RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/7367292-official-traxxas-jato-3-3-thread.html)

jbrobertsonjr 05-19-2009 07:20 PM

RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

thanks ajk2649 i will keep you all posted , also thanks quitenas1 for all your help.

devo208 05-19-2009 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ajk- I just got a price from RBmods and for street drag mod and for the motor shipped its $275.00 . I brake in my own motors cause i want to make sure its done rite.

ajk2649 05-19-2009 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: devo208

ajk- I just got a price from RBmods and for street drag mod and for the motor shipped its $275.00 . I brake in my own motors cause i want to make sure its done rite.

Yeah I know what you mean about that. But Adam from ABmoda knows what he is doing and does great things. I normally breakin motors on my own but had him do it cuz it was winter time and winter breakin is just a pain and I just didnt have the time but 2 each his own.

quietnas1 05-20-2009 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

thanks ajk2649 i will keep you all posted , also thanks quitenas1 for all your help.
Glad we could help. Keep us updated and post some pics.

quietnas1 05-20-2009 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Nah thats cool man. Don't worry about it. But I would have to agree with ajk2649. The .18TZ will be a better bet and it wont rip your tranny apart. I have gone through 2 tranny's already with the .21TM. Don't get me wrong I love my motor but I think it is a bit overkill. Different gearing will help that though. As far as big block kits. For the .21TM you don't need it. Again the only reason why I chose it eventhough it was more money was because I liked the EASY START. But you cannot go wrong with the .18TZ. By the way ajk2649 I checked out that web site jpracing. They got some sick stuff. Debating if I should put one in my RS4 2 and RC10GT. NICE. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif
Well good luck with that. I hope you have the money 2 dish out. That engine I posted with the link prolly runs around 650$. Its deffinetly not a engine u wanna buy if u are just gonna parkinglot bash. Its a race engine. I made the mistake by spending 430$ on a race tuned os motor just cuz I had the money. I dont race so I didnt really need it. If you are just a parkinglot basher like me os as you know are great motors and picco makes some sick motors as well.I am sure you already know all that tho. But hey if u do get the JP motor I deff need 2 see vidaof that man.

Uh yeah took a good look at the prices. I think I'm sticking to OS. LOL. Finally got to see some video of your Jato on YouTube. Pretty nice man.

ajk2649 05-20-2009 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

Nah thats cool man. Don't worry about it. But I would have to agree with ajk2649. The .18TZ will be a better bet and it wont rip your tranny apart. I have gone through 2 tranny's already with the .21TM. Don't get me wrong I love my motor but I think it is a bit overkill. Different gearing will help that though. As far as big block kits. For the .21TM you don't need it. Again the only reason why I chose it eventhough it was more money was because I liked the EASY START. But you cannot go wrong with the .18TZ. By the way ajk2649 I checked out that web site jpracing. They got some sick stuff. Debating if I should put one in my RS4 2 and RC10GT. NICE. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif
Well good luck with that. I hope you have the money 2 dish out. That engine I posted with the link prolly runs around 650$. Its deffinetly not a engine u wanna buy if u are just gonna parkinglot bash. Its a race engine. I made the mistake by spending 430$ on a race tuned os motor just cuz I had the money. I dont race so I didnt really need it. If you are just a parkinglot basher like me os as you know are great motors and picco makes some sick motors as well.I am sure you already know all that tho. But hey if u do get the JP motor I deff need 2 see vidaof that man.

Yeah the vids on youtube are with the 12TZ in it. I put the trx3.3 back in it a few weeks ago cuz after I got it modded I never gave it a chance 2 see the results of the mod cuz Ionly ran about 2 tanks and put the TZ in. I was really happy with the sick power of the modded TRX motor but had a little trouble getting a good tune. I finally got a ok tune on it and the power was there thru the rpm range but a little while after I seem 2 have lost the tune. Ijust got fed up with it and took it inside. Took the motor off and checked 4 airleaks and sure enough I had air leaks from the front bearings. I have been looking 4 ceramic bearings 2 replace the stock ones but couldnt find a site the had mesurments of some of the bearings that I thought would work. I just dont wanna buy bearings and end up with the wrong ones. If anyone has a link 2 some replacement bearings that will fit be sure 2 let me know. But either way I have been running the TZ again and it is finally starting 2 lose the pinch and really loosen up and now the power is really showing and it just takes off on me.

Uh yeah took a good look at the prices. I think I'm sticking to OS. LOL. Finally got to see some video of your Jato on YouTube. Pretty nice man.

jbrobertsonjr 05-20-2009 04:59 PM

i have not ordered yet got one thing to do for the old lady then it motor time and i am going to get it modded thanks for all the help , oh yeayou guys got me installing better motor in everything

quietnas1 05-20-2009 06:36 PM

Alright Im able to post through my phone again Anyways ajk check out this link from Boca Bearings. These are ceramic engine bearings for the TRX 3.3.

quietnas1 05-20-2009 06:39 PM

Oh forgot the link. Here it is. http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...n=*ENK-164C-MX

ajk2649 05-21-2009 12:12 AM

Yeha I looked on the boca site and wasnt sure I had found the ones I needed. But I guss they are the right ones so thanks a bunch bro.

jbrobertsonjr 05-21-2009 06:30 AM

when you have a air leak through the bearings what does it do ?

devo208 05-21-2009 11:20 AM

It makes the engine untunable and/ or wont keep a tune.

