RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   Official RC10GT Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/796271-official-rc10gt-thread.html)

trx1 11-04-2013 09:58 PM

does anyone still run these??

sjhm9102 11-05-2013 08:13 AM

i want to sell mine

crispyspa 11-05-2013 08:37 AM

Sold mine a couple of years ago in favor of electric. Not going back to nitro. Too messy and noisy....I'm getting old I guess. Noise bothers me now.

Cowboy420 11-05-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by crispyspa (Post 11655160)
Sold mine a couple of years ago in favor of electric. Not going back to nitro. Too messy and noisy....I'm getting old I guess. Noise bothers me now.

I still run mine almost every weekend, love it! Im the opposite, electric is boring as hell to me and I like the sound and smell of nitro. I don't find it messy at all, with an air compressor and some alcohol my rig is clean in about 2 minutes.

xnova5 01-09-2014 10:32 PM

just trying to keep this forum running.

i love my rc10gt i've had it since i was 12 and now im in my mid 20's and its been tons of fun all the way (nitro learning curve was a pain though).and have recently picked up 2 more gt's for only 100$ on craigs what a bargain. i will sell these to some family members who have shown a strong interest in nitro and keep the gt community alive.

also does anyone know of any good places to run these things in or around the orange county area?

darth brian 04-24-2014 03:15 PM

Does anyone know if these 17mm hex adapters will fit the rc10gt? I want to run 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._Hex_4pc_.html
Thanks!

jdaniel10gt 06-20-2015 07:37 PM

i recently got one from my cousin, he had it when we were 12 & im 21 now, its a RTR and he never cranked it once but ive jerry rigged this thing to make it taller, and put little bit bigger tres on it. i just drive it on my lunch break but i love it ha i think out of the box it had 1 1/2" ground clearance but ive got it up to 2 3/4" now lol. i really need a 4x4 stampede or something but free is awesome

Certified Mike 08-07-2016 05:30 PM

Hey! I know this thread is pretty much dead but I have one of these and have read thru the entire thing now. My rig is in rough shape and will be slowly restified into what I want and what it should be. I'm thinking there's gotta be some ppl reading this who are still running these trucks for kicks. I don't know anywhere who has a racing class for nitro stadium at all. Anyway, if you're running or restoring or whatever, say hi. I'd love to talk and see what's new and what's avail, different ideas for these rigs. Mine is a blue chasis with an OS 18 crvx. Only a few minor mods and a LOT of abuse to be undone!!!

jester_s1 08-08-2016 05:24 AM

These trucks are as good for bashing as they ever were. They aren't competitive anymore, but they are durable and handle fairly well for getting out and playing in the dirt. I wouldn't put a lot of effort into upgrading one, but mine is a blast to just get out and drive.

collective itch 03-09-2018 04:06 AM

rebuilding one currently

callsignMERLIN 03-11-2018 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by jester_s1 (Post 12244070)
These trucks are as good for bashing as they ever were. They aren't competitive anymore, but they are durable and handle fairly well for getting out and playing in the dirt. I wouldn't put a lot of effort into upgrading one, but mine is a blast to just get out and drive.

My dialed in GT with a .15 will keep up with my new T4.3. Doesn't have that whole shot tourque but every bit as fast. Very competitive truck, the class just doesn't draw the attention anymore thanks to SC trucks.

I just bought the mounting plate to convert an extra GT roller over to electric. I'm just throwing in a traxxas titan 12 / esc combo for starter. Issue is going to be how to mount the battery tray.

Itch -> good luck let us know if you have any questions, they are great trucks.

collective itch 03-16-2018 03:06 AM

what clutch setup is everyone running? and which wheels, standard pin or hex conversions?