RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official RC10GT Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/796271-official-rc10gt-thread.html)

gt_man 11-22-2010 02:16 AM

RE: Official RC10GT Thread

Sweet man, thanks. Yah I already have downloaded a bunch of those pdfs from the ae site and saved them to a folder. Pretty helpful and Im working on getting some more parts for it soon so I can wrench on it for a while. The drawings definitely help for a lot, it just sucks that there are so many little individual pieces to get to rebuild the tranny.

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-22-2010 02:46 AM

Uh oh, sounds like somebody has never messed with a six gear transmission!

gt_man 11-22-2010 06:06 PM

Nope I only work on real truck transmissions. Seems I can figure it out. So many little parts hahaha. I did rebuild the tranny in my brushless micro t a few times. But never touched my rc10gt. Trying to find a list of everything to rebuild it along with the robinson gears.

gt_man 12-02-2010 11:39 AM

Alright you guys I've made a lot of progress on the car and Im almost ready to begin breaking it in soon. Got all the new parts installed and the new OS .18 CV-RX in. Right now Im only battling two issues I need some help with.

My first issue is that for some reason im screwing the idle set screw in on the carb all the way and it is barely opened. I havent started it yet, but it doesnt look like a big enough opening to keep it idling.

My second main issue is Im having trouble setting up the throttle brake linkage. I think its due to some odd angles and stuff from the new engine being bigger, taller, wider, etc than the old ae .15. I cant seem to get it set to have the right range of motion that opens and closes the carb all the way without bending the arm on the rotary carb. Trying to set it up just like stock and still haven't even gotten to the brake yet. Cant get it to work been rotation the servo horn on the servo itself with all trims set at 0 and everytime when I set the throttle atv all the way up it just doesnt have enough range of motion it seems like. Also it looks the air filter is going to get in the way.

Anyone have pics with a working OS .18 linkage setup. I bough a brand new stock rc10gt linkage kit I've been trying to work with and right now Im going off the stock servo horn mounted on the new servo. The servo horn is the one that looks like an X.

Thanks

maxxmastr 12-05-2010 09:35 PM

hope this helpshttp://i659.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/rc/gt009.jpghttp://i659.photobucket.com/albums/u.../thegt1002.jpg

gt_man 12-06-2010 12:15 AM

Thanks man. Well I got everything assembled on the car and broke it in and so far have 8 tanks through it. I finally got the throttle setup to work, but I just had to use that big red futaba servo horn that I dont really like. However, that horn worked because it gave more range of motion with the slightly longer arms. Still a lot I want to do to the car. You can see its still kind of getto with the old body all beat up and some parts still old and rusted. My next things to do are go around the car replacing all the rusted stuff with the blue screws from the screw kit, rebuild the whole brake and slipper assembly, get a new body and paint it silver, and install the new mip clutch. Its a real bummer I didnt install the mip clutch beforehand because I already had it. What happened was I got the flywheel on and loc tited and everything and was in a hurry when I realized the pins on the flywheel needed to be hammered in for the mip clutch. So i just went ahead and threw stock shoes on there for now but regret doing that. I put a brand new 17 tooth flywheel on it and after 8 tanks its already smoked and black looking. Even with the idle set low as possible the wheels will spin a lot off the ground at idle and it takes some brake tension applied at the neutral point to hold it in place. Looks like Im just gonna have do it and take it all back out to take the flywheel off and hammer in the pins. Kind of sucks wish I read the mip directions beforehand. I could tell though that the engine had a lot more power, but the clutch wasnt grabbing good enough for take off power and top speed.

However, my other issue is that Im having trouble with the stock settings and tuning this engine. When they say turns in stock setting is that a whole turn of the screw driver or like one turn of the slot in the screw switching it to 180 degrees. I just cant seem to get it dialed in. I feel like I got the lsn set right even though it seems pretty far in than normal. Which is weird because most stock settings are the needles flush but I dont think so on this engine for either the HSN or LSN. Anyways it seems to be smoking a lot even at like half throttle, but whenever I lean out the HSN and punch it full throttle it skips for a second and wants to die which sounds like its not getting enough fuel. Does anyone have their exact settings that work for them on this engine. I mean the turns out from all the way in. I know there are many different factors and conditions, but just so I know Im in the right range and could tune from there. I just cant figure out why it is smoking so much.

Anyways here are some pics of the car with all the new stuff and its old getto body, along with some parts still rusted hahaha.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/1.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/2.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/3.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/4.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/5.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/6.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/gt_man1/7.jpg

gt_man 12-08-2010 04:59 PM

Hey guys Im waiting to run the truck again until I can get a new clutch in there. You can obviously tell from the pics that the brand new clutchbell got smoked after just a few tanks from the stock shoes slipping. I need a clutch that can handle the os .18 and grab well and not creep at idle with a spring. I already bought an MIP clutch but Ive been reading about it around here and realizing that it might also not even be able to handle the os .18 power and it too may slip a lot. So before I pull this out and modify my flywheel for the MIP, are there any other really good clutch setups that grab well and that I can run from other cars? Im not sure if something from like a traxxas or losi will fit and easy parts to get?

gt_man 12-10-2010 01:03 PM

So nobody on this thread anymore that can help me with a clutch setup for this. Id really like to go with like a 3 show aluminum style clutch or something else that will grab a lot better. Its an OS .18 with the (S) crankshaft if that helps. If nobody can help me then I guess I'll just have to try the MIP and hope it doesn't slip too much.