jbrobertsonjr 05-21-2009 11:22 AM

thanks i was wondering

devo208 05-21-2009 11:33 AM

I just got my menace parts man am i going to kick some jato and 4-tec ass

jbrobertsonjr 05-21-2009 11:45 AM

thank you can handle a pro 28 xtr both made by schumacher

quietnas1 05-21-2009 03:52 PM

Ok just to show you guys some examples of what to much power can do to the tranny on your Jato. Mind you when I was running the .21 with the stock pipe it was fine. When I started running it with the BUKU pipe it made alot more power and now my Tranny's will not go past a month.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...1242937404.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...1242937479.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...1242937553.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...1242937691.jpg
I ge paid tomorrow and alot of the guys at my LHS street race the Jato and a few other cars they personally have. One tells me he has some gearing that will put less stress on the bottom end to prevent the tranny from being destroyed while increasing top end. I will keep you guys posted and let you know how it goes and what gearing they recomend.

ajk2649 05-21-2009 05:32 PM

Damn bro that sucks. well I guess I am not the only having problems. I was out with the jato today and I just could not get it 2 shift into 2nd gear. I was making high speed run after run giving it a chance and nothing. I have tryed everything. I know its not the tune cuz I have put the engine back 2 factory settings 2-3 times and re-tuned and the tune is good with good preformance, good sound, smoke trail and great temps. I just dont know. I made sure my slipper clutch was tight. I even took the tranny apart 2 see if anything was visably wrong. I did see a few shrapnel peices on the gears that had worn a little but nothing 2 serious yet. I have never messed with the factory settings on the tranny so I dont understand why all of a sudden it wont shift. I have done it all man. I just dont know. I was looking on another thread and a guy on there said 2 turn the shift screw all the way till it stops and then back it out 2 1/2 turns. I started doing that and realized I had never messed with the screw b4 and I had already went pass 2 1/2 turns so that could not be right and this guy does not know what he is talking about. By then I did not know how many turns I had made. I searched everywhere online and come 2 find out there is no factory settings 4 the shift point and its all done my computer and each truck is different. I did however find the the 4tec is 7 1/2 turns out and being that is the closest info I could find I went with that but still nothing. </p>

The engine is getting plenty into RPM range 2 shift it just wont do it. I just cant figure out what it could be. If you guys have anything let me know man. Thanks.</p>

</p>

quietnas1 05-21-2009 08:28 PM

Well the first time my tranny went out it would not shift into second either. The second time it stayed stuck in second. If you notice one of my pics you will see this little silver screw like thing. Both times that flew out and kept it from shifting. The first time it went out I didnt notice it was gone until I took the whole tranny apart. I dont know man. You might want to check the silver disk also that helps it shift. At a certain RPM it has a small peice of metal that stickd out and grabs the second gear. Check that as well and make sure it is working.

ajk2649 05-21-2009 11:13 PM

Well the first time my tranny went out it would not shift into second either. The second time it stayed stuck in second. If you notice one of my pics you will see this little silver screw like thing. Both times that flew out and kept it from shifting. The first time it went out I didnt notice it was gone until I took the whole tranny apart. I dont know man. You might want to check the silver disk also that helps it shift. At a certain RPM it has a small peice of metal that stickd out and grabs the second gear. Check that as well and make sure it is working.
Ok Ithink I see the silver thing you are talking about in your pic. I had my tranny apart 2 day and didnt see anything like that. Then again I wasnt really looking. Where exactly does that thing go? when you say silver disc...When I had the tranny apart 2 day I was looking at the disc (the one with the shift adjustment screw on it) By looking at it it looked 2 be fine 2 me but then again Im not sure how it should look but it looks fine. But where does that silver screw go that u are talking about? Iwill prolly just buy a new tranny cuz my diff gear isnt looking all that great and its just a matter of time b4 its gone im sure. Now I gotta look at the prices.

quietnas1 05-22-2009 07:44 AM

Yeah that's the one. With the adjustment screw in it. The silver disc is actually the clutch that engages second gear. On the leading edge it has a small peice of metal that pops out at a certain RPM. The little silver pin is located on the edge of the gear where the clutch sits inside. When the metal edge pops out it grabs the small silver pin engaging second gear. If the pin is missing then it won't shift no matter how you adjust the screw.

Road Warrior 05-22-2009 11:13 AM

it seems like the jato has a pretty cheap trans. It looses adjustment on its own and destroys itself if you try to add more power to it. so what is the benefit from the 2 speed.

quietnas1 05-22-2009 01:36 PM

I would say the tranny on the Jato is ok. Not great but ok. The more I run my .21 the more power it seems to put out over time. This weekend I will be going to my LHS to see what they reccomend. I got one way that told me with different gearing for top end it will lesson the force to the tranny and it should not destroy itself. But I cant say for sure until I try it myself. Also I was running with my slipper cliutch tightened all the way which helped with the destruction.

Road Warrior 05-22-2009 02:44 PM

They are right about the gearing. I think you need it anyways after watching your video. A good .21+ and 2 speed on a 1/10 anything, that motor isn't even going to seem like it's strapped to a car. You almost need to have 4 wheel drive to make use of the power. I have thought about putting a two speed on my truck, but you can only get to speed so fast without spinning tires or pulling a wheelie and I think I have the perfect amount of strain on the motor where neither of which get too uncontrollable. I think you will also be able to find your sweet spot with bigger gearing, but it seems that those jato's were made to do wheelies though good luck with that

quietnas1 05-22-2009 03:45 PM

Thanks. Yeah the wheely thing wasn't to hard to get rid of for on road use. I ise qa battery pack in the mid position and lower the suspension and the wheelies are gone. Now when I run it off road and raise the suspension the wheelies tend to come back but not as much when I was using AA batteries in the rear. Hopefully the gearing will help with that also.

quietnas1 05-22-2009 03:49 PM

Uh dont know what happened with my typing towards the beggining but hopefully you know what I mean. lol.