexes on the back of my FS.
i could be wrong.
since i got my hpi baja. my nitros turned into shelve queens.
i know for a fact my savage and t maxx uses 17mm but i think they came with 14mm inserts.
sorry if i mislead you.

firestormanation 09-13-2007 06:50 PM

RCN that is a real nice looking firestorm. I haven't broken any a-arms so i guess stock are pretty durable but I would like some stiffer springs on the back. Besides the pullstart, the only thing i have broken is the under head thing where you put the glow plug. It stripped.

calvino 09-13-2007 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: calvino

how good of a "basher" is the firestorm, durable, wimpy...
um, good, bad, ok????

RCN2ZST 09-14-2007 12:28 AM

HEY SAID WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT THOSE SHOCKS I HAVE'NT A PROBLEM WITH THEM AND THEY LOOK COOL, BUT THANX FOR THE TIP. YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR A TRUCK THATS BEING ON THE MARKET FOR MORE TIME THAN THE FIRESTORM IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A BASHER, THERES NOT THAT MANY PARTS AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRESTORM. HENCE ALL THE COUSTOM ALUMINUN FRONT END.
THAT FRONT END WAS MADE BY MY BROTHER AND IS THE WHOLE BULKHEAD AND THE ARMS FOR NOW IM STILL WATING FOR MY SHOCK TOWER.

THANX FOR THE COMENTS.

sytfu ek 09-14-2007 05:08 PM

i have a concern about my firestorm and its steering.. when i place the truck off the ground it can make full turns, but when its on the ground it barely turns.... would that be a problem with the servo saver or the servo itself? i would like it to make turns like my nitro rs4 3 rtr.. anybody have any clues?

RCN2ZST 09-14-2007 05:14 PM

WHAT KIND OF BATTERIES ARE YOU USING? I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM UNTILL I SWITH TO A BATTERY PACK.

sytfu ek 09-14-2007 05:18 PM

regular AA batteries... would a rechargeable battery pack be better? does it push more engery out so the servo will have enough power to turn when on the ground?

RCN2ZST 09-14-2007 05:21 PM

IT WORK FOR ME AND THE PACK I GOT LAST A COUPLE DAYS CHARGE. DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAND IT IS, BUT IS *****IN.

FirestormBasher 09-14-2007 05:24 PM

One thing that i've found that sucks with this truck is the exhaust gasket. Or the lack thereof, I cannot keep a gasket intact on this thing. I have loctited the header bolts, but they still come loose.

For the steering, Look at the servo saver to make sure it didn't come too loose. But do not over tighten it. Also check the D/R knob on your transmitter to make sure you getting full steering.

BTW, for really good steering purchase a Hitech servo (HS-645MG), and a 6v hump pack. I use the Venom 1200, you will also need to purchase a charger(found on tower for <$8)

d3d5 09-14-2007 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: FirestormBasher

One thing that i've found that sucks with this truck is the exhaust gasket. Or the lack thereof, I cannot keep a gasket intact on this thing. I have loctited the header bolts, but they still come loose.

same i solved that by buying gasket matrial and making a gasket thats really big so it doesn't rip

zJatoRad 09-15-2007 01:36 AM

Has anyone ever used the new Pro-Line 30 (2.8) series tires? You need to use the proline 30 series wheels. Will the ones that say Jato/Stampede/Rustler work?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...CH=30+SERIES++

rclynx 09-15-2007 05:31 AM

Not going to do you much good sticking a wide tire on a narrow rim[:o]

zJatoRad 09-15-2007 02:42 PM

huh? there are 30 series wheels and tires.

rclynx 09-15-2007 04:36 PM

sure are but your pretty much stuck with pro line wheels with them[&o]they do make wheels with adaptors to fit most of the ST's

firestormanation 09-19-2007 06:36 PM

It seems my Firestorm's engine won't stay on unless it's got some throttle trim. I can deal with it like I have for the past month and a half but it is kind of annoying and it would be good for it to stay on when it's not moving. I tried the idle adjustment screw but it seems to have no effect.

