RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/7915901-official-traxxas-slayer-owners-thread.html)

MCSRacing 12-12-2009 01:09 PM

RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

i installed the mini spool,close ratio 2 speed,heavy revo sway bars,dbl black spring frt & back and this truck is a whole new animal, it kills the other slayer my buddies have at will. i also got a big block conversion, but after driving the slayer there really is no need for a BB on the tracks we run on, its more than fast enough!

BLUEWIZARD 12-12-2009 04:29 PM

I have a new SLAYER, and the steering servo broke in a cartwheel end over end at 50mph anyone using two servos I see it is set up to do so woiuld like any info on doing this thanks[&:]

michaelr87 12-12-2009 11:39 PM

I RUN A SINGLE FUTABA S9252 IN MINE , LOT SMOOTHER THAN STOCK

MCSRacing 12-13-2009 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: BLUEWIZARD

I have a new SLAYER, and the steering servo broke in a cartwheel end over end at 50mph anyone using two servos I see it is set up to do so woiuld like any info on doing this thanks[&:]
i would put a hitech hs645mg servo in, they're pretty tough servo's for sure. traxxas servo's are low quality ... but if ya call them they will replace it no problem, they have great service.

Mr.Goodbytes 12-14-2009 05:52 PM

So after a good size crash broke several parts (to include motor mount, right hand upper and lower A arms, front bulkheads, fuel tank mounting post on the receiver box, clutch, drive shaft yoke, and the front bumper) I decided to put my battered and bruised slayer away for the winter. I already picked up most of the parts from my LHS and installed them.

With my Slayer resting for the next few months, its the perfect time to do some upgrading. I already have the center diff, rear brake, sway bar, and stiffer springs. What else is out there for the slayer? Any words on a arms from RPM? I'm also debating porting the 3.3. Anybody have any positive or negative experiences with doing this?

mgtwpicco27 12-15-2009 06:33 PM

You don't need two servos. Just use the futaba s3305 metal gear servo, or something similar with a good amount of torque. The futaba is about 35.00 and is very strong. I use them in all of my vehicles, They have a 1 year replacement warranty, and I have never had one fail on me yet. Good servo for the price.

michaelr87 12-16-2009 09:28 AM

IM LOOKING FOR A WIDER WHEEL AND TIRE COMBO THAT WILL WORK ON THE SLAYER ...............ANY IDEAS</p>

f0rmula_2001 12-16-2009 01:43 PM

The [link=http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184&z enid=03dec78ae01ee58c782b9a7d9d75cc4d]panther Komodo dragon LPRs[/link] for a 30 series, 3", wheels will work. I used the RPM revolver wheels([link=http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/wheels/Monster/Revolver.htm]RPM Revolvers[/link]). They are just a little taller than stock but about 2.5 times as wide. I think you could find other tires and wheels, I think proline makes a few tires in that size. Most anything you will find you have to run 17mm hubs.

MCSRacing 12-19-2009 07:36 PM

pick up some adaptors from AKA racing and run 1/8 scale tire and wheel combo on it, a wider tire combo will rub the body cutouts ... and it ya raise the body to clear it will handle like crap.

twohammersoffun 12-20-2009 07:28 PM

the pin on the crank shaft (part # 5288) broke and i cant find one what engin would be a sweet replacement for my truck
</p>

MCSRacing 12-21-2009 10:30 AM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMHU0&P=ML

twohammersoffun 12-26-2009 06:03 PM

what revo parts work on a slayer its all the same except for the a arms and coltrol arems right? and is it worth the extra weight in changing to aluminum parts</p>

igorfederyuk 12-28-2009 03:31 PM

hey guys, i want to get a traxxas slayer, what else should i get along with it, i know i need some airfilter oil, after run oil, can someone give me a good one (after run oil) and how many extra glow plugs should i get? also should i get a failsafe, temp guage, and what else?
thanks very much!

igorfederyuk 12-28-2009 04:11 PM

ok so one more question, can i use a 7.2v Nicad battery for the ez start? and what glow plugs should i use when it goes bad?
thanks a lot!

twohammersoffun 12-28-2009 07:39 PM

what kind of grease and how much gose in the in the rear diff case (5380)

MCSRacing 12-28-2009 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: igorfederyuk

ok so one more question, can i use a 7.2v Nicad battery for the ez start? and what glow plugs should i use when it goes bad?
thanks a lot!
yea use a standard 7.2 NiCd battery for the ez-start ... i use OS LC3 glow plugs in my slayer

i just use regular white wheel bearing grease in my slayer transmission and rear ends

igorfederyuk 12-29-2009 12:52 AM

ok thanks a lot

igorfederyuk 12-29-2009 08:33 PM

so what fuel should i use? the traxxas top fuel 20% nitro...i heard the traxxas fuel is expensive...so if i break it in with the traxxas fuel 20% then can i switch to a different brand 20%?
thanks!!

MCSRacing 12-30-2009 12:40 AM

we run the trinity monster horsepower 20%, only because we have a hard time getting byrons gen2 .... trinity is high quality fuel, much better than traxxas or blue thunder.

igorfederyuk 12-30-2009 11:22 AM

well i only have traxxas fuel available to me thats not that far away, and the rest is from hobbyshops which ill have to pay shipping. so ill break it in with the traxxas fuel, and then ill see from there, does that sound ok?
thanks.

igorfederyuk 12-30-2009 11:56 AM

how much oil % is in the trinity monster?

dirtracer01 12-31-2009 07:24 AM

Hi wanting to no if there's a thread or forum i can go to that tells or shows how to lower your slayer? Thankshttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

f0rmula_2001 12-31-2009 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: dirtracer01

Hi wanting to no if there's a thread or forum i can go to that tells or shows how to lower your slayer? Thanks[img][/img]
Its pretty easy. There are a couple of easy ways to do it. Depends on how low you are looking to go. For a good off road race hight your drive shafts should be around level at ride height. I use stiffer spings than stock and I had to turn the shock retainers up to get there. If you want it to ride really low you would have to put stiffer springs on and shorten the pushrods. I had one of my slayers turned into a rally car for a while and the skidplates where about 1 cm from the ground.

MCSRacing 12-31-2009 10:47 AM

double black springs and a roll bar kit ... help out alot

twohammersoffun 01-15-2010 06:12 PM

is the cener diff and rear brak kit worth it ?
</p>