Brandon4164 12-15-2010 04:50 PM

Hey!!! I am looking to get an original rc10gt not the rc10gt2 and I was just trying to figure out if hobby shops still carry original rc10gt parts. I have been out of the hobby for some time and havent been to a hobby shop in over 4 years. If hobby shops dont carry rc10gt parts are rc10gt and rc10gt2 parts compatible? If something breaks on my rc10gt can I buy rc10gt2 parts to replace them???

Thanks,
Brandon!

gt_man 12-17-2010 10:52 PM

Yah man it is difficult to find parts for these now. The hobby shops carry very few parts here and there, but Ive been going through the process of buying most of the stuff off the internet. Also, as you can see it is very difficult to get help now with theses trucks.

On another note. I need to try and summon some more help. I have the OS .18 CV-RX(S) with the short crank shaft. I really want to ditch the small rc10gt clutch setups. I know Ill have to replace the flywheel, clutchbell, clutchnut, etc. But can I fit a t-maxx setup on this motor or some other type of setup that uses a bigger and better clutch?

quietnas1 12-19-2010 09:56 AM

Look at losipartshouse.com. You can practically build one from scratch from that site.

gt_man 12-19-2010 03:23 PM

Thanks. I checked out that site before. Can anyone answer my clutch question?

quietnas1 12-21-2010 07:50 AM

Man I run the stock clutch in mines and it runs fine.never had that issue before.

craig548 12-21-2010 10:46 AM

u caan get a robinson racing clutch off ebay fairly cheap twenty bucks or so they seem to hold up good!!! hope this helps u man!! also just type in rc10gt clutch in a search bar see what it brings up and read some reviews, but ur best bet sounds like to me is find u a self adjusting clutch ur going to pay between 70-170$ but in the end it would probably be worth it

craig548 12-21-2010 11:04 AM

(brandon 4164) i still have 4 rc10gts and as far as i have found out, most hobby shops around my area still carry these parts (southern ohio), they are agood dependible truck, and from my experience that i have found out just about every stadium truck ucan get parts to fit on the rc10gt, as far as i have found out. i have used steering system off rc10gt on the (older) duratrax maximum st to get the stadium truck feel instead of monster truck, i recently broke the turnbuckles on my traxxas stampede and rc10gt bolted right up just had to use the traxxas arm bolts instead of the gt pins, and of coarse the traxxas wheel hubs (had to drillhole one size bigger to make work) i have use rc10 arms on my rustler vice versa i know all the front end parts on most stadium trucks interchange and will work with a little bit of work, as far as rear end goes, idk about them but imsure most parts are compatable! as far as thegt2 goes, idk? im still stuck on the first gt!!! if there isnt anythingwrong with the first oneand itsthe best short coarse truck whygo to a newer truck lol but im sure most parts will fit associated is pretty good about thinking ahead!now come on guys let keep this damn thread alive and show some damn respect to the nitro car that started everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)</p>

craig548 12-21-2010 11:14 AM

also gt man, , when u get a new clutch also try breaking it in with some road tires, u can get some (losi) tires fairly cheap, run it in real powdery dirt so ur sure not to slip the clutch, runs about 2 tanks them take it to the road run another tank with out romping it to hard then it should be broke in really good, ( my information might not help u at all, but in just trying to throw some thing out there that i have done and seemed to help me):) lol

gt_man 12-21-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks guys. I think robinson racing only makes clutchbells for these trucks, not clutches themselves. I was pretty easy on it breaking in. Now Im really just trying to find out how to fit a clutch from like a t-maxx or a savage or something like that that is bigger onto my particular engine. (OS .18 CV-RX(s)) I know im probably going to need a new clutcbell, clutchnut, and flywheel, but Im just trying to figure out the setup that will work.

Also the only clutch setups specifically designed for the gt that ive found is the stock 2 shoe, factory 4 shoe, mip 4 n 1, and SSRC aluminum. I rather just upgrade to a whole to clutch and flywheel setup with better options.

craig548 12-21-2010 03:26 PM

i have heard the ssrc are good clutches, chances are if ur slipping a .15 clutch in a .18 there was something wrong with it probably normal wear and tear, try cleaning and scuuffign the pads and bell, put i have heard of people putting 15 shoes on a traxxas 2.5 motor and no problem so i cant really see why it would be slipping unless it was wore,but try whatever, the robinson bell and the mip 4 would be a good combo

gt_man 12-21-2010 04:28 PM

I know it wasnt worn because I put another brand new clutch bell on and put on the brand new mip clutch in the most aggressive position. I went easy on it for a tank or two but when I started hammering on it, it was slipping still like crazy.

craig548 12-22-2010 05:47 PM

idk man id ruff the hell outta the stock pads and wire wheel the housing lol, , , , but im pretty sure just about any fly sheel and clutch wil work as long as the shaft is same size and the nut is the same

craig548 12-22-2010 05:49 PM

u could have ur gears to tight together this could easily slip a clutch

gt_man 12-22-2010 10:46 PM

No I have slipper set just perfect. A little tight though. And my spur gear and clutchbell mess perfectly. A little loose but still tight together. Can pull the paper through the teeth with a little force without ripping the paper.

crispyspa 12-23-2010 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: gt_man

Can anyone answer my clutch question?
I have the O.S. .18 s also and I converted my clutch to Traxxas with no problem.

gt_man 12-23-2010 11:55 PM

sweet what the actual setup you have. what parts and do you have any pics. thanks

crispyspa 12-24-2010 09:09 PM

Give me a couple of days, I'll dig it out and snap some good quality pics.