sytfu ek 09-19-2007 07:55 PM

dittto..im going through the same problem... i am forever trying to find the right throttle linkage/ carb opening position thingermajigger....i would adjust the throttle and get it right where i want it, but then the full brake would be off and it will kill the engine... its kinda annoying messing with the settings with a pull start...i have gotten a few blisters from the pull start..

firestormanation 09-19-2007 09:38 PM

Yea I also used to get blisters from the pullstart so I used my mountain biking gloves and they worked well. After that I broke my pullstart so I bought the roto start back plate and starter shaft and use a drill to start my truck. It starts pretty well but it is also annoying to have the engine stop far away from me so i have to carry the drill. I really loved the pullstart but I broke two of them so I don't want to buy another even though they are so compact.

buggymangp 09-20-2007 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: FirestormBasher

For the steering, Look at the servo saver to make sure it didn't come too loose. But do not over tighten it. Also check the D/R knob on your transmitter to make sure you getting full steering.

BTW, for really good steering purchase a Hitech servo (HS-645MG), and a 6v hump pack. I use the Venom 1200, you will also need to purchase a charger(found on tower for <$8)
for the exhaust gasket header coming loose. get longer bolts that pass thur the header and back them up with nuts.
i had to grind down the brake pad a little bit. but no more loose header bolts. i had to do that with my other hpi 18ss engines too.

zJatoRad 09-22-2007 11:34 PM

will the o.s. .12 fit this truck without any mods? I wanna buy this truck and intend to race it, just want something different from Losi and Associated and this truck seems that got some race potential.

RCN2ZST 09-23-2007 01:21 PM

DON'T EVEN BOTHER BUYING THIS TRUCK THERES HARDLY ANY PARTS AVAILABLE. AND IT BRAKES EASILY. MY LHS HAS PROBLEM KEEPING PARTS IN STOCK AND THEY ALWAYS SAID THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER THEM BUT IT TAKES A COUPLE WEEKS TO GET THEM. HPI COUSTOMER SERVICE IS A PAIN IN THE ***** THEY DON'T ANWER QUESTIONS AND WHEN THEY DO THEY ALWAS SEND ME TO THE INTERNET TO FIND ANWERS, ??

zJatoRad 09-23-2007 03:45 PM

well there's a seller that part out the firestorm and sell all the parts so I guess that is not a problem but my question is if a .12 OS will fit directly or what is required to make it fit. thanks.

RCN2ZST 09-23-2007 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HAD A LITTLE ACCIDENT WITHE MY FIRESTORM, NO DAMAGE TO THE FRONT END JUST THE UPPER CHASSIS. NEW THICKER AND BETTER ON THE WAY!!!!

FirestormBasher 09-23-2007 09:43 PM

I dont know why you would say this truck isnt worth buying.

xxRyanTxx 09-25-2007 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: RCN2ZST

DON'T EVEN BOTHER BUYING THIS TRUCK THERES HARDLY ANY PARTS AVAILABLE. AND IT BRAKES EASILY. MY LHS HAS PROBLEM KEEPING PARTS IN STOCK AND THEY ALWAYS SAID THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER THEM BUT IT TAKES A COUPLE WEEKS TO GET THEM. HPI COUSTOMER SERVICE IS A PAIN IN THE ***** THEY DON'T ANWER QUESTIONS AND WHEN THEY DO THEY ALWAS SEND ME TO THE INTERNET TO FIND ANWERS, ??

Do you even own one ? BTW Turn the caps off and get off your soapbox.:D

RCN2ZST 09-25-2007 10:44 PM

FYI I DO OWN ONE OF THIS TRUCKS THATS WHY I WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT TO ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO GET INTO RACING. I DON'T SEE THE POINT OF BUYING A 300 DOLLARS TRUCK THAT IS NOT LEAGAL TO RACE AND SPENDING AN EXTRA 100 OR SO AN AN RACE LEGAL ENGINE WHEN THERES HARDLY ANY PARTS AVAILABLE AT THIS POINT.

GO BACK A COUPLE PAGES AND SEE MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY FIRESTORM WITH A FRONT END

ORIGINAL: xxRyanTxx

ORIGINAL: RCN2ZST

Do you even own one ? BTW Turn the caps off and get off your soapbox.:D
MADE OUT OF ALUMINUN BULK HEAD AND A ARMS.